LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
D3 Beta Testing coming soon!
Page 3 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
I think this feature will be part of final release, basically they took the reality of rushing, and legitimized it.

effectively this is no different than joining baal rush games and waiting for 1 sorc to tele. D3 just has a faster PvE/party system (if you are familiar with WoW it is like the Dungeon LFG/LFR systems)

parties = automatic when you join (4 player per game)
waypoints are auto shared, presumably you would do that anyway
because there is no loot competition, simply put you are all in it for the slot machine run as fast as possible.

as for the ring,check out this bad boy I picked up :)

(this is getting godly for beta, but 5% IAS would be better than MF)

Well, I guess its for the better, if it stays. Makes farming for lowbie level stuff easier, kinda.... <_<

The everyone gets their own loot is definetly a step in the right direction.

Is LFG/LFR related to the random dungeon search function? Then I am familiar with it, a bit at least. Never really got that far where me and my friend could not duo instances so we never really had any need for help from "outside" sources but, then again we only played the 30 day trial we gained after buying the first "two" games(classic+bc).

And yes, that ring is bad boy indeed and holy shit, rare rings can have IAS% ? on low levels? thats just... god... :D

As for the "BB's" and the whole auction system, doesnt that kinda make the game.... pay to win? I have never really read much about it, actually i havent read anything about it at all. So the image i have of it is: give blizzard money, blizzard gives you these "bb's" and you then use these "bb's" to buy items? If so, that is pay to win.
But, I guess, this is blizzards way to get rid of all thouse gold sellers and spam bots ect(and also they are making more money). Kinda mixed feelings here about that. :\

*edit*

Wait, rings and amulets have durability? :O

*edit2*

Oh, some... "old friends" in the rings list. :p

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject:  

durability is the first step to gold the standard
crafting costs is the next

pay to win, yes. Slowly but surely the "equipment" in any activity does become crucial for competition sake. Tennis shoes, golf clubs, better car, better computer (roids)... etc.
this is simply how the future will be and there is no stopping it.
Because it is a virtual time sink, it is inevitable that some will pay to decrease parts of the game they don't like, to improve their time in areas they do.

Now, as the legal precedent shows you don't own the items, just like the game of soccer, you may come into possession of the ball and score a goal, but the ball is not yours to own; your skill with it is yours to show off. So, after playing d2 enough to know, never mind the scripts people run, I am the f*&%&g bot and i hate it. I just want to duel, not kill AI. And no matter what you pay, knowing the mechanics will still be an element of skill + practice (and luck for items, as you can't just make something godly, it has to be found/traded)

Yes you will be able to use fake (and real) money to improve equipment,
the flip side is you will be able to make money, legitimately! So Blizz has effectively destroyed the black market; They now get a piece of the pie, as well as provide a safe way for you and me to trade items for real money.

this will keep the game free to play, while providing much income to maintain it as well. But reality, those of us who quit, then come back, or stay gone, this is quite a liquid market to embrace.

for anyone who doesn't like it the sad reality is if you want to play D3 it will be on those terms, and a level of acceptance will have to be met

heprea wrote:
random dungeon search function?
yes exactly

heprea wrote:
rare rings can have IAS% ? on low levels? thats just... god... Very Happy

at the moment I don't know if the affix tables have Magic-only mods, my assumption is yes, in the higher stuff so that crafted blues will have value

and yes IAS is a BIG deal. seems that so far only gloves/rings/weapons can spawn the "Keen" mod in Beta, which is up to 5%,
also your attack rate is listed as # of attacks per second

D3 is a 3D engine, we no longer have frames/frame breaks (though there is rounding to the 1/100 decimal place)

the LCS lists your DPS, which is of course a more crucial number than damage range anyway. You will clearly be given feedback by the DPS number as Ias is added/removed

and again for the record, i just can't stop playing, really finding the game more and more addictive the more I study and play

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject:  

Ah well, as long as it doesnt cost too much to repair the jewelery i dont mind i guess.

Crafting is probably gonna be really expensive, well might be cheaper in the lower levels but high levels are gonna be seriois cash. Or, its gonna be "cheap" and you are gonna get lots of shitty items done. ^^;

How much have you messed with the crafting? gotten any cool items?

Just read news about someone buying in an auction a sword(i think it was sword) for ~16 000 usd in china, to this upcoming mmo game. Which isnt even in its beta form yet. So yeah, that IS the future of gaming. Real money will be spent on games. Cant get away from it. Well, not in all games but yeah...

*edit*

does this mean, that we wont have these certain ias breakpoints? every single % is gonna affect your overall dps?

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
~16 000 usd in china,

"whales", 1%'ers who spend thousands on a game is actually a huge part of monetization for social/"freemium" games, no doubt in a game with its own auction, we will be seeing (and hearing) about this more often.

heprea wrote:

does this mean, that we wont have these certain ias breakpoints? every single % is gonna affect your overall dps?

absolutely, this is just the power 3D games offer. Though there is rounding to the 1/100 decimal

I do a ton of crafting this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/journeyman-slinglock
only a DH can weild (dual wield them too) Hand Xbows

it is not pricey for 1 or two, it is just you have to make dozens of em, to make sure you get something amazing. everything else, i try to get rares for, crafting offers NO lvl 1 items currently

as for the rest of the recipes, Gold will matter, it already matters in beta, I go through gold like crazy with crafting. But we have no idea what release will be like for sure

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject:  

Good that all ias% will actually affect on your dps heh, well more effective than what it did in d2.

Have you gotten any nice stats on your crafted bows?

Woudl have assumed that at least in beta phases crafting would have been somewhat cheaper(well.. who knows if it actually is cheaper that what it will be in the future... yet lol).

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject:  

acceptable, to put the quality in jewel terms I have crafted two +5ar 1-15 damage lvl 18 jewels.
good, but they are far from great.

One can expect that after making 50, you get two that are "good"
33 dps, +40attack, life steal, 6ias
22 dps, +21% critical damage, poisoned, 6ias

but for a godly we need the 3 best DPS mods to show up
+40-45 attack
+40-45 precision,
with something like +20-25% more critical damage
(with perfect 7% ias preset)

wielding two of those I'd expect DPS perfection in all slots on a lvl 13 DH to tip 400 un-buffed. hitting over 500 I would anticipate impossible without buffs.
(I currently hit 268 but better geared players are topping 350)

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject:  

i kinda giggled a bit, "quality in jewel terms" but, yeah its easy to understand the quality of your crafted items with that. :)

by the way, what do you mean with +attack and +precision?
Im guessing precision is the new attack rating? while +attack is?

or, is +attack = attack rating, while precision = chance to crit?

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject:  

I haven't seen any attack rating variable, other than some mobs have shields and block attacks

there are 4 main stats in D3

attack = off weapon ed% (1 attack creates 1% ed on me)
Precision* = critical strike chance
defense* = mitigation of all damage. (it says "all" so I assume all)
vitality = life per point (and IIRC power a regen globe grants)

(* means you get +1 not a %, the % is derived from variables like level)

you can also increase the amount of damage a critical strike does, it is a mod found on items, And i think barbs have a skill that make it +100%, while the DH is default +50%
armor found on gear contributes to physical damage reduction
i have not seen any resistance gear yet, but we have 0,0,0,0 in beta

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject:  

Ah, allrighty.
I think im gonna miss the "ha-ha cant hit me with my super awesome defiance aura on" times. ^^;

Do you have access to gems in beta? Also, are there the usual grey items with x-y amount of sockets? or are they only possible to be added at the blacksmith(havent really looked up, i guess it could be the jeweler as well or w/e) >_<

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject:  

I have never seen any socketed equipment fall, the only items I see with sockets are crafted blues but they have req over lvl 13.
and I have seen no gems drop either

the jeweler Shen will have some recipes, but we have no access to him nor the enchanter
Shen can etch a socket into shields, helms, belts, or pants, enabling nearly any piece of equipment to reap the benefits of gems.

the beta is still quite limited compared to what we can expect

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject:  

I see, hopefully they will patch these things soon-ish or, at least let us have them at least for a short moment before the end of beta. :S

Also, my close friend found out today that he had gotten d3 beta invite at some point... (last time he had logged into his battlenet2 account was when sc2 came... so no idea how long that invite has actually been there lol).

There we were, 2 guys with gleaming eyes and giggling like little girls when he started up the game... I must say... dat acoustic guitar sure did do wonders..

Im pretty damn tired, been awake for too long and I have important stuff tomorrow so I cannot take any risks and had to leave by the time my friend got to level 6(which took quite long to achieve tbh). One complain that I have is, the skill system. I dont mind the idea that you have 2 skills in use untill you reach level 6 BUT I do find it a bother that once you have set certain skills to be used, you cannot change them, unless you are near that obelisk, or whatever it was. I mean, what if you are in middle of fighting hordes of monsters, you level up but, there is still screen full of monsters attacking you, you quickly open up the skill menu and try to take the skill you want but, accidentaly misclick, boom, wrong skill and you are just going to have to deal with it. D:

*edit*

by the way, it seems that you only put 1 skillpoint to skills, or rather, you dont really have skill points in this game, like you had in diablo 2. You get certain skills on certain levels and you cannot level up thouse skills more than that 1 "point"? All skills gets their dmg from your weapon?

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject:  

correct, the nephtlam altar or w/e obeslisk is. imo a bit of a crap system as you are leveling to about 10... but it is fine once you have 4 buttons set in Beta.

I think Blizz is trying to borrow from GW, limited choice building, but also allowing you the feel of "respecing" in camp
presumably you won't have to worry about it, once you are lvl 30 you are "done". you will have the ability to refine your play style from there on. while still being able to experiment with "respeccing" your skills at will in camp

Frankly the skill trees got old for me. it was just a longer version of filling out the check boxes. There's no reason to offer 60 skills , it all leads to cookie cutters anyway (since it would be impossible to balance all builds (this is happening in WoW come MoP too))

.. instead why bother having skills that soak 3 points at all. just give classes 20-25 each and make em 1 point. functionally it accomplishes the same thing, just like taking the horadric cube and its recipes off the internet, and sticking em on a guy who stays in town called a "blacksmith", it is just a visual change, but the same basic premise

so whats going to happen is you will have 5 abilities, from 30 choices, leading to about 30 builds of which maybe 10 are truly distinct, and then the runes for lateral supplementation, probably creating another 3-4 permutations of the same. pretty open ended from what i can see, and it will be months before some truly innovative styles show up, however they will rely on the gear as much as the tactics and i think this is another important part, monetization. if its less about 110 skill points being placed in a cookie cutter build + typical gear, If gear really is the ultimate issue, then the gear/AH becomes that much more valuable, thats = more profit for ATVI

also
we dont have access to runes yet, but they "rank" up just like gem quality
there is again more trading AH economy based power, less to do with leveling

I can tell you from a dev standpoint removing the tree means each ability can be tweaked without shocking the system, should metrics favor 1 over all others, a small patch and balance should be tune-able much quicker.
It is something I favor

As i said, in name alone is this "diablo" it really is a new game, I know when people are fanatical about a game, what we want is version 1.5, new graphics, and just more of the same with better balance and less bugs... but that's just not whats happening. It is the same slot machine loot game we know, the same lore, and fantasy, but in so many ways this is more different from 2 then 2 was from classic

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, thats a habbit of mine, i really want to compare all these 3 games... as if they all were the "same". need to stop thinking like that.. in general. >_<

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject:  

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4325959/Systems_Changes-1_19_2012#blog

Jay has posted about new systemic improvements. Although many I enjoy, I am surprised with two in particular.

the ID scroll change, simple, effective = perfection,
however this elegance is ruined with the salvage mechanic. I am confused why additional time padding (TPing) has been added? If this change came with a new supply inventory, such that the Blacksmith held the materials rather than a slot with a sophisticated history system for undo, than It is a bit understand. however I find no benefit in slowing the gameplay in this regard.

as for the cauldron, we (or at least I) never had it available in the Beta...

the other change I'm annoyed at currently is stats, Before, Attack/precision/Def had a universal demand, just like the efficient use of "mastery" in WoW.

Stats are now organized to benefit a certain class and this usually leads to stacking balances. The barb cookie cutter will buff Damage WITH Armor causing them to resist non casters greatly, While no other class would really find much use in going strength heavy except for armor(?) this leads to a concern that WoW experienced; tank classes having disproportionally insane mitigation against melee, while being vulnerable as all hell to casters.

the reverse of this was also true; when PvE content required +Resistance gear checks, a class of magic was simply overwhelmed when that gear was taken into PvP.

My concern is that the new stat system will lead to an overly sensitive balance susceptible to gross rock/paper/scissor pairings.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject:  

unlimited id scroll because, why not? its not like cain is gonna be there to ID anything for you anyways? :P

As for the rest of the stuff, I dont like where this is going.

Page 3 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: