LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
New jab breaks
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:  New jab breaks
Subject description: tested

i want to make a 30jabber and i was using this
http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english
but i was suscpicious that although the ias breaks might be accurate, the frame # is not bc in 1.10 jab became a 3 hit attack, not 2 hits..

so i DL fraps and did a some testing
i have an SWF animation from fraps videos where i explored breaks with a -10wsm jav

0 upto 90 ias

the breaks are as follows

with -10wsm
noias 23 frames 7.66
10ias 21 frames 7
20ias 19 frames 6.33
30ias 18 frames 6
40ias 17 frames 5.66
50ias 16 frames 5.33
60ias 16 frames 5.33
70ias 15 frames 5
80ias 15 frames 5
90ias 14 frames 4.66

i am debating 50/70/90 ias breaks and what is the dps and unterruptible advantages etc... 90ias was not even listed on the calc as a break so im glad i did that test.

i also have the exact frames for when the hit occurs for the 70ias (i think im going for 70 on my build, but maybe 50 is better for 3 jewel armor) in the 15 frames its 3,8,13
this was tested by striking a monster with 100% deadly and seeing when the spark appears

this means in the 15 frame action its always the 3rd frame of each 5 frame jab. pretty easy to see in this image i made

[edit; updated image link]

with the final frame the idle pose. this idle must play inbetween each actions, so even though it looks like only 14 frames are used for the 3hits there is frame 15 inbetween multiple jabs sequences.

i am 100% positive that frame 1,2 and 15 leave you open for Dodge/avoid/block/recovery
and im certain at frames 1 and 2 you are able to be interrupted... only at frame 3 (after the "hit" is done) will the game refuse to stop the motion until it ends; hence uniterruptible

can anyone host the swf? its about 990kb (google sites doesnt accept swf so i cant put it there)

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Interesting. I have always felt that 40ias jab is faster than 30ias with a -10wsm java.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject:  

Zharous might be willing to host that swf
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

its prob not neccesarym it just shows each attack as i add ias, and then u can play it frame by frame.

the deadly test to see the hit is not included and i only did it on the 70ias version... so thats no help

to clarify the 70ias is therefore better(imo) expressed as 3/5/5 +2

with the first hit is on 3 and it turns uniterruptible
5 frames latter another hit
another 5 the last hit
then 1 more frame to end the motion
1 frame idle pose.
total is 15 or 5 frames per attack.

ALL attacks have uniterruptible qualities , and all uniterruptible attacks have interruptible areas

the term here is used to tell the user that since its a multi hitting attack once 1 attack is done the rest MUST play. how its used on such things as Concentration i havent a clue, could be a special case. i hardly ever see conc barbs interrupted but since i playd a zon alot in 1.09 i saw it happen often, usually with dodge, though dodge has that power sadly, sometimes with block

something like a 9frame sac doesnt become uniterrutpible untill maybe frame 4, once that happens the paladin must swing through the other 5... but since its only a single 9 frame attack you are vulnerable to interruption (a diff motion) 4 out of 9 frames

a 15 frame jab is likely vulnerable 2/15 frames
a 6 frame zeal your vulnerable maybe 2/30

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

From experience I know these and only these are uninterruptible: Smite, Zeal, Concentrate.
rectty

BNet Acct/Realm: vfds rectty2 or anal-sepeage
62.81 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject:  

very nice jerkazoid.
im -10 wsm +30 ias so im uninteruptable as well then at lvl 9 ^^.
Dan The Man

18.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject:  

Soooo....what you're saying is a 10%ias War Javelin is actually faster err better than a 20%ias War Javelin with a accumulative amount of 70%ias?Very Happy
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject:  

i dont understand your question

dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
to clarify the 70ias is therefore better(imo) expressed as 3/5/5 +2

with the first hit is on 3 and it turns uniterruptible
5 frames latter another hit
another 5 the last hit
then 1 more frame to end the motion
1 frame idle pose.
total is 15 or 5 frames per attack.

Long, potentially confusing post warning. Skip to the last 2 lines/paragraphs if you don't want to read lots of technical crap.

In general, complete rollbacks (zeal, dragon talon, fury) are uninterruptible for the entirety of the duration - if a hit that would usually put you into hit recovery is made, the animation isn't played and the attack goes ahead as usual. Incomplete are interruptible, but if you meet the criteria for being put into what would usually be another animation (hit recovery/dodge), the full attack animation is still played, however no hit checks are made - you see all remaining attacks whiff (a la the infamous fend bug). Jab is an incomplete rollback attack.

Rollback attacks, for the short attacks, roll back after you've hit the action flag (the frame in which the AR and block checks happen, and the hit deals damage if they are passed), instead of playing the second half of the animation, where it returns back to the idle stance (a la the backswing). For example, an 8/4 zeal consists of four 3-frame animations, each followed by 1 frame of idle, and then a full animation, with backswing, and 1 frame of idle. So, an 8/4 zeal hits on 3/7/11/15/19 frames, and then has another 5 frames of animation. Depending on which part of the animation you count the idle as belonging to, you can represent it as 3/4/4/4/9 or 4/4/4/4/8 (or 3/4/4/4 + 5).

For simplicity (as a fend can look like 6/8/7/8/13 or something similarly annoying, and jab varies a lot depending on your anim. acceleration), imagine that the above zeal is interruptible. A hit (dealing >1/12 of your hp, or one that is dodged) on the 13th frame will cause your next two hits to whiff, and you'll spend 12 frames in your attack animation. However, should you be hit on the 23rd frame, none of your attacks will whiff, and you'll be able to act as normal on the 25th frame. In this case it's better that you're in the animation, as you spend 2 frames unable to act, rather than the ~5 that you would were you put into hit recovery.

The same applies to jab. If you're hit in the backswing of your final attack, it doesn't affect any of your own attacks. If you're hit before you make the first attack, then all 3 will whiff. There's no special vulnerability before your first hit (though it will have the greatest effect then), however you are essentially immune to being put into hit recovery between the action flag of your last hit, and the end of the animation.

For 'normal' attacks, you can be put into hit recovery at any stage. For example, a 9-frame sac has its action flag at frame 4. If you're hit on frame 3, the attack will be canceled doing no damage (wasting the 3 frames you've already gone through, as well as the ~6 frames you'll spend in recovery, hence you have lost 9 frames). By contrast, if you're hit on frame 5, the attack will already have dealt the damage, and while you'll go into hit recovery, you're spending 6 frames in the hit recovery animation rather than 4 frames in your backswing, and so only lose two frames (if you have really poor attack speed, and really good fhr, you can potentially gain frames from this, by spending 4 frames in fhr rather than 6 in your backswing or something).

If you meet the criteria for going into hit recovery using a skill like smite or concentrate, then it is ignored, and your attack animation continues as usual.

TLDR version: If you're hit after you've made all your attacks, then being put into fhr/dodge has a much lesser effect than if you're put into fhr/dodge BEFORE making said attacks.

EDIT: better ias calc: http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/speedcalc_titanseal/speedcalc_english.php
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

dainbramage wrote:
If you're hit before you make the first attack, then all 3 will whiff.
i do believe that also existed with zeal for a lil while too, either it was 1.09 or 1.08 ,then they made it complete rollback and zealots becomes super awesome.

drain how positive are you that (8/4)zeal is not shown as a 5/5/5/5/4+1idle or 5/5/5/4/4+1idle when u watch the swing motion frames in a sequence? i feel like checking that to make 100% sure unless you know the images for certain. is the last break a 24 frame attack or 25 in series?
[edit] just checked. 24 frames sequence with swing motions as this. 4/4/4/4/4 +4 with the rest of the slow "swing back" motion added at the end. its a VERY odd looking motion frame by frame bc rather then use evenly spaced motions of the swing to do each 4 frame attack, they just jump to frame 1, the motion Pops back as if the paladin is standing upright suddenly... as an animator i am displeased with how they implemented the graphics indeed, now i see what "rollback" is, very odd mechanic compared to jabs incomplete rollback

what is it about conc and smite that are special then? they are complete rollback normal attacks?

ok that calc
http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/speedcalc_titanseal/speedcalc_english.php

needs to be added to our stickies.. its way better then this one
http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

huh?
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:
that calc is indeed awesome
http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/speedcalc_titanseal/speedcalc_english.php
fixed

drain do they make that calc for non native skills as well?

im checking some zeal7 charges on an amazon (SP) war scepter
dodge will overwrite zeal. (dodge at 50% also is way less frequent then block, so blocking does come before dodge)

but i also set dodge to 0% , gave her -63dr and 915life , put on a -20% fbr shield, its crazy slow from the 1hand swing "feature"
this blocking overwrites the zeal as well Sad

also i gave her
100% deadly.
45k ar
ignore target def
-100%target def

put her vs 1 fallen in a1 hell she hits most 3-5 sparks each swing, (95% cth on the charscreen)

but put her in a group (testing atm with 6 of em all swinging away) and take off her shield she barely scores any hits at all maybe 1 out of 5. sometimes none. i also used cold to test the blue puff, 1) it overwrites the deadly"spark", but again only about 1/5 are giving off the blue puff.

shes whiffing allot from just being hit, shield or not, so if zeal was complete roll back i thought it was immune to that?

dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

'8/4' zeal is 3/4/4/4/4 + 5.

Yes, complete rollback happens on the action frame, and resets back to the idle. Very jerky, but it's not particularly noticeable until you slow it down.

Conc and smite have some flag which causes the fhr flag to be ignored. It's not the same mechanic as applies to rollback attacks.

IIRC, pallies, sins and barbs have complete rollbacks for zeal, whereas the other classes use incomplete (unsure off the top of my head about necros and vampires, thought it's pretty irrelevant). This explains why you're whiffing with the zon. All the gory details are here (which you should remember :p).

TitanSeal's calc has data for everything except vampire attack speeds, and still uses the old strafe data (I've PM'd him about strafe). Other than that, it's exhaustive; however note that it'll only allow zeal to show up if you're wielding a weapon that can support passion (and the same for other oskill attacks).
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject:  

dainbramage wrote:
'8/4' zeal is 3/4/4/4/4 + 5..

understood; but this is action flag "hit" notation, detailing hits on 3,7,11,15,19 +5

i make double note so motion people (like me) have clarification,
cant have /4 + 5 as final swing motion this means the idle pose has played twice
4/4/4/4/4 +4 as the attack motion
3/4/4/4/4 +5 as hit/routine info

they needed to post images in that post, really would help some people..but now that i can see what the rollback is doing in zeal vs jab, the tech part starts to make more sense. thats one hell of a hard read for someone who failed comp sci, i only knew what i did bc i know motion and cause i was studying when spells and things casted or hit

so there is char difference mechanics on non-class skills...so much for Dodge,crit 1hand lvl 21 zealazon,
maybe lvl 18 BoS sin with 7zeal warscepter..
anyone think lvl 18 full shout barb with 7zeal WS work? WS counts under mace mastery right? eh probably not enough dmg or def unless he goes 21
if necro does have CRB i was thinking a lvl 21 zealecro, amp + Barmor, (i can prob test that today)

dainbramage wrote:
really good fhr, you can potentially gain frames from this,
i want to test that empirically, its poor choice in mechanics to allow that imo, i want to see it ahppen

reflect chilling armor at range1 doing 1/12+1 pvp dmg reflected shot, normal attack assassin 5000%fhr, dec +HF for 25 frame speed. hmm wonder if bow normal or mindblast/PH casts qualify.
this will cause recovery every time and not only that have it cast pretty much 1-2 frame after the hit

if i can therefore start attacking again by frame 15 i have interrupted backswing rather then die at frame ~288 i would die at about frame 222. a 23% speed increase from interruption

unless that test was already done. ?

dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

I don't think it's ever been tested as to whether you can gain frames through hit recovery, though it's such a rare occurrence that I doubt there'd be a special check to see if FHR is actually speeding you up.

You're probably best off using impale on a zon with 600 fhr if you want to test it.
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: