LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
New ladder = what projects?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject:  New ladder = what projects?  

Well, after having stumbled onto this game and FINALLY getting a low lvl dueler nearly 100% complete, I must say I was a little disappointed to hear about this "ladder reset" thing.

With that being said, it's time to move onto the new ladder and this is what I was planning:

Slot1: Meteorb mf/rush sorc.
When I first started, a guy that was quitting gave me a full tal's set to get started. Very generous of him and it left a pretty good taste in my mouth about this type of sorc. Obviously my opinion is slightly biased by the gear I was using, but at least I learned how to play one relatively effectively.

Slot2: Future hammerdin. My personal preference is not to use runes that the hellforge can't drop (no hr's) so this guy will be a challenge. I may consider using him for future PvP as well since I got a little bit of experience with my 30 lld hammerdin. Without enigma, I suspect that their playstyle will be quite similar.

Slot3: MLD 39 Bowzon. I've read a few posts on this forum about them and they seem intriguing. I've got a few questions though...but that's for another post.

Slot4: MLD 39 Barb. Again, I've read some nice posts here, especially some tips from waramp. Again I have a few more questions...but another post.

Slot5: LLD 18 barb. I was working on a lvl 18 barb before the reset. I *finally* managed to shop my armor..then got the bad "reset" news. Sad

Slot6-8: Mules and/or future characters.

There should be very little overlap in gear so I'm hoping I will be able to make use of a lot of the things I find and won't have to cannibalize gear.

What are everyone elses plans?
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject:  

only have 1-2 mules on your main account. Your going to need another account as a mule account anyways, might as well not waste space.

Also if you end up not liking one of your high level characters dont delete them. You can use them as a mule and enter high level trading games as well as hold more stuff (you can wear a lot),

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject:  

I really don't have the luxury of easy muling. It's basically a drop and reenter with another character (a gamble I know). Putting mules on another account adds those extra precious seconds, and more posibilities for issues, that might make me lose something. Sad

My other reasoning is: If I know the characters I will have, then I can mule over the gear that they will use as I find it. Other things go to the mules. With so little space, it'll force me to trade quicker instead of accumulating too much junk.

(I'm trying to break my hoarding/packrat tendencies. Isn't there a self-help group for that?)

I also plan on leveling my mules to appropriate gamble levels. One to gamble for the 39's gear. One for 30's (for trading) and one for 18's. Doing it that way, I'll also be able to equip some of the muled gear which allows for more room.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: