LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
I'M GOING TO GET A GUN!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
Dan The Man

18.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject:  I'M GOING TO GET A GUN!
Subject description: just kidding, pepper spray or tazer....

Well, my car was vandalized this morning. The front driver's side panel was ripped apart and my tires slashed to bits. When I first saw it I got so pissed I wanted to smash someone's car in. I was like if I ever see anyone that I don't know in my driveway or in the act of vandalizing, hahah, they gonna get dealt with, my tazer or pepper spray in their face, muha! Very Happy

I already reported it to the police. Do I really need to get a tazer or pepper spray to protect my car, well from any other future things that happen? or just install a alarm system for my car or house? Any thoughts welcomed.
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:  

What makes you think you'll be around to do something about it if it got vandalized again? (Assuming that they did it this time while you were asleep or at the store or something) Just sayin'! Smile

Anyway, depending on who you're dealing with, pepper spray can be pretty ineffective. I hear tasers work pretty well, but the "good" ones that the police use aren't going to be the same ones you can buy from wal-mart or what not.

Sadly you're also going to have a hard time convincing any law officials that you were justified in shooting someone because they were trashing your car, so I guess a gun is out of the question too--although you should probably go ahead and get a gun anyway because they're fun to target shoot with! Plus it couldn't hurt, as long as you don't have irresponsible or emotionally unstable people and/or children in your house and have 600 bucks to spend.

Here's a neat little anecdotal story on taser vs. pepper spray: http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/tasers_vs_pepper_spray_evaluation_of_police_weapons.htm
To sum it up in case you don't feel like reading: Tasers will completely incapacitate anyone for about 5-10 seconds. After that, they're free to do whatever they want if they're brave and hopped up on adrenaline.

Pepper spray lasts much much longer, but of course it's not incapacitating by any means, just disabling. If someone really wanted to they could still run at you and beat the crap out of you, just without very good vision.

Granted, your average "normal" person probably isn't going to stick around to get sprayed by pepper spray or tased and then keep on attacking. However, normal people don't normally trash cars for no reason. So really I'm no help.

Sorry about the car though Sad
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject:  

Bro all you need is something long and heavy like a bat or a crowbar or a golfclub, and just the right amount of rage.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
Bro all you need is something long and heavy like a bat or a crowbar or a golfclub, and just the right amount of rage.

Bonesnap? or maybe ethereal if non-eth tempts to be too heavy :\

sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
Belarathon wrote:

Bonesnap? or maybe ethereal if non-eth tempts to be too heavy :\

lol@this

lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject:  

brass nucks

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: