LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Diablo III Collection
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject:  Diablo III Collection
Subject description: A small collection of what we know about Diablo III

How about we have a thread with a collection of Diablo III stuff, such as video's, classes, skills that have been listed etc. That way we can keep it all on the forum for people who don't analyze the Blizzard forums like some of us do.

Videos
Quote:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/

The official Blizzard media section. It has the cinematic trailer, gameplay trailer, and the artwork trailer.

As an added bonus it also has three wallpapers

Pictures/Screenshots

Quote:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/screenshots.xml

The official Blizzard screenshot section. It shows mostly screenshots of the gameplay trailer, still worth a look though

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/artwork.xml

The official Blizzard artwork section. This shows mostly level designs, characters designs, and random artwork. There are some interesting pictures of levels, that don't seem shown in the gameplay trailer. It may be a clue to what some of the monastery's will look like, as well as some of the destructible areas.

Dungeons/Lands/Environments

Quote:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/dungeons/tristramcathedral.xml

The official Blizzard link to the dungeon 'Tristram Cathedral'. It shows information on the dungeon, artwork design, and a bit of background story.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/environmets/tristram.xml

The official link to Blizzards environment, New Tristram. It tells the background story as to why it exists now, and what has happened to it in the years since the death of Baal.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/environments/caldeum.xml

The official link to Blizzards environment, Caldeum. Again, it tells the background story of it's existence and what has happened to it in the years since Baal's demise. It talks a lot about Kurast in the description, so it seems this will be the new town, and perhaps one of the main towns.

Characters

Quote:
**Side note: You can choose between a female or a male character now.

The author in the links is Abd Al-Hazir, more information about him is at the bottom of each page. It also appears that he has been missing since last year, so no more information from him will be given

------------------------

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/barbarian.xml

The official link to Blizzards character, the Barbarian. This link describes the character, and shows the five skills that have been released so far, along with a video of each skill in action. It also tells a small background story about the Barbarians. There is also artwork for both the male and female Barbarians.

It also appears that during the gameplay footage, it shows a few skills that have a different name then what it shown on the actual site. They are as follows;

Battle Cry

Shouts out a warning, increasing the defense of all nearby party members

Radius: 15 feet

Stamina: 35

Additional Defense: 200%

Duration: 300 seconds.

---------------------------------------

Furious Charge

Charge directly at an enemy, smashing everything in the way

Current Level: 1

Fury: 20

Primary Damage: 110%

Secondary Damage: 100%

Range of 85 feet

-----------------------------------------

Hammer Of The Ancients (Not 100% sure on this name, was a bit blurry)

A massive attack that has a chance to critically hit.

Stamina: 16

Deals 225% weapon damage plus an additional 14 physical damage

+25% to critical hit

----------------------------------------

Whirlwind

Swirl in a cyclone, delivering attacks to everything in his path.

Current Level: 1

Hits for 25% of weapon damage

Next Level: 2

Hits for 30% of weapon damage

------------------------------

**A few side notes, this is EXACTLY what I saw on the screen while watching the gameplay video. I have no idea what Rank means, or why some skills have levels. I don't know why it states Stamina, Fury, and in the Whirlwind skill why it specifies 'Him'. Perhaps females get different attacks?

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/witchdoctor.xml

It also appears that during the gameplay footage, it shows a few skills that have a different name then what it shown on the actual site. They are as follows;

Horrify

A spectral mask that horrifies all enemies in proximity, causing them to run in fear

Mana Cost: 10

Radius: 20

Fear Duration: 1-2 Seconds

Mask Duration: 5 Seconds

--------------------------------

Wall Of Zombies

Zombies erupt from the Earth to attack your enemies

Current Level: 4

Zombies attack for 15 damage

Next Level: 5

Zombies attack for 15 damage

The official link to the Blizzards character, the Witch Doctor. Just as the Barbarian, it describes the character, shows the five released skills as well as a video to show each skill in action. A small background story is also told, as well as artwork of the Witch Doctor, although whether it is female or male though is only speculation.

Bestiary

Quote:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/bestiary/undead.xml

The official link to Blizzards Skeletal Undead character. The link gives background information on the undead character, concept art, and a few screenshots of them being bashed. There is no real information on how they will act in the game, but still drop hints as to how hard they will be to kill.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/bestiary/khazra.xml

The official link to Blizzards Khazra character. The link gives background information on the minotaur like character, concept art, and a few screenshots of them attacking randomly. Again, no real information on how the character will act in the game.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/bestiary/gnarledwalker.xml

The official link to Blizzards Gnarled Walker character. Just as the last two characters, it simply gives background information on the Trent like character, concept art, and a single screenshot. Hopefully more information will be released at a later date.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/bestiary/darkcultists.xml

The official link to Blizzards Dark Cultist character. Again, as with the other three characters, it simply gives background information on these Necromancer like creatures, concept art, and a screenshot.

Deckard's Journal

Quote:
Deckard's journal seems to simply be a recap of the previous two games. It does appear to go into more depths though, explaining how Tristram was destroyed between the years of Diablo and Diablo II, how Griswald was turned, and many other details. It also hows the movie scenes from Diablo II where it is needed (Although none from the original Diablo sadly). There is also random bits of artwork on certain pages.

There is also a cool little button near the top that allows you to listen to the pages in Deckard's voice.

Faq

Quote:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/faq/

The official link to the Diablo III Faq. There are three catogories under Faq. General, which talks about what Diablo III is, Characters, Gender, Battle.net, and the single/multiplayer. There is also the Technical Aspects of the game, which are explained. Which, when they are released, should have the games requirments. Then there is the Release Plans, which tells the who gets it, when, where, and how much it will be.

Miscellaneous

*****Please note, the following information is not confirmed. It is only things I have seen/heard/noticed in the gameplay video, and some rumors. Some of it has been confirmed though, where as others haven't. In the future I will edit to state whether it has been confirmed or not.

Quote:
There are hints of Cain's death in the following Diablo.

There are now life orbs, which are like potions only used as soon as they get picked up.

Many areas of Diablo III will be destructable.

There will now be a hotbar for skills

The left click skill can now have two skills set on it, and switched between using the tab key or the mouse wheel.

Enchanted weapons now show their elements. For example the Double Axe of Frost shown in the gameplay trailer has blue frost coming from it.

Gold appears to be auto-picked up

It is only possible for the person who killed the creature or opened the chest to see the items that fell out.

Damage taken is now shown above the characters head

Each armor is unique to each characters design. So the gothic armor the Barbarian wears will look different on the Witch Doctor

Allies can now be found in dungeons and recruited to help you fight your way through.

It now states 'Blocked' over a characters head when an attack is blocked

Characters are now 'frozen' in a block of ice when hit with ice weapons/spells

Items

**Please note, these are only items I have seen dropped or equipped during the gameplay footage. If the name of the item has a question mark next to it, it means I'm not 100% sure if I got the name correct and would like confirmation. Preferably with a picture.

Quote:
Gauntlets
Throwing Knife
Plate Leggings
Short Bow
Gothic Helm
Gothic Plate
Plated Greaves
Minor Energy Rune
Elixir of Vitality
(?)Annihilator Maul Of Immolation (This item appears in the trapped chest)
Double Ax Of Frost
Chipped Star Topaz
Inferior Leather Gloves
Scroll Of Identify
Inferior Quilted Pants
Quilted Pants
Ancient Medallion
Short Staff
Small Bag
Minor Health Potion
Chest Armor
Sash
Minor Power Rune
(?)Minor Literary Rune (Dropped on the bridge with the Witch Doctor, along with the Minor Power Rune)
Leather Gloves
Elixir Of Willpower
Amulet

There are also two purple items that are dropped, one during the first 'boss' fight and one during the final boss fight. They are to blurry for me to read though, so any help would be nice.

Well, thats it for what I've found so far. Anymore information would be greatly appreciated. I'll make this look pretty when I get the chance, for now this is good enough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject:  

yeah, i guess thread like this would work, seems like there is already pretty much new information to me in here :)

dont really have anything to add myself atm, as this seemed to have new information to me lawl.

(nice sig btw)

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject:  

Seems like a pretty good idea, this is the first I've seen on actual skills. So eh, wouldn't call it "already know information"

But I do wish they would hurry up and announce the other classes.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Nothing on pvp yet as well..

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Diablo III Collection

New information has been added to the guide.

Last edited by Mr.Snuggles on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Diablo III Collection

Quote:
It is only possible for the person who killed the creature or opened the chest to see the items that fell out.

It now states 'Blocked' over a characters head when an attack is blocked

These are really really lame. The blocked thing doesn't bug me NEARLY as much as the item view.

One of my favourite parts about D2 was the chance for a really awesome item to drop from a chest/monster, and that everyone had an equal chance to try and snag it....all based on a number of factors (how quickly you react, how close you are to the item etc).

This is WAY WAY too much like WoW IMO...

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:  

if everyone contributes to killing the monster, everyone should get a chance at the drops, not the person who lurks in the shadows to score the killshot

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject:  

in hgl everyone has their own drops that others cant see. :o

but yeah, the drop style of d2 was cool too, this new thing dosnt sound too promising.

Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject:  

Nice post Snuggles. To much unknow about D3 right now. It looks like it will be a major change from the first two, perhaps much more radical than the change from Diablo to DiabloII LOD.

I am reserving judgement right now but I am concerned about the visuals of the graphic armor I have seen. Reminds me of WoW, Warcraft3 or....dare I saying......the spikes on that turtle thing in Mario. LOL.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject:  

btw, anyone notice the gem which changes color when you click it on the site? ;)

rectty

BNet Acct/Realm: vfds rectty2 or anal-sepeage
62.81 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject:  

great job to every 1 that has gathered info on d3.
and yes i noticed that jewel as well but i thought it was just my comp being laggy as usuall.. possiably the same jewel that on d2? which no 1 knows wtf is does still to this very day.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject:  

If you hel it out and put it into your armor it makes you invulnerable .

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject:  

Upcoming Battle.net 2.0 Features

And, what the hell: Starcraft II Not Coming in 2008

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: