LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Throwbarb glitchs
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject:  Throwbarb glitchs  

since a lot of people aren't aware, I thought I'd post these:

Throwing damage does a hell of a lot less than is displayed for throwbarbs. The game incorrectly displays your Double Throw & regular Throw damages. For double throw, it multiplies your entire overall damage (your real damage) by your throwing mastery a second time. The game doesn't do this, just your display. So if you got +100% damage from throw mastery, you actually do half your displayed damage. So divide your displayed damage by your %from double throw (+150% = 2.5) to find your real damage

Regular throw is interesting because it actually deals MORE damage; it is displayed the same way (incorrectly), but in reality, it actually gets DOUBLE the bonus of throwing mastery; if you had +100%, instead you get +200%. So a throw/shield combo isn't actually a terrible idea

The +% ar on double throw is glitched. Most people know this, but some don't; No projectile skill in D2 actually adds its attack rating bonus. So things like zon arrow skills, plague java, double throw, do not actually add any attack rating. And since DThrow adds nothing but AR, points in it are completely wasted.

And finally, if you strength glitch your weapons they will be invisible when thrown to other opponents. Hope you at least already knew that.
Jozy

BNet Acct/Realm: Joz
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Throwbarb glitchs  

clan_iraq wrote:
since a lot of people aren't aware, I thought I'd post these:

Throwing damage does a hell of a lot less than is displayed for throwbarbs. The game incorrectly displays your Double Throw & regular Throw damages. For double throw, it multiplies your entire overall damage (your real damage) by your throwing mastery a second time. The game doesn't do this, just your display. So if you got +100% damage from throw mastery, you actually do half your displayed damage. So divide your displayed damage by your %from double throw (+150% = 2.5) to find your real damage

Regular throw is interesting because it actually deals MORE damage; it is displayed the same way (incorrectly), but in reality, it actually gets DOUBLE the bonus of throwing mastery; if you had +100%, instead you get +200%. So a throw/shield combo isn't actually a terrible idea

The +% ar on double throw is glitched. Most people know this, but some don't; No projectile skill in D2 actually adds its attack rating bonus. So things like zon arrow skills, plague java, double throw, do not actually add any attack rating. And since DThrow adds nothing but AR, points in it are completely wasted.

And finally, if you strength glitch your weapons they will be invisible when thrown to other opponents. Hope you at least already knew that.

It shames me to admit it...but I dind't know anything but that last line >_<
Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject:  

or dex glitch
mastercraft

BNet Acct/Realm: MLD/USWest
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject:  

is this all tested and proven true?
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject:  

mastercraft wrote:

yes
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

Nice info, ill add it to the sticky if you want

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

clan_iraq wrote:
mastercraft wrote:

yes

who? where? how?

Quote:
So divide your displayed damage by your %from double throw (+150% = 2.5) to find your real damage

you mean throw mastery?

Quote:
Regular throw is interesting because it actually deals MORE damage

What do you mean?
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:

who? where? how?

Amazon basin, using single player editors & modded monstats.txt files

meitou wrote:

you mean throw mastery?

yes

meitou wrote:

What do you mean?

regular throw gets double the +% from throw mastery, whereas double throw gets regular +%, and +8% per synergy. But look at it this way; you only get 20, 29, or 41 skill points in LLD (9/18/30).
At level 9, you'd not even be able to use D-Throw. But you'd have +58% on mastery, which comes out to be +116% damage. Not shabby at all.
At level 18, throw mastery and double throw add the same +% damage! (106 & 104%) So you'd do the same damage with regular throw as double throw, except you'd have max block (and throw slower).
At level 30, however, you're more strapped for skills since you want 7 points into BO. You can't max both mastery & double swing; you end up with +210% damage with a double throw build, since you can only go 9 points into dswing
However, a level 30 thrower could go single handed with +276% damage, and level 14+ leap! Since you save those 11 skill points.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject:  

I knew the throw damage is display-bugged and they do much lower than it's listed, but I didn't know that normal throw get 2x damage bonus from throw mastery.

Interesting but had anyone actually done any test on bnet?
Hong10

BNet Acct/Realm: *QuatroFun *HeLOL / East SC NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject:  

clan_iraq wrote:
meitou wrote:

who? where? how?

Amazon basin, using single player editors & modded monstats.txt files

clan_iraq wrote:
Unlike whatever the lying amazon basin guys say, the +damage listed on the skill benefits from offweapon and skill +%ed, and therefore it makes up a HUGE chunk of your damage in some builds (like level 30 bladesins). So a blade fury with +50 damage listed, with +300% offweapon ed, and a 200 damage normal attack, would only get 150 damage from normal attack and 200 damage from the skill.

The +skill damage benefits from your CLAW MASTERY, if you have a claw equipped. It benefits from your +stats damage modifier, based on what weapon you have equipped; with a claw, it gets the sexy 75/75 str/dex mods.

I'm sorry I'm quite confused, but are you saying we have to trust amazon basin's tests on this but not on bladefury?

clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:  

Well I've tested both of them extensively to prove it, but I didn't write down my results like they did. And yes, they are correct about the throwbarb glitches, but incorrect about blade fury. Guess thats a little funky when you think about it, but for the most part they tend to be right

but if you care, you can test it in single player with an editor easy enough. Use throw mastery and a constant damage throwing axe and you'll see your damage not being nearly as high as advertised (edit the monster datas to be exact). The +damage on blade fury/sentinel is EASILY testable, however, since all you need to do is try first a say 2000 damage level 1 blade fury from just your weapon damage, and then try maxing the darned skill. You'll notice the damage difference. I tested that one very heavily with all sorts of different stuff
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: