LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
D3 Beta Testing coming soon!
Page 1 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject:  D3 Beta Testing coming soon!  

If you want an invite make sure to update your computer specs on your battle.net account. They are supposed to be releasing some beta codes soon, so pay attention!

1,000th post on 12/12/07
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject:  

Good luck everyone!
Though, its not really about luck, its about who has been playing WoW for 5 years and who has not. :P

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject:  

tried it today at friends house, was a bit boring as single player, (did the hunter) it is also kinda short (limited beta) but I have not finished it.

The polish,look, feel, outstanding. Music was incredible too, something I always enjoyed about LoD

it needs a few more hours to get into it i think,, I never did get into the actual crafting and customization of spells/builds

certainly multi player is needed for me as well, i just can't get into single player games anymore.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
tried it today at friends house, was a bit boring as single player, (did the hunter) it is also kinda short (limited beta) but I have not finished it.

The polish,look, feel, outstanding. Music was incredible too, something I always enjoyed about LoD

it needs a few more hours to get into it i think,, I never did get into the actual crafting and customization of spells/builds

certainly multi player is needed for me as well, i just can't get into single player games anymore.

To be honest, d2/LoD never gave me these. :(
When it comes to music and feelings/mood its D1 for me.

Though, the polish is how Blizzard rolls, so it is to be expected. :)

Also, so the beta has already started? Shame I did not get into it. GZ to thouse who got into it.

By the way, how easy was it jerkazoid to play the beta? Gimme all the info you have. :3 I'll be expecting a 2 A4 pieces essays from you good sir!

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
how easy was it jerkazoid to play the beta?

as an analogy to d2 i played it for about as far as what you'd experience rescuing deckard cain..til about lvl 7, i think, that's it, I can't find myself into a game unless I know
1) it is mine
2) it is multi-player
neither of which was happening at that time, And until the loot has more meaning, it just wasn't holding interest for me

As for its difficulty, it seemed much easier then how I recall LoD up to at least that point. The "hardest" it got was these fat things that explode into 3 packs of worms that come at you. but as a hunter I have a grappling chain that snag two mobs and slow/halts them, then I could use another attack that makes you back leap if they get too close. if you'd like to know exactly how the game feels, it reminds me exactly of Torchlight from runic studios, in fact it is almost weird how much they "feel" similar, knowing full well the two companies overlap in past employees and (at least from runics standpoint) have a respect yet want to distinguish themselves attitude

there was no pvP available to even test, Not much to say, played it for maybe 2 hours at most, I'm kinda patient, waiting for Blizzcon and to. really have my own etc

my friends experience, who 4 played it (4 seems to be the game limit now) enjoyed the "class" play about it, as he was clearly a tank with shield wall and damage mitigation etc. But that doesn't mean the barb IS a tank only; he chose that roll due to his with his group (was guild buddies, he plays tank in WoW heroic end game content etc)
you have two main attacks (M1 M2) and then 1-5 keys.. and although you might have access to maybe 30 abilities , you can only have 7 bound at a time. You can change on the fly, so that makes me wonder if macro/3rd party stuff will allow someone to play more seamless with all abilities, but it looks like Blizz wants you to explore limited ability play styles, but not with a "specc" as we understand from wow or LoD, your specc is simply which abilities you like and how well you have probably crafted and upgraded them.

This means although I was a hunter, i could see myself changing from a defensive CC in a party, to all of a sudden 2 friends leave.. and I switch back to focus DPS. So i'm interested in how well this plays out, seems promising,

another friend tried Monk and he said compared (charge paladin essentially) was much more fun for him than the "sluggish" demon hunter

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject:  

Ah, torchlight, I see. The first one was indeed great and I'm eagerly waiting for the torchlight 2 to come out as well.

How many "sets of skills" can one have? Or was there even any kind of limit there? I'd wish that it wasnt just the ability play styles that blizzards wants their players to explore, with the automatic stats and so on they are kind of giving out mixed feelings on the whole rpg element of the game. >.<

Unless I have misunderstood something horribly wrong.

Was there any crafting in the beta yet? was it anything like it was in d2? :P

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

there is some crafting in the beta, i didn't even get a chance to do it, so I can't comment. my friend said it was fun, and he liked how you salvaged things for the material

it seemed like they expect you to play a bit like Guildwars.. that is, you have 7 or 8 buttons only, but your ability book contains maybe up to 35 to pick from once you unlock them all.

mm set attributes...

I don't view set attributes as much of a limitation. There wasn't much of a min/max element to setting them by hand as it seemed all quite formulaic with strength reqs, and the linear blocking equation. The idea of this, (i think), is to set a soft cap on attributes, defined by the treasure scaling. this way development can focus on end game curves mixed with gear, and not having to account for the wild variable of any 1 stat focused on.. at least that is exactly why I would do it.

It really depends on the overall system, and with regeneration supposedly "meaning" something, you can't let a user pump their spirit (i guess) or they can start to fall into asymptotic returns.

as an example if demon hunters/monks can't even have a shield, then it becomes even more formulaic where to put the stats.
With clearly defined stats this allows gear stats to have significantly more value than just "30% blocking" on a shield or "20% r/w" on boots. and also abilities in a team such as (perhaps) a barbs shout that can boost strength but a +X rather than +x%

here is a youtube account with a huge playlist the guy uploaded so you can see it being played for a long time

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nastydude1989#grid/user/A6BD897EFAEE7321

looks like 5 keys and 2 buttons, and about 24 abilities (3 tabs of Cool

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject:  

Thats another thing I'm not too keen on either, if I cant wield 2handed axe on my sorcerecess its definetly a minus for me as well.

Though I must say that it was a something I liked in D2 that I could try so many different kind of builds and setups and see how far I could get with it.

Guess I need to stop on being so grumpy about these things.

Oh well, not saying that its bad or anything, its just not into my liking SO FAR. As if there are too many things I can say as I have not played the damned game. :P

I never got myself to play guild wards, but it seemed interesting. I enjoyed watching my brother play it quite a lot.

brb, gotta check out thous youtube videos. :)

*edit*

oh, by the way, isnt d3 going to have online single player, or what was it called. The thing that you MUST be connected to internet to be able to play single player. I seriously laughed a bit when i saw the interview where the guy said something about 3rd programs making it too easy and ruining the gaming experience as the reason to why they are doing it.

*edit2*

sweet, there appears to be a skill calculator on the d3 official site, if nothing more, I get a chance to check out some of the skills :D

whatever it is, it shows skills and what they do at level 1 and how runes effect on them or something like that

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject:  

I finished the beta and got to level 10 with my first passive ability (life regen after 5 seconds of not being hit) Did a 2nd run to the boss, crafted a bit, and got a Templar hireling.

so here is a bigger review; The game first of all is not diabloII-like, at all, just in name.
So then what is the same? some big things though really, Mobs, Rare mobs, exploding and splattering tons of mobs, getting lost and exploring a map, doors you might want to stand back from, way points, crypts, shrines, body parts flying everywhere, things that catch on fire or explode, blood trails, + tons of FX and vessels to kick/shatter/and burn... tons actually of clickable activity, objects

the game has many hidden things you can't discern by looking at it, you just get use to seeing a coffin or tree stump that look like they might be the interactive type, or your mouse just so happens to roll across the "loose" stone on the ground. And practically any prop or protrusion from walls will shatter, fall, collide or simply explode with pre-baked physics glory. If you see ornamentation, like a stained glass window, or vault on a wall you can bet as soon as you are near it the thing glows, steams, shatters, bursts... comes to life; like some micro cut-scene , and zombies or skeletons scaling the walls or popping out, taking 2-6 seconds before you 1 shot them... after doing the beta once, this kinda stuff had less interest/loot for me and i was just rushing past them to get to the boss again. There is also a variety of stages to killing things, knocking out its shield, making the fat thing slow, explode and killing its babies, avoiding the explosion after it dies, or the torso half is still alive and runs after you. all very impressive(I just hope that system can continue to really expand)

I did die once, but all in all the beta is damn easy. I wandered into a room with the bats that can shock you that we know, but in D3 this one was golden and his minions seemed to be able to spawn purple ghost like hydra heads that plasma balled me in <2 seconds, but w/e you re-spawn in town and i lost some durability, but my corpse did not need to be "gathered", i still had all my fighting stuff.

and loot... perhaps too much loot? maybe? but LOOT omg LOOT everywhere!

Our entire loot system we knew (d2) consisted of holding Alt and listening/filtering out the junk to rush and grab the good stuff. it's gone now because if you see loot, it is for you and you pretty much (at least at first) want ALL of it. loot will be the best way to supply yourself materials for crafting so i can't see you passing up anything since it all gets rendered down and crafted which is our new "gamble". However like WoW professions, I just made the crafter level 2 and found a scroll so he learned to make some armored knuckles. So far everything he has access to is blue, so i'm going to assume later on maybe he can make rares, perhaps even set...but enough speculation.

The D3 economy is gold-based, being online requiring it, possibly to help foster the "dBay" (diablo-eBay e.g. AH). it will (try to be) as clean as possible without any exploits, and no SoJ economy requiring band-aids. (a hotfix here or there and we should be fine) but back to the point, anything with the crafter requires gold now and so there is this constant demand. As in d2, there is just this endless supply of barrels, bodies, pots, tables.. everything littering the walls and halls to be smashed and coins bounce out, you just run near it and the gold is sucked into you, or you can summon a lil pet that will gather it for you for a limited time (they come in handy when you want some speed added to your adventure)

there are the typical grey, white, blues and yellows I saw. Rares needed to be "identified" with a "?" over the object, anything below in quality did not, and things only take up about 2 slots now at most it seemed, while everything else is 1 and certain things can stack like potions (had 17 by the time i finished)

there are 3 permanent objects you gather on your person, they don't take up space though, a "soulstone" to teleport to town, a cauldron to turn things to gold instantly, and the cube to salvage objects (think dust + shards like enchanting in WoW). you shift click objects and "scrap" or "essence" starts building up
in order to craft you will need these salvaged components + some gold.
in order to level the crafter I had to find 5 pages (clicking on lecterns, knocking over books cases, tables.. etc)
once you have the mats, you just click the 5 pages to make it a book, and then pay the crafter. He takes the book + mats + gold and suddenly he is a journeyman and he can craft a journeymans bow;

30 scraps +3dust +300 gold.. and 4 seconds latter a 3-9 bow +10% attack speed +3Xp per kill with +1random
and my random was +4% magic find, ok cool now if i dont like it i could have turned it into gold or salvage. Obviously salvaging yields less materials than the object took to be created, so you are always in need of more material and gold. I did get a rare component drop as well, sometimes you will be finding materials but other times you will salvage a rare and get some "razor sharp tooth" or something like that.

the hireling worked the same as d2, he will rush into mobs, and if you run away he will kinda run out back to you. He has his own gear, but much more limited (2 rings weapon + shield) and i kinda think that was it.
Also when he died, he just re-spawned about 10 seconds latter, so no going back to town to Resurrection?? i kinda like that, instead it is just a passive cooldown, and back he came. rather than spending time+gold, this now lets you just continue fighting.

2hand axe wielding sorceress; well I was able to put a sword on my demon-hunter, and sure enough she just swings it around, but I sure as hell didnt try to fight with it Smile Maybe in the future +nSkills and charged items will exist and you will be a barb with +slvl 10 bola bomb, and that can be cool, but i'm not to sure about that, they certainly didn't do that in WoW, though there IS a ton of class homogenization. So <shrug>

I think the optimistic note here is Diablo 3 just isn't diablo 2 ; no spec/skill tree building and so in that regard there is no figuring-out the "best" use of skills points but there will be plenty to play with for min/maxing, and imo how you like to play

certainly there will ultimately be cookie-cutter approaches, vis-à-vis, the best combinations of gear+skill setup to maximize it. Be it PvP/PvE cookie cutters and if they overlap is anyone's guess but we are talking about a totally new system diablo-RPG so it's going to be hurdles;
a whole new world to learn

-zoid

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject:  

When you reached 10lvl, did you get chance to choose from different passive abilities or are there that one certain line up that will be activated automaticly when you reach the level 10?(And for the other levels as well naturaly)

Heh, my friend would laugh his ass off if I'd were to mention all thous clickity click things about diablo 3, he already found it silly and funny how much there was clicking with mouse when he tried to play it for a moment.

I guess this whole exploding and cool looking deaths seems a trend to blizzard, I remember there being all these "death videos" on starcraft 2 site and people were pretty excited about them.

Hidden things are indeed nice bonus, it atcually took me rather long time to find out the secret doors in diablo 2 in catacombs, it gave me great joy.

Its pretty safe to assume that when the actual game comes out, it will be harder than the demo, seriously I hope that this will happen. Making things too casual... Im not too happy about it. :\

Thats somewhat unexpected change, the "loot your dead body" thing, but I guess it makes sense with all the bugs that diablo 2 had at least, cant remember there being bugs in d1...

The loot... loot everywhere, it makes sense as you can tear them apart and make crafting stuff. Same thing about the when you see it, its yours looting system. Sure there was SOME charm in the "HAHA TOOK BER BEFORE YA NOSE TROLOLO" but yeah, overall its better, I like it.
Both of these I've come by earlier in Mythos and Hellgate:London

Im not sure what to think about the thing that you can create rares and stuff like that, I kinda liked how they had their own class in diablo 2.

about the items, grey = cracked sash? whites = well normal items without any handicaps and blues.. well blues :P

I liked the set items and how it seems that rares are the shit and not some silly runewords. :D

The new hireling system, yeah I guess it is for the best as everything seems to be gold-dependant so its not so bad that you dont constantly have to be ressurecting it and paying gold for it.

And I really hope that I will be able to put all items on my characters, just for the sake of science!

Also, thanks for the great review and other posts you have done, I appreciate it! :)

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject:  

it seems the clear system we all know,
grey = poor quality,
white = normal,
blue = has magic on it
yellow = rare 3+ mods
have not seen any other colors, i would imagine they use the same color as dII since this is dIII not WoW1.5.. so no purple epic im sure

I'm not sure how much "filtering" will start to happen as we progress, but for the most part the whole drop table is much less "junk" as we know it, no keys, no antidote potions, no gems as of now, no jewels, or charms to identify,,,and of course gold matters. so although I wonder how much clicking or ignoring will go on atm. As for now, I can't leave anything un-exploded, i have to find every spec of material so i can go home with maximum crafting. I'm fairly certain with MF% coming into play we will eventually be ignoring blues and heading right for yellow drops. Just from beta, I think I might want to see the drop rates become 1/4 of what they are now, and salvage creation x4 so we kill more and salvage a bit less... this can all be a hot fix, and perhaps just in the non beginner zones, this will happen naturally.

something I forget, did you ever play golden axe? the little blue guy you kick for potions? well they have an occasional treasure hunter than you can attack and he runs around spilling gold.. would be neat to see that develop.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter
three "locks" at the bottom of your skill lineup, your passives. at lvl 10 the first unlocked and clicking it brings a list of 13 passives I could use...only the first 2 are clickable at 10, and everything will be unlocked at 30

so certainly abilities have level restrictions as well as the passives, but this is a very new system , In d2 we got use to passives like combat mastery, pumping them with a "spec" and the synergy of 1.09
the new system seems to mesh all these together and I think will go 1 step further.

1) you have 7 skills on bind, not 20 abilities hot keyed
2) no more being locked into a spec, you got em all if you are the high enough level
3) synergies through ability interaction/passives on

now I'm sorta speculating on how crazy 3 can get, but It seems to me if you don't have a way to pump a specc, then you need to offer a way to use either two abilities actively to augment eachother, or turn on a passive in order to get flavor... see "cull of the weak" - Slowed mobs take extra damage or "ballistics"
active abilities like "Marked for death" are just like a debuff to increase your damage

this can all be taken to a next level, but i wont speculate too much, but things can get pretty crazy, which i think is why D3 feels "smaller" right now than dII (almost a step "back") we have 5 classes now, (not 7 due to this game not having an expansion (yet), only 4 per party, only 3 passives per players.

The system, a bit of GW+dii1.09+WoW in a slimmer package, and all in all, it also feels like a bit of an exploration for the devs, keeping things as simple as possible until they see what the players actually come up with. Obviously, i'm excited for the game, but also its expansion

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, Green for set items and IF there will ever be unique.. the usual golden would be nice.

The thing with Hellgate:london was that every 3rd mob dropped white items that one could wear/break or sell. At first it was all cool, but later on it got really and I mean it, it got REALLY annoying. :S
After the Europe server and North america server went down and koreans took over the business, they added items that could be bought with real money that would break apart all white items automaticly, was a nice idea.

OR just lower the drop rate which you mentioned about. :P

I have played Golden axe but that is way too far in my childhood for me to actually remember things from it. :(

"this can all be taken to a next level, but i wont speculate too much, but things can get pretty crazy, which i think is why D3 feels "smaller" right now than dII (almost a step "back") we have 5 classes now, (not 7 due to this game not having an expansion (yet), only 4 per party, only 3 passives per players."
Lets hope that Blizzard can make it so that it gets "bigger" :)

*edit*

Something Id like to add, related to me brining up the good old uniques:

IF they will, bring uniques, I would much rather have them be UNIQUE and not just BETTER STATS on average. I guess that might be hard to do as there are so many things that they must keep in their mind while doing so.

There could be indeed "charges" which we saw in diablo2 already, but they dont have to be skills from other classes, just some.. you know different kind of spells.. if they are on these unique items, and no they dont have to be awesome spells.. that 1-hit KO's everything.

Unusual stats, that can just affect on the looks of the weapon/armor on the screen while playing. (they did mention dye kits somewhere didnt they? or do i just remember wrong..)

Do you see what im trying to get at? That uniques would have stats that cant really be seen on blue/rares, clearly not all of them just 1 is enough to make it unique.

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
stats that cant really be seen on blue/rares

certainly an issue we have all seen. LoD affix table reserved many of the best stats "magic only" so you couldn't get 450% ed rares, they removed that and ironically rares became more "unique". However what did make certain golds "unique" was it had things you couldnt get on blues/rares such as +lightning bolt (Thunderstroke) but quite limited. Terminology aside ("melee" vs "range" debate) we don't know what could happen, there could be an affix table for blues and a limited list for rare objects only, set bonuses, sure; perhaps golds will have unique properties? We could expect occasional new content(level caps raised) increasing "ilvl", sets with different set bonuses as in WoW, but ultimately, who knows.

I have yet to see any misc damage mods such as Bleeds or Crushes, and currently critical hits start at +50% damage not +100% and lateral attributes are always flavor, imo, IIRC the whole Attack rating seems to be gone, abilities didn't seem to miss....and as we can see there are jewelers and mystic (going to assume mystic is enchanting) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/

personally, i'd like to see the FF7 materia system be incorporated into game more, there was something fun about adding a rune/gem/jewel and having it level as well. certainly when it allowed you to chain abilities, convert them to AoE's and lower their costs.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject:  

Heh, not sure how it well it would work in diablo, but at least I can say that I loved the materia system in FF7. :P

OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject:  

Super fun read, makes me wish I got entered in beta =(

Page 1 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: