LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Proposal 2 PASSED?!
Page 6 of 6 [83 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject:  

We have free healthcare and an awsome welfare program...true some people abuse the system but a huge majority who need it dont.

I have no problem with our system it works wonders.

what if you get laid off and cant get a job? or you get cancer and cant afford treatment due to lack of funds.......get yourself broke and homeless to try to seek help which will only be temporary till you run out of money? then what.

what about someone who is physically and mentally handicapped or is has a severe psychological disorder? 47% of the homeless in the US suffer from a severe psychological dissorder or retardation and they are homeless why? THE SYSTEM

Edit: Just because you dont see them doesnt mean they're not there....

Homelessness and poverty are inextricably linked. Poor people are frequently unable to pay for housing, food, child care, health care, and education. Difficult choices must be made when limited resources cover only some of these necessities. Often it is housing, which absorbs a high proportion of income, that must be dropped. Being poor means being an illness, an accident, or a paycheck away from living on the streets.

In 2000, 11.3% of the U.S. population, or 31.1 million people, lived in poverty (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2001). While the number of poor people has decreased a bit in recent years, the number of people living in extreme poverty has increased. In 2000, 39% of all people living in poverty had incomes of less than half the poverty level. This statistic remains unchanged from the 1999 level. Forty percent of persons living in poverty are children; in fact, the 2000 poverty rate of 16.2% for children is significantly higher than the poverty rate for any other age group.

Two factors help account for increasing poverty: eroding employment opportunities for large segments of the workforce, AND THE LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF PUBLIC SUPPORT

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject:  

Finally, I'm back. Been out of state for a funeral. Sad
I just don't know about the poverty thing... I mean, to us, poverty means something entirely different than a third world country. I think it's like $20,000 and under for poverty, isn't? To some other countries, you'd be rich.
xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject:  

thats it but within that specific economy your not rich. your in fact very badly off....I dont get whey They are trying to fix 3rd world countries when they cant even fix their own problems.....and what defines poverty is to have an income below the low income cutoff point within a given economical system. in conclusion even though within another economical system you'd be rich....your still poor in the one your in which is all that really matters.

...If i make no sense atm its because i have a final in an hour Shocked been up studying since 7am this morning and its now 5pm Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject:  

Okay Chickens, how many times has somebody started a buisness and clawed their way up from nothing in the past couple of years?

Never said I had a problem with the 'in god we trust' and 'one nation under god'. In fact, I'm pretty sure I mentioned in an earlier post that I consider it ambiguous. Also, about not having a problem spending the money, if you can find me a spot that supports the barter system, or a store that takes Euros, I'm all for it.

If you want to get technical, then the rich would always be paying more even at the same % because they make more... but I'm not about making the rich paying more, I just don't want them to get taxbreaks.

And people inheriting money is actually going to happen alot more then people clawing their way up to the top from nothing Wink

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject:  

I still don't know, I think a lot of people are better off in Western countries, even if they're below the poverty line, than a good percentage of the rest of the world. Yes, compared to people in their own area they may be poor, but since we're just dealing with poverty in general, they really are a lot better off than other places.
xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

zoe_lldgod wrote:
I still don't know, I think a lot of people are better off in Western countries, even if they're below the poverty line, than a good percentage of the rest of the world. Yes, compared to people in their own area they may be poor, but since we're just dealing with poverty in general, they really are a lot better off than other places.

perhaps but since western countries are "better off" i see no legitimate reason for the prevalance of poverty, as well as the lack of availablility to social and governmental assistance.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject:  

comparing one country's "povery line" to another country's, is flawed. you cant compare only 1 point between the two. take into consideration the cost of living in each country and then youll see why a more economically enchanced country has a higher definition of "poverty" than a less developed country does..

xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
comparing one country's "povery line" to another country's, is flawed. you cant compare only 1 point between the two. take into consideration the cost of living in each country and then youll see why a more economically enchanced country has a higher definition of "poverty" than a less developed country does..

pretty much what ive been trying to say Rolling Eyes

Page 6 of 6 [83 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: