LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:49 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
[30] Warcry Barb
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject:  [30] Warcry Barb
Subject description: Normal WC Barb as well as *Max Block WC* Barb

So another under rated build is the Warcry barb. While not as common as most other builds, its a very fun and quite effective build.

There will be five parts to this guide.

Gear
Charms
Skills
Stats
Strategy

Gear

For the lvl 30 warcry barb there are certain breakpoints you should hit.
86% fhr and 105% fcr.

There is also a second type of lvl 30 wc barb. Max block. This build, while sacrificing life and dmg, accomplishes max block while still hitting 105% fcr. I will give you the gear for each.

The 1st set of gear will be for the Normal Wc Barb

Helm: Preferably a Rare 2 warcries 3 warcry 3 bo helm with 2os + fhr + life. Although this is VERY rare, another great option is a Peasant Crown. Peasants skill + life + mana + f w/r are great for this char which needs high f w/r to catch up to other duelers. No matter what helm you use, socket it with 1-2 p skulls (depending on sockets).

Armor: Only one choice here. Vipermagi. You need the 30% fcr. The 35 res 13 mdr and 1 to all skills doesnt hurt either Smile (socket this with p skulls)

Weapon 1: Spirit sword. Your two spirit swords MUST add up to at least 65% fcr. Eth crystals look sick, but almost anything will work. Try to get high mana, as well as high mdr.

Weapon 2: Spirit sword. Same as above.

Weapon (Switch): 17 med Insight staff. Make sure its at least 16 med. This is essential to this build.

Gloves: Frostburns. The mana they add is critical, as warcry uses over ~20 mana each cast.

Belt: IMO string is a must. As you have no shield, the Dr it gives you is your only defense versus melee. Get a 15/15 string.

Boots: Sanders FTW. The f w/r is essential, and the 15 stats are great (although the dex doesn't help you much).

Rings: 2x SoJs. The + skills and mana are a must for this build. They increase your speed, resistance, life, mana, defense, damage, everything.

Amulet: MUST have 2 Warcrys and 10% fcr. + life + mana + resistances are all a big help.

Max Block WC Barb

If the gear option is not below, its because it remains the same.

Shield: (replaces weapon 2) Wall of the Eyeless. Its a Shield. It gives you 20% fcr. Good. Only problem is it has very low block... Eld it or 9dex jewel it.( jewel over eld. Both will help you save some stats.)

Gloves: Frostburns. If none of the other options are appealing to you, go with magefists instead of frosties. You lost mana, but keep a skill and your DR.

Belt: You can go with a 15/15 string here as well, or craft a 10% fcr belt.

Rings: 2x SoJs OR 1 SoJ and 1 fcr ring. If you want to keep your string on, switch out 1 soj for a nice Fcr ring with mana/life/stats. This will give you 105% fcr (the bp).

You only need to gain 10% more fcr. To sum it up, your options are
Magefists instead of frostburns.
Fcr ring instead of SoJ
Fcr belt instead of String

Gear to keep in Stash

this should be kept for both builds.

Deaths belt (cannon be frozen)
Infernostrides + 5str Lc (for extra fire res)

Charms

You shouldn't need any fhr charms due to the fact that each spirit gives you 55% fhr, and the bp is 86. Thats just overkill.

You might want to consider F w/r scs with mana (i believe you can get up to about 12 mana on a 3% f w/r sc.)

For the majority of your charms, you want life / mana scs. If those are 2 expensive, 15 lifers or high life/mana gcs work well too.

Skills

These skills are for both normal WC barb and Max block who are only norm rushed.

Combat Skills:
1 into Leap (Some people may not like this. Those people are dumb. This one point is essential to this build being effective)

Combat Masteries:
1 into Increase Stamina
1 into Increase Speed (you need all the f w/r you can get)
1 into Iron Skin
1 into Natural Res (these help you with the damage you take. Improved def and res = a good thing)

Warcries:

4 into Howl
1 into Taunt
13 into Battle Cry
1 into War Cry
1 into Shout
7 into Battle Orders (more life + mana + duration. For norm rushed build, you could go with 1 into BO and 10 into howl for more dmg.)
1 into Battle Command

Obviously for a glitch rushed WC barb pump the rest into Howl for more dmg.

Stats

Normal WC Barb

Strength: 55 (the +5 from sanders gives you 60, which you need for Frostburns. You could save some str and use eth frosties. I prefer to not be bothered with that though.

Dexterity: None

Vitality: The rest

Energy: None

Max block WC Barb

Strength: 55 (the +5 from sanders gives you 60, which you need for Frostburns. You could save some str and use eth frosties. I prefer to not be bothered with that though.

Dexterity: You will need 101 dex with an eld'ed Wall of the eyeless (102 dex if it rounds down if blocking is rounded down to the nearest number. If its up it will be 101 dex)

Vitality: The rest

Energy: None

Strategy

BE AWARE THAT WARCRY CAN BE BLOCKED

Vs melee, Cast battle cry on them. It lowers their damage and defense. Run a step or two, cast and get the locked. If they have enough fhr to avoid getting locked, run a few steps, cast, and repeat. This isnt as hard as you might think. You can also leap from time to time to knock them back.

When you need more mana, swap out your insight, and run and leap a lot. They shouldn't be able to hit you, and you should replenish life (from youe 2-3 p skulls and extra life rep from any gear that may have it) and mana.

Vs casters, You could throw on a resist item to make it easier. These duels can be very long, especially if they have max block. You need to dodge everything they cast at you. You can run (quite fast) and leap to avoid it. You need to get close to them, and cast. If your good/lucky you might be able to trap them in block/stun animation, and do a good bit of damage.

With Max block Wc barb, its basically the same thing, except you can relax a bit more around melees. Keep in mind you lose a lot of damage and life as well as mana without that spirit.

My norm rushed Wc barbs stats are as follows:
75 all res
1600 life (i have the equivalent of ~6 15 lifers of charms on this char)
892 mana (i still burn through it fairly quickly)
14 yard leap radius
230-251 Warcry damage (it actually isn't as bad as it sounds)
and ~1k def.

Once again let me know if there are any errors with this guide, or any different items you use/ think are superior.

Hope you like this one as well Razz

1,000th post on 12/12/07

Last edited by Mimes on Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

both your spirits need to TOTAL 65%FCR to hit the breakpoint....therefore they don't have to both be 35fcr.

Only put 1 in bo, put the rest into warcry synergies.

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject:  

my bad. i thought it looked funny, and i was wondering why i ended up with 110% fcr.

You need a 35% fcr spirit for the max block build.

I prefer to have more life + mana over a little more damage. Once again it comes to preference though Smile

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject:  

Make sure you add FudGe's change to your first post, Mimes. Looks good otherwise.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject:  

a 9 dex jewel usually saves more stats than an eld (for your eyeless)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Elites

6.33 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject:  

And, you can get a rare jewel with +9 dex, +5 str, with res. Saving you even more stats.

xxrebornxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject:  

and people said my poison nova idea was bad
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

psn java is a bad idea. WC barbs are so much fun and i did work back in the day. It didnt compete with top LLDs (on account of its a WC barb), but it wrecked pubs and was fun for team duels. I remember beating lvl 90 full tals sorcs with this barb.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: