LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
HLD Throw Barb
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Irferno

BNet Acct/Realm: irferno + irferno1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject:  HLD Throw Barb  

Ok, so I've been contemplating a viable Throw Barb ever since I began playing Diablo. Problem was that I couldn't afford it and I wasn't very familiar with Diablo. Nevertheless, I'm still poor once again however, I'm now a bit knowledgeable. I was never good with the small talk.. here he is. Intended for East Non-Lad due to ease of getting items... sort of.

Stats

Str: Enough for gear
Dex: " "
Vit: The Rest
Ene: None.

Gear

Helm: Arreats, Giant Skull, or Kira's
-Arreats: +Skills, Stats, Resists, +Ar% .. Great helm on any Barb
-Giant Skull: 2 reasons to use this over Arreats. 1) Knock Back and 2) the ability to place 2 40ed/15ias jewels in it. Which will alow you to pass the 100 ias BP. Which seems to be considerably faster.
-Kira's: Since this barb innately has bad Resistance Kira's should be able to curve that.

Armor: Fortitude, Enigma, or CoH
-Fortitude: 30 Res, and 300 enhanced damage is why this should be the primary armor.
-Enigma: Teleport is always useful and this guy can make use of it fairly well.
- CoH: again low resistance can be cured by this.. and without much penalty either

Belt: Verdungos or any 10 Ias belt
-Dungos: massive life and DR% = good
-10 ias belt is to help get pas that 100IAs Bp

Boots: Gore Riders
-Gores: Best choice by far

Rings: Frost Ravenx2
- Massive ar boost and CNBF

Ammy: Cats Eye
-Eye- FRW, Ias, Dex, Mara's can be used but not recommended

Gloves: Dracs, Soul Drain, Steel Rend, or Lava Gouts
-Dracs: Life Tap proc and +15 Str
- Steel Rend: 60ed
-Soul Drain: Weaken Proc
-Lava Gouts: Enchant Proc, 20 Ias
-Clegs Gloves: If you dont mind being BM and dont want to use Giant Skull.. this is definitely gloves that you might want to consider.. Knock Back + Slow. Incredibly helpful.

Weapon1: Eth Lacerator
Weapon2: Eth Lacerator
-Lacerator: 30 Ias, 33% chance to proc Amp Damage. this is one sexy weapon.

Switch: 2xBo sticks
----------------------------------------

Alright, I ran this guy through a hero editor and this is what I came up with... All with "perfect" gear.

Helm: Giant Skull + 40/15x2
Armor: Fortitude
Belt: Dungo's
Boots: Gore Riders
Gloves: Lava Gouts
Rings: Raven Frostx2
Ammy: Cats Eye
Weapon1:Eth Lacerator
Weapon2: Eth Lacerator
Switch: Bo Sticks

Charms=
P Anni
P Torch
9x Wc Gc's
rest was 20 lifers

with that I got...

~4.8k Health
~900-8k Double Throw
Knock Back
25% Cb
10% Ow
+15% Deadly Strike
110IAS= 4.5 Frame Attack
66% Chance to Proc Amp

Can't wait to try it in PvP. What makes this guy so great is that you can mix and match a lot of gear combinations which is always fun to do.

Skills

Max BO, Double Swing, Throw Mastery

the rest is up to you.

Anyways if you can please critique this.

mungloid

BNet Acct/Realm: mungloid--wscl
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject:  

armour could possibly be enigma
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:  

Coa for helm could be a viable option for Res,Dr, Fhr, Skill, and 2 sockets.

You could consider using Highlords for +1 skills, ias, and %DS. You can also considering using some good rares. Always a good idea to keep angelic ammy/ring too incase you have pitiful AR or need to hit high def chars.

For gloves I wouldn't use any that have a chance to proc curses, because you don't want a shitty Weaken curse when you can have Amp. Rends if you can deal with the Strg req, or maybe Bloodfists, or even a 20 ias dual stat glove.

Armor wise, I'm always an advocate of mobility over damage, but if you stick with engima, you'd have to rely on its +Strg for the rest of your gear, so other armor options wouldn't be possible.

A good idea would be to have two sets of throwing weapons, one set of dual lacerators, and once Amp procs, switch out with higher damage javs. Those Wraith Flight unique javs I think are the highest dmg you can get without finding some godly rares. If you can, keep several sets of javs, you tend to run out fast. Keep a shield, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a 1 point WW.

For charms I'd rather use all 20 lifers than warcry gcs. Work your way up to max/ar/lifers; ar/life; life/res charms. If you are NOT using enigma for mobility, you should devote some charm space to Frw scs.

A funny option if you can pull it off, is getting strg/dex glitched throwing weps, so you can blink when throwing javs. Getting maxed frenzy is always fun too. Charge up frenzy with your javs, then run around with 200 frw blinking while throwing shit ahaha.

Irferno

BNet Acct/Realm: irferno + irferno1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject:  

Enigma is definitely a great armor for this build. However, I would rather stash it first then switch to it if needed. Also I don't want to become to reliant on Enigma for the Strength bonus, though that to is very beneficial.

I completely forgot about CoA! That definitely looks better than GSkull aside that GSkull has Knock Back. Hrm, I think that this helm show be his primary option now.

I did try out High Lords but I really didn't care for the +1 or deadly strike; which he already had ~50% of. So that just left it with a IAS Bonus. That is why I chose Cats Eye... IAS, +Dex, + FRW.

Yea, I agree about the gloves. A second proc crappy curse just doesn't cut it. Turns out that I only need ~10 IAS from gloves to hit the 4.5 Frame Attack. And my FHR is pure crap. So I think that Blood Fists would be the optimal Choice. But if I decided that I want CoA i think I'll have to find some knock back gloves with 10+ IAS.

Yea I tried 20 lifers and they led me to about 6k Health. Not bad. I'll re-post the entire gear part of the build tomorrow.

AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject:  

Your going to want enigma. My friend actually had a very nice HLD thrower, im not exactly sure what he used but he was throw with ww on switch.

But yea, i know that your going to want enigma over fort. The mobility is worth alot more than the damage.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: