LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Introduction/Critique my build
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject:  Introduction/Critique my build  

I figured I should make an introduction thread after finishing my last thread so here goes. My account is SlayerOftheWeak and I play USeast Ladder and duel mainly in pubbies. I go by the name Phyre on most boards. Since I've started LLDing, I've been accused of hacking more than in the rest of my D2 career combined. Also, I apparently have a copycat secret admirer running around with a character named TaIiya on account *SlayerOfTheWeek. Kinda scary, he made a "bed of ears" on the bridge to the Moor. Shocked

That out of the way, I just figured I'd post my latest build so you veterans of LLD can make sure I don't have any glaringly stupid mistakes. Thanks in advance and if there is anything I leave out, just ask and I'll check and report back.

Name: Taliya
Level: 31
Type: Kicker sin

Skill Pts Allocation:
20 Dragon Talon
2 Burst of Speed
3 Weapon Block
1 Dragon Flight
1 In all prereqs
5 Points leftover unused

Stats after gear:
195 Strength
120 Dex
50 Vit
Base Energy
There is a very large excess of strength and dex because I had originally not counted on using the IK set and I also am using some +5 str and +5 dex large charms to fill my inventory while I continue collection +15 smalls to replace them.

Melee setup:
Peasant Crown (going to p ruby)
Spirit Shroud (p ruby)
Strength runeword Blade Talon
Whitstan's Guard
IK Gloves
IK Boots
IK Belt
Angelic Jewelry

700 Life
75% block, 40% faster block
1000 def
10k AR
372-643 Dtalon Damage, 4 kicks

Caster setup:
Peasant Crown (going to p ruby)
Spirit Shroud (p ruby)
+1 Rare Sin Blade Talon (2 open sockets)
+1 Sin Blade Talon
IK Gloves
IK Boots
IK Belt
Angelic Jewelry

670 Life
46% claw block
981 def
11k AR
365-622 Dtalon Damage, 5 kicks

+5 Strength Large Charm x 3
+5 Dex Large Charm x 6
+15 life small charms x 18

Okay, thats my build. I hope I didn't miss anything. Here are some questions I've got:

1) I've heard alot of mixed views on OW vs CB. From my experience CB seems alot more beneficial than OW in LLDing.

2) What is more important: Getting that 25% CB from Strength or sacrificing that for a +1 claw to get 5 kicks? If there is an alternative setup I should use to maintain the CB and still get 5 kicks, that would be great. Every build I've explored loses a great deal of +stats or CB in order to get the 5 kicks.

3) I've been experimenting with swapping String of Ears and the IK Belt but haven't noticed too much of a difference. Any thoughts on which is the better of the two?

4) Any ideas on what to socket my claws with? I really have no idea what would go in there besides +res/+life jewels. However, I never really have problems with any elemental chars except trappers so I'd like to know if there is something I could socket into it that would help me against heavy melee. (Barbs and Pallys mainly) Other than melee, I have problems with higher level necros. (level 40+)

5) What should I do with my extra 5 skill pts? I was thinking I could dump them into Fade and get more IAS gear, dump them into Cloak of Shadows for a def advantage, or possibly put them into WoF and MB since I've seen it used very effectively with higher level chars. Or is there something else I could do?
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject:  

If you have the time/patience, read the huge 11 page post on kickers in general discussion. There is a ton of information in there.

Besides that, I'll wait for the brain (jerkazoid) to come in here and answer these questions since he knows way more about kickers than I do.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject:  

yes i agree CB should be given a higher rating then OW at low levels.... but i dont use it seeing as how most people dont hit above 700 life on ladder anyway. its not so great there,, against druids with 1500+ life though.. thats a diff story.

the +1 rare with 2 sockets is great, the only option is more str/dex jewels , eth runes for meleers like barbs and palls or possible "damage to mana" jewels if u need more mana.

(imo 5 kicks is very important)
go with whitsans since u use the spirit shroud, the rhyme does u no real good

u have these options too
mossers
rockstopper,
silks of victor*
+2 MA talons,
+2 MA gloves (+2ma +10ias is great imo just need bos 6)
an soj (yes i know but its an option)

i like the string, it can even help WAY more vs casters with its potential 15 mdr. over the Ik belt bonuses

cloak of shadows is almost good if u went pure def.. not as much as u might think though.

u can try a shadow, it can help confuse people when u teleport. takes hits from minions and such.

u could also put 1 point into TS and charge up on minions real easy then unload some kicks (thats for strange encounters though)

i use fade vs cold sorcs and foh paladins.. (it gets necro curses away fast too) its very helpfull to have tons of res vs them. i dont mind being a lil slower when i can lower there dmg to so little....
then put 1 into venom i guess too

theres no way to get more crushing then "Strength". upped goblin toes is just out of the question imo. the blood gloves might be viable with +1ma 10ias and full 10% crushing.. but super hard to make

*with 75% cold res and whitsans half freeze duration, cold durations will be so short it wont really effect you... only vs cold sorcs and hurricane druids could this be anything of a probem.

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Fri May 07, 2004 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phyre

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
yes i agree CB should be given a higher rating then OW at low levels.... but i dont use it seeing as how most people dont hit above 700 life on ladder anyway. its not so great there,, against druids with 1500+ life though.. thats a diff story.

If they don't have around 1k health, they never really give me trouble anyway with or without CB. I'll probably keep the CB then if its that important against high life chars which is what I generally have the most problems with.

Jerkazoid wrote:

i use fade vs cold sorcs and foh paladins.. (it gets necro curses away fast too) its very helpfull to have tons of res vs them. i dont mind being a lil slower when i can lower there dmg to so little....
then put 1 into venom i guess too

Didn't think about using Venom, totally forgot about that. At my level I can afford to put 2 pts into it, do you think 1 pt into Fade and 2 into Venom would be the ideal placement?

I have a +2 MA 30% IAS Blade Talon, should I be using this over Strength? I also have this pair of gloves, should I be using it?
Cruel Grip Sharkskin Gloves
10% ctc lvl 3 Nova when struck
+2 MA
10% IAS
+2 str
29% Lightning res
27% Psn Res
Phyre

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
If you have the time/patience, read the huge 11 page post on kickers in general discussion. There is a ton of information in there.

Besides that, I'll wait for the brain (jerkazoid) to come in here and answer these questions since he knows way more about kickers than I do.

I have been reading that thread since it was only 8 pages long or so, been my bible Wink
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: