LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Diablos "Talent tree"?
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:  Diablos "Talent tree"?
Subject description: If what i read was right...

I was just flipping through the official diablo III forums and saw someone complaining about required amount of points to be put into a skill before you can learn another one.. Is that true?

If thats true than thats bullshit... I know in D2 you had to put atleast 1 into a certian skill to learn others but you didnt have to put more than that to learn other skills... It would really suck seeing as it would be alot harder to customize your own build.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

i played the demo about 7 times (sessions lasted anywhere from 15-25 mins)....did my best to pay attention to all those nuances,,
it did not need 5 points in the demo to unlock 2nd tier skills like "storm armor" or "wave of force" or disintegrate wich was a crowd favorite for some reason ,, cause pew pew lazer cannon rocks i guess.. but i though WoF was way better....(and i can explain this if u want)... and i missed the panel.. maybe the demo was different

you also have to realize how the new skills work.. its not a tree at all
its more like shelves, you reach shelf 2 (tier 2 aka level 5) and there are 1 to ?? skills/modifiers to put pnts in.. but non require another to unlock.

as is, its the same principal, the dynamic of limits.. each shelf has potential, but you cant have them all. Its the same fun as we know in dii.. just in a slightly different way.. trust me Goat, its fun. theres nothing wrong with the direction they are going imo

i played WoW enough to know whats up...D3 has MMO-WoW influence like crazy, elements in it that will remind players of WoW (and other MMo franchises)
but the game is still diablo in its mobs, action, loot and most other areas (not sure if i like the inventory mechanic though)

the way stats work is like 75% mmo-WoW,, this is CRITICAL to the new dynamics and increase in versatility, i can probably write a whole thread on why i like this so much and how they have changed it...
Skill system is like 1/3 WoW, 1/3 dii and 1/3 something new

and the game(demo) is fun as hell at the moment

im mostly scarred about the new Bnet.. and if they are going to limit games to 4 players... i hope not bc they need a way to cater to PVP so we dont have to duck in and out of small games with only 3 opponents.

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject:  

Other stuff from blizzcon ...

IGN wrote:
Her magic attacks ranged from lightning spells, freeze spells, some type of bubble shield, the ability to call down bolts from the sky, flame strikes, and more. She's going to be a veritable whirlwind of magical destruction, judging by the video.

Quote:
The wizard class is inspired by old-school pen and paper games, as she's able to manipulate high magic. That is, she's able to manipulate the forces of the universe – time, physics, and the basic elements of reality. Her first marquee skill is the magic missile, where it serves the same function as a firebolt. Simply click on a target and she'll hurl a projectile to nuke some baddies, which sets the tone for the rest of her skill set. Her next marquee skill is electrocute, which is reminiscent of chain lightning found in Diablo II. This particular power comes from the weather control tree, which is just one of the disciplines for the wizard, and they're hoping this new branch will feel epic to players.

Quote:
The final skill unveiled was the disintegrate ability, which is the real face melter of the game… literally! This is something influenced by classic pen and paper games that's rarely seen in videogames. When you cast disintegrate, you'll shoot out a beam of energy that decimates all comers. This blast will keep going as long as you hold down the mouse, and it'll also grow stronger the longer you cast it. When the attack is first executed, the beam will be weak, but as you heat up a target, it'll deal more damage until it's eventually decimating everything in it's path. Also coming with disintegrate is the ability to sweep the mouse, allowing you to rotate the attack in any direction you'd like.

Quote:
Another new element of the game comes in the rune system. These runes will be found as random drops and they can be applied to any ability found in any class. With runes, you'll be able to modify your skills however you see fit. Runes come in some simple flavors, such as allowing for a lower mana cost to skills, or the ability to deal more damage, but there are some other runes that are more difficult to find that will entirely change the gameplay to a skill.

Article here, trailer here.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

here is a link to a place with images
http://www.joystiq.com/photos/blizzcon-2008-diablo-iii-in-depth-hands-on/

you can see the system of skills and the stat as well as the resistances (5)

heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

waitm Jerkazoid, what demo are you talking about? there are playable demos out for d3 or what?

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
waitm Jerkazoid, what demo are you talking about? there are playable demos out for d3 or what?

http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/
event only.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject:  

oh damn :\

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:  

That UI looks beautiful, the stained glass is fantastic.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: