LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Does this bug still exist?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Fenald

37.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject:  Does this bug still exist?  

http://www.lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=796

And what would you recommend for doing normal baal if so.

I was pretty much planning on making an orb sorc with some decent gear that I could just tank tele to all the thingies and trip em then pretty much kill all the normal mobs in 1-2 orbs. Probably max block ES?

Could get 300 damage orb with fairly cheap easy gear.

I'm not quite sure how high/easy it would be to level in norm chaos though?

I assume 30 shouldn't be too hard I vaguely remember single playering an orb sorc and hitting 30 very shortly after a4 which I didn't spend much time in.
Squid

BNet Acct/Realm: WL
29.02 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject:  

An orb sorc is probably best for baal. I made a bowazon for this, and while she is not bad with frw, I certain do miss the teleport and static field. I wouldn't worry too much about block or ES. Doing baal runs, even solo, you get a lot more levels than you expect. With block you could probably tank the minions fairly easily, but I can't see how that would be of any real benifit. I'd say go all out for cast rate and damage.
One trick I have learned: cow games. The majority of cow games are made by a player who has already passed normal making them an easy way of getting a game where the quest can't be completed (still make sure to check the quest log). People seem to join cow games long after the cows are dead, so you also get increased drops from having more players in the game.

Diablo sounds a lot harder, since you can't level on baal runs. I guess he would be faster to run, though, if you had the right character.
Fenald

37.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject:  

Squid wrote:
An orb sorc is probably best for baal. I made a bowazon for this, and while she is not bad with frw, I certain do miss the teleport and static field. I wouldn't worry too much about block or ES. Doing baal runs, even solo, you get a lot more levels than you expect. With block you could probably tank the minions fairly easily, but I can't see how that would be of any real benifit. I'd say go all out for cast rate and damage.
One trick I have learned: cow games. The majority of cow games are made by a player who has already passed normal making them an easy way of getting a game where the quest can't be completed (still make sure to check the quest log). People seem to join cow games long after the cows are dead, so you also get increased drops from having more players in the game.

Diablo sounds a lot harder, since you can't level on baal runs. I guess he would be faster to run, though, if you had the right character.

I was planning on using Visceratuant or mosers max block wouldn't be much of a problem and looks like the easiest way to negate the most damage because really the extra points in vit aren't going to matter much anyway I was just going to buy like 15-20 life scs and be done with it.

Also was going to use norm baal games if my char is strong enough to kill full/near full games in a timely manner.
mike_roch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject:  

Yep, I personally have a lvl 63 sorc still in normal. I did fireball/meteor.

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject:  

I've got a lvl 67 orber sorc still in normal; 650 orb dmg with -155 resis from cold mastery easily kills anything
I wouldn't consider going max block at all. But I do use es.

Things I've found useful:
get an insight merc for sure
make the 105% fcr breakpoint
you won't be wanting to use life scs in your invo.. they will just take up space. tp & id book + keys is all you want.
use a raven frost (getting cold and walking to your stash sucks)
get a decent amount of frw just so you run faster in town lol (i use sanders boots for example)

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: