LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Auto-Designated Attributes?
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject:  

They talk that they want to improve customization then do stupid things like that...

Who cares if a paladin is using a 2 handed staff vs a 2 handed sword.

Give me the option.

Wizard can't use plate mail? That's why they have str req that are high... so if they want to, they can... they just need to sacrifice alot for it.

Since auto-allocate stats, I think they said they're getting rid of requirements (besides level) to items.

More and more like WoW...

Diablo players don't want WoW.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject:  

i disagree. it's not like stats added much customization to d2. add str for item, add dex for block, rest vita. whooo! now barbs will naturally have high strength and life as they level, wizard will have high mana and not as much str (will have to level more to wear the same armor as a lower level barb). just go with it and stop comparing it to wow. it's getting pretty annoying.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
i disagree. it's not like stats added much customization to d2. add str for item, add dex for block, rest vita. whooo! now barbs will naturally have high strength and life as they level, wizard will have high mana and not as much str (will have to level more to wear the same armor as a lower level barb). just go with it and stop comparing it to wow. it's getting pretty annoying.

They won't be able to wear the same armor... because of reqs.

The main reason people did that was because energy had no use in D2.

D3 energy gives damage to your spells... so you'd make a decision if you're a spellcaster if you want to have life over damage.

Also a hybrid would have to choose too.

It'd be much better if they let us choose how we want our characters to be built.

The more they talk about D3, the more apparent the similarities to WoW appear.

So far it sounds like a stripped down WoW (which is unfortunate but I'm still hopeful that it'll turn out to be a decent game).
Dan The Man

18.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

Blizzard Quote:
Let me take this opportunity to clear up one thing, potentially unrelated to whatever the OP said.

There is a continuing idea that we have either said or stand behind the notion that auto-stats are either partially or in-whole being implemented because it makes the game easier to balance. That is completely false.

If manual stat placement was or should become the best system for the game then we would balance for it - bottom line. But the fact is, it isn’t the best system. The game needs to be fun, it needs to be awesome. We’re not going to cut corners or try to make it easier on ourselves by choosing systems that are less work. In fact I’d say the exact opposite is true. Some of things these guys do requires an insane amount of work, but it makes the game better, and that’s why it’s done.

Manual stats ultimately provide no better or more interesting customization options than other systems, and in fact by removing it we’re then able to implement systems which are better and more interesting ways of character customization.

There’s a last thread of “well why can’t we have everything?” that auto-stat opponents hold to, and the simple answer there is that having a bunch of different systems all just sort of tossed in onto each other is not a clean or fun solution. We want a lot of customization, we’ll have a lot of customization, clicking a button to allocate stat points in no way needs to be involved to make that true.

Let me just say, I do not likey! I would have to say give "me" a choice (option) of having my stat points auto-allocated or personally allocated, thank you for reading, bye!
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:  

static attributes is the least of my concerns, its just one of the only tidbits of info the public can focus on.

Wow is class based MMO, diablo is single player; i cant really compare them much bc of these roots.

the stats are big roots in many aspects to dmg and healing and it becomes too delicate a system to give the user an ability to dump 300% more power into (x). So my defense for blizzards static stats system is this will focuse on the +stats you gain with items/skills/buffs.

COuld blizz have left in a hint of user distribution on stats?, sure
maybe a hint but it would have been weak compared and therefore a false impression of control..... thats just unnecessary imo, and a weak system does not need to take up months of code/QA/design time imo

i do like the system from what i saw over 1 year ago.

Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: