LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
[30] Druid Summoner
Page 3 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

clan_iraq wrote:
Addendum:

Due to the way staffmods work, the recommended ideal pelt is impossible; items can only spawn with 4 tiers of skills (lvl req 0 to 18 for example, or lvl req 12 to 30). They cannot spawn tier 2 skills with tier 6 skills. And higher Ilvl items cannot spawn tier 1/2 skills at all.

So the ideal pelt is really +2 summoning, +3 grizzly, +3 how, +3 spirit of barbs (with 2 sockets and life mods)

if i understood you, you're using the +3 grizzly to boost synergies for your dire wolves? that doesn't actually work, only hard points in the skill will work as synergies. you're better off with +3 wolf

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
saesa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject:  

DRUID SYNERGIES ARE CRUEL.
Last edited by saesa on Mon May 10, 2010 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
if i understood you, you're using the +3 grizzly to boost synergies for your dire wolves? that doesn't actually work, only hard points in the skill will work as synergies. you're better off with +3 wolf

Druid synergies on summoning skills work on the current level of the skill, and are NOT capped at 'hard points' like other synergies. They existed before 1.10 and always worked like this.

The above helm, besides not existing, would actually be worse than a plain +2 summoning +3 grizzly
Harpel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject:  

I love non-mainstream-builds and am fascinated by this one. I wanted to try it, but i have 2 questions:

1. I dont think this build stands a chance vs barbs, because howl can remove your wolves at once and every barb has it.

2. What about stunning with maul? both Shockwave and maul get blocked, so why not have 4fps-Maul to increase stun? Or do you need the better range? Weapons of the choice would be Shaeled naga or warscythe with range5.

Pls help me out here Smile
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:  

Against a barb, if hes whirlwinding you, you can use thorns + barbs and a grizzly- and recasting that isn't too tough. Plus whirlwind barbs take way too long to dig through someone with 3200 hp, especially when they can kill themselves in just 1-2 whirlwind thorns, and get torn apart by wolve focus if theyre 2 handed bvc

A 6 shael naga only hits 5 FPA on a werebear, not 4. The war scythe, or a grim scythe, are the only weapons that can hit 4 FPA. But its useless for normal dueling.

Maul might hit a little faster, but it can be interrupted more easily, has less range, can't be kited like shockwave. And once a shockwave wears off, you'd have to reapply it anyway. And using a war scythe would lower your damage and survivability so horrifically that its not anywhere near worth it. I keep one in my stash (6x shael war scythe) just for messing around, but I'll never use it in a real duel.
saesa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject:  

Its only pity @ this build u cant have spirit wolf and grizzly togehter on helmet. But damage is impressive.

bwt tbarbs can kill themselves in 1.09 but this definitely wont happen in 1.10+.
xxrebornxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject:  

dire wolves > spirit wolves
Page 3 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: