LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Paypal/eBay fraud waiting to happen?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject:  Paypal/eBay fraud waiting to happen?
Subject description: if its a scam, I'm gonna erage!

I'm I just paranoid or is this a fraud waiting to happen? Because I am no fool and I'm not going to waste time bullshitting.

He said he needs me to ship it out to his address so the payment will go through. This was emailed to me saying the payment went through to my paypal. Funny thing is it hasn't shown up on my "recent activities list". Atleast it should show its "pending" but nothing at all. I ain't doing it, I'm just going to relist my item and move on, what do you guys think?

Another thing is that his eBay account has been canceled just recently.

Dear "my name",

You have got a cash from David Broscius for an eBay item through PayPalŪ..

David Broscius is a Verified PayPal Member.
Payment Details
Seller's User ID: "my name"
Seller Email: "my email"
Amount: $65.00 USD
Shipping & Handling: $100.00 USD
Insurance: $0.00 USD
Total Amount: $165.00 USD
Pay With PayPal
PayPal makes it easy to send "my name" Money

VisaMasterCardDiscoverAmerican ExpresseCheck
Important Notice: A payment has been made into your PayPal account by David Broscius for an eBay item #xxxxxxxxxxx.This fund has been deducted from (JolianaPerez@yahoo.com) and credited into your paypal account ("my email") as soon as you provide us the postage proof (Shipment Tracking Number) for verification at our customer care at(paypalcustomeraid@ mail2usa.com) You are to ship the item out and contact us with the shipping information within 48 hrs. This method of payment is introduced in order to reduced fraudulent activities online and to protect the right of the buyer and seller.
We at PayPal do not compromise our policy"in any means,your money will only be reflecting into your PayPal account as soon as you get back to us with the postage proof of this item
Item Information

eBay User ID: Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.
Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.
eBay Item Headline: Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.

GREAT CONDITION, 2 controllers, 2 memory cards, 2 games
Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.
eBay Item Quantity: Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet. 1
eBay Item
Numbers:
Shipping Information Address: Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.

Usman Saadu
15 Ikokoro Street off Niger Road,
Ilorin
Kwara State
Nigeria.
Address Status: Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet. Confirmed Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.
Note From the buyer: payment has been made by pay pal and i want this item to be shipped via Express Mail (USPS) today.

PLEASE NOTE
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number has been sent to us,
You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPalŪ informing you that the Money has been credited to your PayPalŪ account.
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPalŪ Team
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD
NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect
yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g.
Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time
you log in to your account.

PayPalŪ Email ID

Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject:  

The general rule is: If it's from Nigeria, it's a scam. The normal "Nigerian Scams" were recently restricted to larger items such as vehicles, but people are becoming wise to those so they are moving on to other things.

I know a guy from Zimbabwe and they despise Nigerians for this very reason. go figure.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject:  

It's a scam.

You have got a cash from David Broscius for an eBay item through PayPalŪ..

PayPal doesn't have bad grammar.
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject:  

Eh, Nigerian scams. And yes, I did notice grammar and punctuation errors that were odd. Misspelled words and all, if anything I'll have to read up on eBay's buyer/seller beware faq. Thanks for your thoughts!
Dan The Man

18.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject:  

Hah, what a loser. He should burn in hell for that shit. Shocked

But yeah this should be reported to the eBay team but I'm assuming this kind of thing happens every now and then. They'll probably give you some info. on how to handle this kind of situation if they haven't already, considering you said he recently canceled his account with eBay. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: