LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
PvM zealer
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject:  PvM zealer
Subject description: items / skills

Heya all, previous ladder I made my self the usual summoner necro (99% of the ladders I have made summoner necro as my first char). Now I decided to make something different, something that I havent done in ages... A PvM zeal paladin. :D

Here is so far what I have and what I plan to get:

helm: Sigons helm (planning to get sock 2 visio helm)
amulet: mana leech / all res amulet ( planning to either use angelic amu or rare with ar/str/dex/life ect)
weapon: Small crescent Oath (thinking of getting grief eventualy, rare fools weapon seems to be way too hard to achieve)
armor: Guardian angel ( not really sure what else to use, treachery? or duress?)
Shield: Alma negra (planning to use this full time)
gloves: draculs (planning to use these fulltime)
belt: sigons (planning to use either SoE or Verdungo not sure which one)
boots: tearhuch (planning to get gores)

what you think about thouse items? Got some good ideas? please by all means do tell them to me. :)

As for skill setup:
sacrifice: 20
zeal: 20
holy shield: 20
fana: 20
rest points going atm to conviction (helps in baal runs lol)
Not sure if i should just abandon that convi and go for Blessed aim for the additional bonus ar%

im atm 87lvl.

*ps do you think I can trade ohm rune into Lo? (thinking of getting that grief now that i finaly found my first High rune of the ladder) :P

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject:  

What about an upgraded shaftstop for armor?
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
What about an upgraded shaftstop for armor?

Totaly had forgotten about that armor, yeah dosnt sound bad at all. Shoudnt even be that expensive either. :)

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject:  

PvM? Your going to want a lot of CB% and some leech. Duress is a good armor choice. As Defense and DR% isn't as important in PvM. If you can get it, Stormlash is probably your best bet for a weapon. Nice CB%, good damage, and ctc Static Field. High elemental damage weapons are also nice. But don't neglect your CB%.

Quote:
helm: Sigons helm (planning to get sock 2 visio helm)
amulet: mana leech / all res amulet ( planning to either use angelic amu or rare with ar/str/dex/life ect)
weapon: Small crescent Oath (thinking of getting grief eventualy, rare fools weapon seems to be way too hard to achieve)
armor: Guardian angel ( not really sure what else to use, treachery? or duress?)
Shield: Alma negra (planning to use this full time)
gloves: draculs (planning to use these fulltime)
belt: sigons (planning to use either SoE or Verdungo not sure which one)
boots: tearhuch (planning to get gores)

what you think about thouse items? Got some good ideas? please by all means do tell them to me. Smile

As for skill setup:
sacrifice: 20
zeal: 20
holy shield: 20
fana: 20
rest points going atm to conviction (helps in baal runs lol)
Not sure if i should just abandon that convi and go for Blessed aim for the additional bonus ar%

As for the rest:
Gear looks ok for the most part. Couple things I'd like to mention though.

For your helm, Visionary helms are nice, but not that necessary for PvM. Vamp Gaze, Crown of Thieves, and Stealskull (mid grade uniques) are all good choices.

For Jewelry, I'd definitely opt for atleast 1x Raven Frost for the CBF. Rest of the jewelry fills the need of whatever your missing (AR go for angelics, Stats/resists...go for rares).

For your weapon, as said above, load up on CB% and possibly some elemental damage. Stormlash Scourge, Death runeword, Famine runeword (my personal favorite) are all good choices.

For body armor, as said above, CB% is your friend. Duress is a very nice option here. Duriels Shell and Guardian Angel are both good choices as well.

Shield and gloves are great.

For belt, I'd go with String of Ears (upgraded if possible, but not necessary). The DR% is the same, but it also comes with some leech which will help more than the +vit. Not to mention its typically cheaper/easier to find.

For boots, Goblin toes are nice options until you can find Gores.

For skills, its really up to you. Conviction has its uses, personally I find it more useful than Blessed Aim for a PvM pally. Works even better when coupled with a high elemental damage weapon like B-Star or Famine runeword.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject:  

Ah totaly forgot to mention my current rings.
I amt using ravefrost and a rare ring:
86 ar
16str
15str
not the best but, works well for me atm. :P
Im gonna give a closer look to thouse runewords you mentioned, famine and death.

I like the idea of visio helm cos im in need of ar. I have atm ~9k ar.
Though, the dual life/mana leech seems tempting on gaze, i think im gonna give that one a try.

btw, does CB work with mana/life leech?

Ty for the input so far guys, appriciate it!

edit*

oh and ill prolly swap from GA to duress, i need the resists kinda. :P

edit**

also, death dosnt seem to have any IAS% where would ytou suggest me to get the ias% ? jewels?

edit***

dont feel like double posting.

But i happened to find vex rune, which means i basicly have runes for exile now, is the defiance of any help? :P

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject:  

For PvM, aside from a good weapon, the most important things for a zealot are life leech, resist, %DR, and defense in my opinion. As long as you have 10k AR you should be good.

My suggestions would be:
Helm: Guillaume's Face for 35% CB, 15% DS. Along with Gores this will cover you pretty nicely for CB. Vamp Gaze is good for leech and %DR, Crown of Thieves isn't bad for leech, Shako is decent for %DR and life/mana.
Amulet: I like Highlords for the DS and light resist. Angelics are good if you're low on AR. Other options would be Metalgrid or Mara's for resist.
Weapon: I still feel BotD zerk is the best for PvM. Good leech, good damage, speed, and no repair costs. Hard to beat.
Armor: Should have pretty high defense (700+), Duriel's is good if you're low on resist, Shaftstop is good if you want more %DR. Either can be upgraded for more defense. Fortitude is a good option for high defense, more damage, and some more resists.
Shield: Drop the Alma Negra and get a HoZ. Alma isn't even comparable to it because you lose resists, 40 stats, and +2 combat for a negligible gain in damage and AR.
Gloves: Dracul's are good
Belt: I also prefer SoE for leech, but if you have enough of that Verdungos are good for the life boost.
Boots: Gores for the CB/DS
Rings: At least 1 Ravenfrost. Other ring should either be another Ravenfrost, Angelics, or rare resist ring if you need resists.

AFAIK, CB does not count for leeching.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
For PvM, aside from a good weapon, the most important things for a zealot are life leech, resist, %DR, and defense in my opinion. As long as you have 10k AR you should be good.

My suggestions would be:
Helm: Guillaume's Face for 35% CB, 15% DS. Along with Gores this will cover you pretty nicely for CB. Vamp Gaze is good for leech and %DR, Crown of Thieves isn't bad for leech, Shako is decent for %DR and life/mana.
Amulet: I like Highlords for the DS and light resist. Angelics are good if you're low on AR. Other options would be Metalgrid or Mara's for resist.
Weapon: I still feel BotD zerk is the best for PvM. Good leech, good damage, speed, and no repair costs. Hard to beat.
Armor: Should have pretty high defense (700+), Duriel's is good if you're low on resist, Shaftstop is good if you want more %DR. Either can be upgraded for more defense. Fortitude is a good option for high defense, more damage, and some more resists.
Shield: Drop the Alma Negra and get a HoZ. Alma isn't even comparable to it because you lose resists, 40 stats, and +2 combat for a negligible gain in damage and AR.
Gloves: Dracul's are good
Belt: I also prefer SoE for leech, but if you have enough of that Verdungos are good for the life boost.
Boots: Gores for the CB/DS
Rings: At least 1 Ravenfrost. Other ring should either be another Ravenfrost, Angelics, or rare resist ring if you need resists.

AFAIK, CB does not count for leeching.

My current eq:
gaze/kirais
duress ap
angelic combo + 1 raven
botd eth ba
zaka
gores
SoE
draculs

Im hoping to get annihilus & torc so that i can say goodbye to kirais and switch to either use guillams or gaze (thikning of using guillaums most of the time). Im also thinking of getting dragon as my shield woudl this be good idea? i have found sarced rondace 41@/ 15%ed (189def) s3

*edit*
actualy i was picturing phoenix in my head, so nvm about the s3 shield then. So, is phoenix with the 350-400enhanted dmg any good? or does zaka >

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: