LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
The Definitive Level 18 Throwbarb Guide
Page 4 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
What's your actual throw damage?

If I'm using PPR's damage calculator correctly, my physical Double Throw damage using my strongest TSpears is 100 to 664, for an average damage of 382. I also get 20% chance to critical strike from Throwing Mastery. I'm still imbuing plain throwing spears in the hopes of improving - while eth would make a huge difference in my damage, I prefer to use non-eth javs so I don't have to wait between duels.

I'm also still using a plain 45 max Fanged Helm with +3 Throw Mastery - I'm saving my nicer jewels until I can find a Fanged Helm with +3 Throw Mastery and some additional skills for added appeal. Hopefully a 3/3/3 Throw Mast/Spear Mast/Leap helm.

I have 105 poison damage from seven 15/15 poisons. I'm hoping to upgrade some of the life/mana to poison charms because it's fun against pubs - and there are a couple ranged builds that don't use Death's Gloves. I think 50 mana should be enough for my build, especially since I can regen my mana in a hurry using Double Swing (-1 mana per attack, so I recover mana when I use it).

Still debating whether to switch to a 10 grand charm set-up. My run/walk speed (51%) seems fine at the moment, and I'd prefer to hit 1000 life before I start trying to upgrade my damage through added charms.

Edit: Well it seems DSwing actually doesn't recover mana. The cost is -1 so it's always free to use, but it would have been a really neat trick if it gave instant mana regen.

yarly
volka

BNet Acct/Realm: *volka *Lv-LLD. @ europe ladder /non-ladder
72.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject:  

After experimenting a bit with this build, i have only tree tips for it.

I.) You could (optionally) use a 30/20/2 kite shield instead bone shield.
If you use 1 6max/ar/6str charms and put one point it str then it will be bugged as well as the spears.
If you use this with noneth TSpears on both swich, your opponent will never be able to see what swich you are at what i found extremely usefull especialy vs those pallys with zeal & charge.
That would mean a loss of 24 life (20 from gc and 4 from 1 point)

II.) I use only 1x anglics and a second ring with 39mana/some ar. This ring helps me alot and i loose just 700-800 ar and still got over 2k which is more then enugh vs most builds imo. When facing high def chars you could still swich back to second anglics if you fell that is needed.

III.) If you think you wanne boost your frw REALLY high then you could also use irathas amu+belt+glowes; thats giving you 20%frw, 20 ias, 15 alres and 10 dex. So youd loose some ias. ar, life and replenish but win 20% frw.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject:  

Volka, thanks for the advice - I really like your thought with the Kite Shield. I never thought to do that, mainly because my Strength isn't high enough to equip one.

The only catch is that glitched Double Throw causes your character to blink, while glitched Throw does not. So people could technically figure out which you're using - but it would be extremely helpful for when you're running around against zeal-charge pallies, zons or other throwbarbs. If I ever find a nice rare 2 os deflecting Kite, I might remake and try that.

I agree with you on the second Angelic Ring - my AR is close to 3k without any of my spears spawning with AR mods. I actually switched out one of the Angelics for a Manald Heal, but I would prefer to use a rare ring with (ideally) 40 mana / 3 min damage on it. This build can definitely get away with only one Angelic Ring.

Iratha's is another new thought that I never tried before - mainly because I don't think my build has the strength to equip a Heavy Belt or Light Gauntlets. Unfortunately, there are a couple drawbacks to it: 10 Dex would cause any glitched TSpears to "unglitch," making them visible to your opponent. And I think you drop down a breakpoint on both Double and Single Throw by losing 10 IAS.

However, that being said, getting 6 max / 7 faster r/w GC's is generally pretty difficult, especially on East NL. So if someone is just starting out, I'd definitely recommend Iratha's for them as temp gear - it's easy enough to get and you don't have to sacrifice anything for it.

yarly
volka

BNet Acct/Realm: *volka *Lv-LLD. @ europe ladder /non-ladder
72.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
Volka, thanks for the advice - I really like your thought with the Kite Shield. I never thought to do that, mainly because my Strength isn't high enough to equip one.

The only catch is that glitched Double Throw causes your character to blink, while glitched Throw does not. So people could technically figure out which you're using - but it would be extremely helpful for when you're running around against zeal-charge pallies, zons or other throwbarbs. If I ever find a nice rare 2 os deflecting Kite, I might remake and try that.

I agree with you on the second Angelic Ring - my AR is close to 3k without any of my spears spawning with AR mods. I actually switched out one of the Angelics for a Manald Heal, but I would prefer to use a rare ring with (ideally) 40 mana / 3 min damage on it. This build can definitely get away with only one Angelic Ring.

Iratha's is another new thought that I never tried before - mainly because I don't think my build has the strength to equip a Heavy Belt or Light Gauntlets. Unfortunately, there are a couple drawbacks to it: 10 Dex would cause any glitched TSpears to "unglitch," making them visible to your opponent. And I think you drop down a breakpoint on both Double and Single Throw by losing 10 IAS.

However, that being said, getting 6 max / 7 faster r/w GC's is generally pretty difficult, especially on East NL. So if someone is just starting out, I'd definitely recommend Iratha's for them as temp gear - it's easy enough to get and you don't have to sacrifice anything for it.

I.) 30/20 kites are shoppable at hell gheed (ive got lucky and got 1 in first try). Then u just have to have luck with larzuk. Very Happy

II.) the 10 dex from irathas rerplcae the 10 dex from anglics which you would loose perfectly Wink
Only drawback would be ias (have to check bp's) and the life, which makes irathas a REALLY good lowcost alternative imo Smile
*edit*: + loosing cnbf ofc

*edit#2*
III.)Almost forgot one more source of frw: you can gamble 20frw circs (char around 30 is good) and make them 2 soc. If you use this + 3 other irathas parts (all but helm) you get 40%frw and all the other stats mentioned above without even using frw/maxer.
Stealth would be another option but loosing 20 ias, block and stats that would need to be compensate by charms each time you put frw on is to much to sacrefice IMO.

Btw i got the idea with irathas for LLD when building my Classic rusher with itathas Razz

And if you play Europe Sc ladder then id love to duel some of your 18's.
I got a boner too who is temporary lil stripped cuz i gaved the charms/rings/belt to the soso.

Last edited by volka on Thu May 15, 2008 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject:  

Oh yeah, it's pretty easy to find a magic Kite Shield of Deflecting from Vendors. Ideally though, I would like to use a rare 2 os shield with deflecting and 10 FHR so I can hit the next FHR BP on my single throw side.

Iratha's sounds like a pretty good option - I didn't realize you needed the Ammy as well, so it's really easy to switch out. Plus you can throw on a couple Manald Heal rings, or better yet, rares with AR and mana. And possibly Half Freeze Duration, although you don't really need CBF against most chars.

The BP calculator is a little screwy with barbs, but I always was under the assumption that you need 20 IAS to hit the BP's on both sides. I could very well be wrong - in fact, I think it might be 10 IAS on the Single Throw Side, but 20 IAS on the DT side. So you would still be able to hit the max throwing BP on the Single Side (with 20 IAS spears), but you would drop a BP on the DT side. Then again, DT is so fast that you probably wouldn't notice it.

Unfortunately I play on East NL, which is pretty inactive for the most part nowadays. I really wish there was a way I could duel your chars - ranged 18 duels are so much fun. At this point, I basically build chars more for the fun in building new chars and trying them out in pub dueling games.

yarly
LowLevelDestroyer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject:  

A really nice weapon speed calculator, seems only 20ias is needed on your main hand to reach bp with your setup - http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

I'm slowly gathering gear/spears to imbue etc, to try this guy out on east sc ladder, nice guide.
mungloid

BNet Acct/Realm: mungloid--wscl
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject:  

helmet is +3 throwing mastery a must or what about

a circlet with 10 frw, light dmg and maxerd?
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject:  

If you want to use a circlet, I wouldn't settle for anything less than something along the lines of 30%ed/20%frw/2sockets.
dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject:  

Ooh, bumpage.

Random note for the guide (if you have any wish to update it...) - single throw benefits from a bug that causes the ed (ar is unsure/untested) from throwing mastery to be applied twice, so, for the purposes of your single throw, your mastery adds 206% ed, not 103%.
Page 4 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: