LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Forum Sugestions
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
LOCRIAN]oL[

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject:  Forum Sugestions  

I'm sure you guys have survied years fine without making any changes but a few sugestions for the forum
1) Get rid of the logo_phpBB.gif in the upper left corner(wouldnt a nice looking lld101 graphic look so much cooler?) It just makes the site look unprofessional and from what ive seen from the ppl here all are far from being "Noob"(need graphic help? www.out-lawz.com/main.htm Im not bad with graphic progs)

2) Offer the membership more theme choices then the default "silver" template that comes with the phpBB template. (just a forum showing a differant theme and that the upper left graphic can easyily be changed to reflect the forums direction .
http://www.out-lawz.com/forum )

Now If youd like to make changes Id be more then happy to help and can easily walk ya though the file changes like over Aim or something. You would have to have access to the folder which the forum is stored on the server so if no one here has that ability yet still thinks the changes would be nice, get hold of whomever host the forum for ya guys and ask about it.
I mean i dont have to help at all if im not needed and Im sure the host knows exactly what to do but if needed and ya like the idea ill make up some graphics to let ya choose or if you got another member youd prefer to make um by all means ask them. Just a sugestion that I'm able to help back up only if needed.
Arcane[hoh]

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast - KY
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject:  

true, my old band's website had a forum that i made a custom theme w/ purple background dark green borders, black text and alternating grey and orange panels for posts, it was kinda weird, but it kept alot of non fans frequenting the site just to use the forum Laughing

ISO:
ethereal swordback(prefferably with full durability)
eth\repair rare crown\great helm, 120+def with life\fhr\res\2sockets
13+life\def(4-8 def only, lvl 17) scs'

paying in currencies
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

as great as that sounds, we dont have the time in our personal lives to care much for the appearance on the site. on top of that, none of us know how, and zharus, who owns the site, doesnt visit us anymore. so i doubt he cares that much about the appearance either.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject:  

Clan Outlawz Smile I remember way back when I tried to join your clan because I had nothing else to do Wink Do you remember me?

I first found out about you guys from Skip]oL[ a really good vlld.

Sorry about OT Confused

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject:  

I like the idea of replacing the phpbb - creating communities logo.

Maybe someone could think up a cool logo in their spare time...

Though I kinda like the familiar grey template we have now...

xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

I like the idea sometimes a little change is good Very Happy

ill try to help but i really suck with that kind of stuff.

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject:  

i like the grey background, as for the image, i never really payed much attention to it, I honestly don't care about it.

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
LOCRIAN]oL[

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
as great as that sounds, we dont have the time in our personal lives to care much for the appearance on the site. on top of that, none of us know how, and zharus, who owns the site, doesnt visit us anymore. so i doubt he cares that much about the appearance either.

Well thats why I offered my help Voices. Making up a 300x150 lld logo to top the page takes no time at all. I mean I spend more time reading new post on the trade forums and ect and I know you spend much more time reading over all the new post east and west then I would ever think of making a logo.
As for no one knows how well I do and actually the pic thats there has a blank duplicate in the same folder ready to rename to the name of that gif after you added your own text. And 3rd, man thats scary that no one has access to this sites cpanel. If for some reason the host decides not to host anylonger you've got no access to the backup files for the forum and potentually disasterous outcome soon ensues for the members of lld101. Is this host the same that owns the url "www.lld101.com"? This forum is a "redirect" from the actuall lld.101.com addy so actually there is 2 servers being paid for each year just to support these forums.
Yeah Looking at the phpwebosting main site its 9.18 a month to host a php board with Real limmited options and probly the same or so for the site that houses the www.lld101.com site. Im not getting whyd youd pay for 2 sites to house something the server space that the lld101 main page is on more then likely has ample room for a forum considering text only files take up no room and the graphic content of the index.html and whatever graphics the template uses are minimal.

And since im writing anyways

ThatGuy,
I'm sorry but no I dont remember you man and Skip]oL[/Skippa]oL[ has been inactive for quite a wile so that musta been "back in tha day". I was the one that got Skippa into doing vlld...I was unaware of you guys here at lld101 . A few in oL and I used to love to go Pkin for kicks as there gear was more the bp with 9's type of cheap but effective builds for pubbie games they wernt nearly as into it as I was.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

Really? You look extremely familiar, as I've seen you so many times now, and we've had conversations together Wink .

Anyways I'll stop now as this is reserved for PM's Confused

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: