LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
lvl18 Jabber owns a lvl18 Zealer?
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
Dan The Man

18.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject:  lvl18 Jabber owns a lvl18 Zealer?
Subject description: A perfectly built Jabber can compete against a Zealer?

This has probably been asked b4 or has been known but I just want to here your experiences or insights on weather a lvl18 Jabber, an "elite" perfectly built Jabber can stand her ground against an "elite" Zealer.

Below is what gear I had in mind to defeat an "elite" lvl18 Zealer aka 20 max'd damage assed out gear Paladin. Feel free to voice your opinion of gear select "you" would prefer instead. Of course I know your skill placement is key in making it work against such a dominate lvl18 Zealer.

helm: either 45 max'd / 180 ar or 60 max'd damage Crown or 40 max'd, 100+ar, 40 life rare Circlet

armor: rare ethereal self-repair Ancient Armor with 24%fhr, 40 life, 2 str, 2 dex, 2 sockets plus your combination of jewels or 20 max'd Twitchtroe

shield: ethereal self-repair or non ethereal rare Tower Shield / Bone Shield with 17%fhr + deflecting mod, dtm, plus your choice of jewels.

amulet: Angelic Wings Amulet or godly +1 Passive & Magic Skills, 40 life, 5+ str, 5+ dex, dtm, etc. rare amulet.

rings: Angelic Halo Ring or godly 2+ max damage 140+ar, 20+ life, 5+ str, 5+ dex rare ring or if you wanna make it easy, Bitter Hold Ring.

boots: Cow King's Hooves Heavy Boots or godly rare boots or if you wanna make it easy, prepatch godly rare boots.

charms
:

setup #1 - 10 x 6 max damage/48ar/20 life grand charms, 10 x 15 life/12ar small charms

setup #2 - 5 x 6 max damage/48ar/20 life grand charms, 20 x 15 life/12ar small charms.

setup #3 - 5 x 6 max damage/48ar/20 life grand charms, 20 x 15 life/10 to defense small charms.

javelin: godly rare ethereal, replemishes quantity, 5% chance to cast level 1 amplify damage on striking, 20%ias, 100%+enhanced damage, 20 max damage, 140+ar War Javelin / Throwing Spearing.
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject:  

Because Jab is a Low ed% skill, you may benefit more from 1 piece w/ 20% ed jewels than 15max jewels. Either Shield/Helm/4socket armor.

1) Amazon's have no boost to defense skill-wise, So IMO going offensive > Twitch if you need the ias, 4socket armor w/ ed%/-req jewels. Twitch + 20ias javs + deaths gloves/belt gives you the 63% ias bp (5fpa). You could drop down to 5.5fpa (40ias) and use death's + 10+ ias javs and a nice damage plate.
2) With Innersight/Angelics/Penetrate, I Doubt you will have much of an AR problem. I think 20max would be more effective than 15/ar's.
3) As for shield, A simple Vulpine Bone of Deflecting will work.
4) Jewelry is good. I'd go atleast 1angelic ring/ammy. If you can find like a 100ar/5str/5dex/20mana ring (or something close) that would work nice
5) Cow kings are by far your best choice 20dex/30frw.
6) As for charms, I think its going to be a toss up between 1 and 2. Just personal preference if you'd rather more damage or more life.

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject:  

I'd like to believe that a jabber can go toe to toe with a zealer. When Knifer and I were more into it, and his zealer was stacked with 20s compared to my jabber with 15s, it was probably close to 60:40 in his favor.
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:  

It can compete but the gear level required for a decent jabber compared to a decent zealer is ridiculously in favor of the zealer.

And in my opinion the zealer is more likely to win due to rng when both are perfectly geared because of how hard he can hit.

That being said, my jabber was able to stand it's own against most zealers, and I was never as geared out as krajee.

Your ideal helm would be a rare circlet that has at least 30%ed and 2 sockets. You'd put 20%ed/whatever jewels in them. stats...min dmg... whatever. It beats a max'd crown in my opinion by a fair bit.

I had better results going with a 4socketed armor for more damage, rather than using twitch for the slight speed increase. Remember you only need 10%ias on your weapon for this.

Edit: I think I used a 3socketed tower shield too...don't remember why, you'll have to do some comparing in that case. Probably not worth the loss in health(due to points in dex) vs one extra socket.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:  

I, too, used a four socket armor. Ideally, I'd use a rare ammy and a rare circlet with +passive, but I never got around to finding those.
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, that would be EXTREMELY ideal.

Remember your main opponent(zealot) has a very low amount of armor, so you don't really need the huge ar from angelics. I'd only use rares if I had really really good ones though.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject:  

when dream and i were testing his jabber against my zealot, it seemed like making the zealot go too far into -defense actually seemed to decrease the jabber's chance to hit. the closer to 0 defense the better.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
saesa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject:  

When both perfect geared, jabber is winning 10:0 ofc.
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject:  

saesa wrote:
When both perfect geared, jabber is winning 10:0 ofc.

Define perfect geared. We might have a different vision on what would be 'perfect'.

Did you test this out on open Battle.net or something? I just want a little explanation.
saesa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject:  

Ye, i did test it on LLD pvp patch.

Perfect would mean just perfect rolled items. There is not much of them for jabber when it comes to "testing".

You just need alot of def and dmg and hope, that you lend your 20 hits before sacri pala hits u 3 times - which happens pretty often.

Level 20+ inner sight does it all.
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject:  

For some reason I get the feeling you're thinking of LVL 9 dueling.... It doesn't take 20 hits to kill a zealer as an amazon.
saesa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject:  

At clvl 9 you dont have slvl 20 inner sight, think about it.

I'm talking for amazon, not against. And it's just alot of hits, maybe not 20, but still alot..
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: