LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Low Level Dueling in D3
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject:  Low Level Dueling in D3  

What level do you expect LLDing to occur at?

Level 27 is one of the rune level reqs... so that could work.

The gems not to seem to have a level req so that could ruin/help LLDing.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject:  

Well, to be honest, I dont think there are gonna be the same kind of brackets in D3 that we used to have in D2, people seem to preffer that certain kind of freedom.

Personaly, Id love to have lowest lever possible, this being 14 seeing how thats the lowest leve requiment for runes. Although, I have no idea what runes are going to do in this game, I remember hearing them enchanting certain skills or so?

Im not sure, If PK/bragging(aka killing high as possible leveled people in duel games) stuff is possible, these gems are going to be hilariously awesome, maybe too awesome..

As for gentlemen dueling, I dont know. :\
Its to be expected that majority will want them, They have no level req and will give high boost, so why not? Whatever helps me to kill other easier.

Its going to be ALOT harder to create rules for tournaments... as the LLD community is... a tad larger than what it used to be with D2, so Id say go with whatever you want, there will never be rules like D2 had.

Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

Perhaps, with the concept of having lvl 30 as the highest lvl of lld (first level that the last skill becomes available) it could also be applied to D3, we shall see.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject:  

waiting for my flight with blizzcon 2011 now over, here is some quick info
during diii QA Jay Wilson mentioned there is no dueling yet, though they want it to exist they are unclear on how to let it happen. currently there is No plans for the open hostile button feature, and they have decided it wasn't a good pvp system anyway.

the death matches had been playable but i did not get a chance to try it out, i am unclear on a minimum level if one existed. But since I saw crazy spells and FX i asume it was possibly premade lvl 60's? teams of 2 or 4 with 10 sec respawn time just dishing out most kills in 10mins. shoulde note this is beta, the ten min was just there i think for the long wait lines, so it's not clear if that will be the match goal or one of many types of goals

i was able to nab 2 mins with him as he was secretly leaving from behinf stage, got 3 questions in before his entourage put a stop to me taking up his time.

here is a synopsis of the information i got.

1: expect no [L] realms. that was more
of a band-aid for dupes/bot gear. and I agree

2: expect a 50% damage penalty in pvp as well as
No "resilience" like stat, however vitality, resistance and armor will likely be a priority when building/equiping

3: though he was not in charge of crafting, I suggested they leave harsh level restrictions out so that even a lvl 1 will have acess to a fair amount of crafting
<x fingers>

heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject:  

So, some (if not all?) of the blacksmithing / jeweling / mystic recipes have been revealed. Gonna have some fun checking them out.
Any idea if the level requiment of each properties have been revealed? I mean, Id like to know how much +mana I can get on level lets say, 10? And what is the minimum // maximum amount on that level? Any idea on this?

I kinda like how its gonna be rare centered, the gear that is. :)

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject:  

mods have net yet been disclosed to that level of detail, and there is no telling what level PvP will be enabled for to know what would be the optimal. at this point every mod is still subject to change, however they are not going to make the 1.06 mistake where serrated charms existed, then got pulled... they are doing plenty of play testing now

what i do know is I am now focused on finding +attack and +precision for the demon hunter

+attack = off weapon ed% (1 = 1%)
+precision = critical% and critical damage% (lvl dependent curves)

it is not enough to find a 3-20 slingshot with lighting, you also want it to have over +30 attack to add 30% overall ed%

I would say for PvP though we are going to focus on vitality and defense. the amount of mitigation you seem to be able to put on will be far more important. as the lead mentioned to; expect something like a 50% global damage penalty. That means, not much actually,

I already know that my lvl 13 is reaching 134dps with 600 life... or I could drop to 112 dps and have 800 life.. this is a big change in survival when you consider im at 38% mitigation and i haven't even thought/tried to stack defense (i'm guessing 75% will be the cap, but it is on a curve as well vs attackers lvl)

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject:  

realms wipe again,

seeing lvl 13's now in over 360 dps, stacking attack, as well as 4-12 damage amulet/rings which can only be obtained off king runs. this is done quickly now with a friend here is a video verbosely showing it, very simple concept, just take turns saving the wp on your main, while the other is carried lvl 1, swap, rinse repeat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2es7YWQP-4

got my first amulet today, only +4 damage but eh at least I got one to drop, they are astronomically rare (in beta) if you try to solo. without some type of locks, this will be the way you will gear up once the game comes out and save up crafting material. If they keep the 1st kill mechanic, (which they probably will)

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: