LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Reg's Level 30 Lightning Sorceress
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject:  Reg's Level 30 Lightning Sorceress
Subject description: Energy shield

Lvl 30 Lightning Sorc Guide - By Reg

Intro:

This is a guide for my lvl 30 energy shield lightning sorc. There are a few options for slightly different builds, and everyone has different opinions,
but this is the build I decided on.

First, the skills:

My skills are based on a grush, but if you want to stay in normal, that's up to you, and it shouldn't be too hard to make adjustments, but the build
won't be nearly as good without a grush.

First, put a point into lightning mastery and warmth. Some people don't use warmth, but I like having a point there. Teleport is optional, but for 1
point and 1 point in a prerequisite, I think it is worth it, especially if you want to try to duel higher levels.

Next, max lightning, which is 19 points worth.

Next there are options on whether or not to use thunderstorm, and if so, how much. I decided to put one point into thunderstorm, which includes 3 points in prerequisites. The average damage of the combined TS dmg with one point added to lightning damage is higher than the average damage of lightning if you didn't use thunderstorm. Of course thunderstorm does not fire as quickly, but it targets automatically and helps disrupt the other player.

Now, with the rest of your skill points, either add more to thunderstorm, or put them all into charged bolt, it's up to you. Like I said, I decided on
only one point into thunderstorm.

No points into any armor or energy shield, we can get those later from our weapon switch.

Gear:

There are some options again here, but not too many. First I'll list the breakpoints:

FCR breakpoints for lightning, 12 frame takes 78% FCR, and 13 frame requires 117%
I would suggest hitting at least the 78%. I go for the 117% personally.
Remember, the lightning FCR breakpoints are different from the other sorc skills

For FHR, you have 20%, 30%, 42%, 60%, and 86%, which are frames 11 down to 7. I went for the 86% breakpoint. A good suggestion would be to at the least, carry some extra fhr charms in your stash to use if you are dueling a trap assassin or any other character that seems to be locking you up.

Now that I mentioned that, onto the actual gear.

First, and most important in terms of building, is your weapon.

Most people use a spirit, which is definitely a good choice. I use a rare orb, however, I've never seen another like it. +2 lightning skills, +3
lightning, +2 mastery, 20% FCR with some mana. Pretty sick for lvl 30, but very expensive, and not reasonable to be the main choice, so go with a spirit sword. The FCR and FHR will give you a lot more options down the line. If you do use a rare, socket it with a stat/resist jewel. Best jewel you can get would be a +6 strength, +9 dex, 10 resist all with 30+% single resist.

For shield, it is up to you, but I would go with a visceratuant socketed with a dex/resist jewel. Your other option would be a rhyme runeword, but I would stick with visceratuant.

For your armor, there is no choice other than vipermagi. 35 resist all and 30% FCR is enough, but you even get a skill point. I would throw in a perfect skull in here.

For boots, I like cow kings. 20 dex is more than you get from sanders, and you still get some FRW.

I am going to discuss your weapon switch next, because after that, you have options with the rest of the gear.

Most people use an insight, and I don't see any reason not to. I use a battle staff with a base +3 energy shield and +3 chilling armor. Feel free to use a different type of armor, but definitely use one. Do not get a staff with thunderstorm, because it will NOT work. If you cast thunderstorm without a hard point in it, and switch weapons, it will not attack. If you don't want to use energy shield, you don't have to. It is hard if you can't get life/mana charms.

Now you have options with the rest depending on what you want to do for the FCR and FHR breakpoints. I will start with my personal gear, and give other options as well.

Since my sorc orb only has 20% FCR vs. a spirit, I need more FCR in other places than most, and a lot more compared to anyone who only wants to hit the 78% breakpoint.

I start off with a +2 lightning / 10% FCR ammy. The 2 best other mods here are life and mana, followed by resist and strength or dexterity. Again, you may not need the fcr depending on the rest of your gear.

For your helm, a circlet is the best choice. +2 lighting / 20% FCR is ideal, with life, mana, or resist. An alternative would be peasant crown, but not nearly as good.

For my belt, I use a crafted 9% FCR belt with 24% FHR. The +mana and regen% on all crafted belts is also helpful. You can even get a couple points in strength and I believe life on here. If you don't need the FCR, go with a rare with FHR, strength, and 50+ life, and maybe even resist.

For gloves, magefists are what I use for the 20% FCR and 25% regen, but if you don't need the FCR, frosties are a good choice.

For rings, I use 1 soj and 1 FCR with mana, life, and resist. Once again, if you don't need the FCR, use 2x sojs.

For charms, life/mana small charms are best. 15 life/12 mana are max, but are expensive. You can also use 5%FHR/12 mana if you need FHR.

Stats:

For stats, get just enough strength for your gear. For me that was 45 strength for magefists. I would HIGHLY suggest max block, which is 90 total dex.
Depending on whether you are going to use energy shield or not, it is up to you how you split up vitality and energy. If you are NOT using energy

shield, put the rest of your points into vitality, unless you feel you are really going to be low on mana. If you do use energy shield, You probably want to put everything into energy, which is what I did. You might want to consider adding a bit into vitality though. For those long duels, once you life and mana go down, your mana will climb back up much faster, and if you seem to be dying with a lot of mana still left, it would be smart to rebuild with some points in vitality.

My final stats look like:
Strength - 45
Dexterity - 90
Vitality - 10
Energy - 161(including items)

My lvl 31 lightning does 2-3780 damage
My lvl 10 thunderstorm does 256-535

I have lvl 9 energy shield on switch
Max block
86% FHR
119% FCR
529 defense without chilling armor, 872 with lvl 5 chilling

639 life
1253 mana

Here is a screenshot of most of my info, pretty much the same as what I am currently using, aside from a few charms I think
http://www.dirtymorrison.com/usa/d2/mysorc.jpg

Last edited by reg123 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject:  

This is my first guide i've written, let me know if there are any typos, and suggestions/additions/revisions would be great.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Reg's Level 30 Lightning Sorceress
Subject description: Energy shield

reg123 wrote:
Next, max lightning, which I believe is 18 points worth.

It's 19.

Quote:
Now, with the rest of your skill points, either add more to thunderstorm, or put them all into charged bolt, it's up to you.

No way. You max Lightning, then you put the rest into a Lightning synergy. Adding more to TS isn't even a reasonable option. 1 into Light Mastery and Warmth are good choices, tho'.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

I've heard from people that put more than 1 point into TS, including waramp

and edited the 19 point part
Kilo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject:  

reg123 wrote:

Could you tell me my damage if I used:

Pcrown
Spirit
Visc
+2Ammy
2x Soj
Magi

Please? [Hell rushed/NON ES]
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject:  

reg123 wrote:

if you are putting just one point in ts, just use a +3 orb and save yourself 2 wasted skill points

dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject:  

Kilo wrote:

Could you tell me my damage if I used:

Pcrown
Spirit
Visc
+2Ammy
2x Soj
Magi

Please? [Hell rushed/NON ES]

http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/skills/calc/index.php?char=sor&lang=en
Zebb

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada, Eh?
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject:  

Knifer wrote:
reg123 wrote:

if you are putting just one point in ts, just use a +3 orb and save yourself 2 wasted skill points

Not an option,
IIRC... When TS is cast from an item giving +X the skill, then removed... the animation of TS will stay at your feet but never activate.
Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject:  

You are correct Zebb. (although you are replying to a 1-year old post. Wink )
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: