LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
wow ne good..worth paying for?
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
lld-Zer0Cool

BNet Acct/Realm: useast sc-nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject:  wow ne good..worth paying for?  

wondering if ne 1 has played wow (world of warcraft) and if so if its worth paying 15 bux a month for.....also compare it to other similar games(i got ff online, orsth desicion ever, i hated it)

basically i want something like d2 with better graphics, more char type options, more pvm/more quests.

so is this 1 of the types of games were i can play for 3 years and become the prestigous lvl 2...or is it just a lil slower then d2....

also i saw on wow's website that they r already banning ppl for hacking/botting...is it a big problem yet or just a secluded problem?

o yes and is it worth paying 15 bux a month for...bc personally i swore to myself i would never pay a fee to play an online game...but im getting sicker and sicker of d2, and have searched for a replacement for over a year with no luck...maybe just maybe its time to look into online games u need to pay for, and who better to replace d2 then another blizz game....

ok so i am basically looking for ne excuse to get wow and pay 15 bux a month to play a game...and i think i can deal with that as long as the game doesnt a)suck..b)suck..or c)suck bc of hackers

some 1 fill me in plz, ne info on wow is apreciated
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject:  

I haven't played it, but I was talking to my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend, and he said that it is a lot of fun, and that blizz has people playing it constantly to keep cheaters and hackers out of there. I guess they maintain it a lot better than free bnet.

That's what I've heard at least.

diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject:  

Eh heard mixed reviews some people LOVED IT some people HATED IT try the beta before u actually buy the game me personally ill wait for GW than rather paying 15 bucks a month for WoW

lld-Zer0Cool

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject:  

gw?

and yeah typically that type of rpg (the massivly blah blah blah's) seem to be a love or hate type of game...i hated ff online so im afraid i may hate wow...and i do not wana buy the game and waste the money on something i cannot/will not play.

i chked the wow site and it seems intresting (but so did ff online)....

and it seems every 1 i have asked (mostly ppl from the blizz, valve communities) dunt seem to actually play it wow, so its hard for me to gauge if it is any good...when i werked at circuit city a guy their raved on about how amazing ff online was, he played it and his kid and his kids friends all played it....i played it for like maybe a week, then got real sick of being like lvl 4 after o maybe 20+ hours of game play(probably about 2-4 hours a day for a week, felt like lvl 4 was not reasonable)...i was basically wondering how quick the progression of leveling was in wow(id assume slower then d2 but faster then ff online)
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject:  

if u didnt know GW i mean is Guild Wars its like WoW kinda except no pay to play and its coming out in feb i heard

Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject:  

Both my sons are playing WoW and they are addicted. I go down to the dungeeon (rec room) every once in a while to watch. The graphics are amazing but a little on the cartoonish side. The animation and graphics remind me of Zelda (that is not necessarily a bad thing as Zelda is beautiful). It doesn not play like Diablo but then neither does GW. I find all the traveling around to get to quest tedious and there are not a lot of chest or treasure troves around. Seems like most of your stuff you get from killing monsters. The game is a closer kin to Warcraft than Diable but it gets down to the indidvidual character level instead of the army level. They play on the PvP server so it is pretty cool to see 50 or more Alliance characters suddenly attack Rachet without warning and see the Horde players drive them back.

It is not my kind of game but like I said my sons are addicted and play6 or more hours a day. They each have a level 35 character and a couple level 20s.
lld-Zer0Cool

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject:  

thx for the info every 1 especially rampage...i herd the graphics r good for an rpg, but did it take your sons 4 ever to get to lvl 35??? (60 is max right?) also the thing with all the diferent realms/servers is so confusing, i understand y it is that way, but i wish they could do it more like d2...east,west, euro, asia...simple

in your opinion is it worth paying the monthly fee for....

also its intresting u say u have 2 sons playing right? i ask bc today i was thinking of getting a copy for me and my bro....but do u really need 2 accounts to play at the same time? in other words to i have to pay $30 a month instead of $15 so me and my bro can play, or can i just buy 2 copies (2 seperate cd keys) make 1 account with multiple chars, and play 2 dif chars on same account with 2 dif cd keys while only paying the 15 bux per account?

the above is possible in d2 i know, with 2 dif cd keys and 2 dif comps i can use 2 dif chars on 1 account.....could u do me a favor and try that with your setup and c how it goes...see if 1 son can use 1 of his chars and the other son can use another char on same account....

if u could do this for me then i will love u forever...also u might be happy bc u may not have to pay for 2 accounts that way...altho your sons already spent time lvling and all....if it doesnt work then hey ill pay for 2 accounts...also how many chars can u have per account? 8 like d2 or less?
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah 2 computers side by side and two accounts. 30 dollars a month. It is part of thier Christmas present from me. I personally would not pay to play the game but as always parents will pay through the nose for what thier kids want. They got the game the day it came out and have been playing ever since....every day. So I guess it has taken them about 8-10 days of playing to get to level 35 because they each have a couple level 20 characters that they have played also. The first part went pretty fast because they had played the Beta and knew where to go for the quest. Now everything is new so progress has slowed somewhat. I got them signed up for three months each. We will see how much they are playing it when it comes time to renew.

I think all the different servers are to cut down on lag and make the enviorment contrllable. It is really something to see 100s of characters roaming around the world and know that everyone is a person at a computer somewhere. In Diablo you never see more than 7 others at one time. And when you play on the PvP servers you have to watch out for both the monsters and the members of the opposing faction. Often times they kill each other on sight. And because you have to walk back to your body as a ghost it is very frustrating to die.

I asked they said 6 or 8 was max number of characters but they were not sure and they said it might be possible to play on the same account on different servers but there is no way you can play and level together with one account. They have not tried the different server thing.
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

Im playing WoW, and all I can say is that I love this game oh so very much. (hence the reason I haven't been on D2 at all Laughing )
The walking around part is tedious... for example I had a 35 minute walk from one city to another... and some of the quests are boring (like killing 30 of the same monster) but other then that, the game is really enjoyable, especially whenever the pvp aspect becomes involved. My video card isnt the best but it runs fine on my computer, and I hardley have more then 140 ping (which is still in the green) my lag only really spikes whenever I enter a huge city... all in all I would recommend this game if you don't mind paying, but if you do... wait till Feb. Razz

Just a question, why wouldn't you pay to play a game? Just wondering...

Fantasy

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject:  

hmm, mind if i ask what's happening in Feb?

lld-Zer0Cool

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject:  

l337h4x0rz wrote:
if u didnt know GW i mean is Guild Wars its like WoW kinda except no pay to play and its coming out in feb i heard

thats happing in feb Smile ill have to look into that more, a link to the site would be cool if ne 1 knows it

and rampage either u didnt understand what i was getting at or i dunt understand your answer lol

ill use my name and my bros name as an example to better explain

me = Colin
bro = Dan

2x comps
2xcd's
2x cd keys
1xaccount (15bux)
6-8x chars

ok so my question is, can i be on my(Colin) comp with 1 cd key, and my bro(dan) on his comp with a diferent cd key, login to the same acount, use diferent chars at the same time, thusforth playing as 2 characters but only paying for 1 account

this is possible in d2 u can use 2 chars on same account at same time

just wondering if this is possible and u would be able to test it for me real easy(or make your kids do it lol)

have them both login to the same account at around the same time(so they r both signed in simultaneously)...then have them pick 2 dif chars, son A goes on char puffy and son B goes on Char Fang...they play at the same time on same server together using only 1 account

hmmm i hope that made better sence....i understand how the server thing werx, i just dunt like it lol...and to play with each other u must be on same realm/server...so if u sons friends wanted to play from there house they would need to know what realm your sons play on, or they couldnt play together...even more intresting, the allies cannot speek with the horde or vise versa, they do not speak same language or something, only can communicate threw emodes

well only reason i really mind paying to play a game online is lets say (like i did with ff online) i hear about a game that when descriped sounds great, i say cool let me try it and see if i like it....i get it and setup account and all and to my dismay a week into it i find i hate it....50 bux down the crapper for the software alone, then whatever they bill me for...plus (and i guess this holds true for all software) if i dunt like it i cannot return it Sad

i have a barely used set of ff online disks that i will never use, i dunt wana put wow next to it lol...i guess i should try to find some 1 i know who plays and see for myself, but none of my friends r into games like me....so im left to reading about it and asking ppl in forums

well cool guys and every 1 for input..keep it comming
lld-Zer0Cool

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject:  

rampage u think u could try that for me man, i wana knowif i have to pay for 2 accounts for me and my bro to play, and u have everything needed to test it real quick, it would take your kids like 5 mins max to try it....

also im gonna prob start another thread about wow and your fav char types/builds...so feel free to chk that out or have your kids add a post to that thread
Pansy

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I've been busy with WoW as well, and, like Voodoo, is one of the primary reasons I've pretty much disappeared from D2 altogether.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject:  

LLD is on hold for me ATM, bc of World of Warcrap

worth it? i think so.

FYI i can be found on the KILROGG server {Alliance}
/tell jerkazoid

T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, i just got WoW for Xmas... and like it was said B4, my parents are paying up the nose for it......... kinda sux though, everybody plays on KILLROGG server and i also have two close friends playing on the KILLROGG server.... i currently play terenas but might switch over eventually.... and jerkazoid, is (jerkazoid) that your char name and acct name?
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: