LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
super smash bros. brawl
Page 7 of 9 [125 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

ya, in the first Super mario strikers game for the Gamecube, there was like a super kick that went in almost 95% of the time, and i hated that. I think a lot of people will play this game with the final smash off.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject:  

For sure, its real lame.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject:  

I Gotz Teh Brawl!!!11!!1!

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject:  

i got it, and to tell you the truth, its kind of lame.

Some of the characters have ridiculous moves (Pits sword spin thing is annoying as hell), they dubbed pikachu down a LOT, and like all the maps move. The random match option does like nothing, and with 4 players in a game its REALLY laggy.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
OffbyOne

BNet Acct/Realm: GT-Duelers - E/SC/L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject:  

Can't say I have any problems with lag at all with 4 people on the board and in hyrule castle, went very smooth. (note: not done in online play)

Personally I just started using Pit. I use to use Marth in melee but i feel the nerfed his strength in account for his speed. Pit is the same style (speed over strength) but I have grown on his moves. His sword spin leaves him very vulnerable if not performed properly and stoped at the right time. Though I will admit that his flying ability is H4X ahha I litterally was at the bottom of a board and flew up to the point u couldnt see me above the map. Very over powered. As for all the final smashes I've seen. Sonic seems the most Over powered. It seems to last forever and I've litterally been able to hit off one person 2 times before it finished. For the speed its not that hard to control.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject:  

Yay I got it, nows i just have to unlock everyone Smile

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

yea, right now im just playing through everything right now. not in a big rush to do specific things to unlock people

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

i got R.O.B. Hes pretty sick Smile but ya, they nerfed pikachu and im upset about that. Pikachu was weak to begin with.

Also i think Pit is kinda cheap. He has a crazy jump (I think R.O.B.s brings you higher, but Pits gives you more control), he has that stupid sword attack that he can keep up forever reflecting attacks, his smash is pretty crazy (especially if your hurt), and he has some really strong sword attacks.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Torrent

13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

i dont like his up+b move because it doesnt do any damage. that and him being just a little slower than fox make me lean towards the latter.

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject:  

Ive unlocked every character now, and heres my top 3

Pikachu
Toon Link
ROB

I think R.O.B is the most fun though. He also has the best final smash. But its fun to kill people with a robot Smile

1,000th post on 12/12/07
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject:  

If you want to get good at Brawl, read this post.

I'm just going to quote an epic post from the Montreal thread made by chet, one of our best in Melee, in regards to Brawl.

chesterr01 wrote:

1) Le tripping c'est la seule chose dans le jeu qui me stimule les muscles horripilateurs. Je trébuche plus souvent que les autres, mais vwins m'a dit qu'il croyait que plus ton % est haut, plus t'as de chances de tomber. C'était cool là fois que j'ai trip dans un fsmash de snake/metaknight, pis que ça m'a coûté la game, mais c'est situationnel, pis tu te fais pas trop souvent péter à cause de ça. In other words, oui ça peut influencer le match, mais juste si tu *tilt* à cause que t'es tombé dans un move.

2) Noobs owning: I agree with test, if you lose you suck, point final.

3) Hit stun. You can combo in brawl, it's been established. You have to be effing good though in brawl to combo. Skilled. You have to switch your throws/moves to **** up the opponents' DI and get him into your combos. I'm starting to love this more and more. In melee, sheik's dthrow was a set up from 0 to death, no matter the DI. In brawl, the person who gets grabbed have to be fast about it.

When I get grabbed by Lucas I have to think fast cuz 3 of his throws can kill me. With Fox if the opponent doesn't DI the dthrow properly you can get a good 40-50% in. It adds variety as well, and it forces characters to not abuse the same moves/combos/strats over and over again. Plus, it's kinda like a fighting game where you can get counters in combos if the guy isn't precise enough. Reminds me of Virtua Fighter 5. The opponent isn't skilled enough to chain his moves by timing frames?

If you can, you're at an advantage, cuz you can dodge (in other words, counter) a poorly executed combo. Instead of melee where you could tell anyone "take fox and do upthrow uair" and it would work from 0 to death percentage. You can't be sloppy in brawl, and tripping is the only thing that can eff you up. Even then, tripping doesn't kill the game when you play it as Test said. That being said, if you can't do perfect frame combos, this is where mindgames come into place.

You can attack, or wait for the airdodge to punish the landing/dodge exit. Just there, you have something that you don't have in melee, because you have little time to punish the airdodge, and it takes skill. Some characters have to be played like that, my DK is like that. You attack, and you know your next move won't chain, so you don't attack, and prepare a shield or powershield counter or airdodge to land and retaliate. It's kinda like boxing, a solid jab-straight combo, wait for the retaliation and cross-counter.

Melee top tiers had excellent ground game, but the physics of the newest title force players to use ground game and airgame to be efficient in brawl. Melee's techchasing was ground based, but in brawl it is more about airchasing. So basically when you play brawl, you CAN chase opponents. Also, airdodging is the core of your defense, and it's great for offense, like a ducking straight counter passing a jab. It's good when recovering, it's good to escape combos, to create opening, use it, but don't abuse it.

If someone is recovering back to the stage from very high up and goes centerstage, the edgeguarding party can 1-attack, 2- air dodge through an aerial, 3- DO NOTHING. The recovering party can 1- attack, 2- air dodge 3- DO NOTHING.
In melee, you could tech on the same spot, roll left or right. Brawl is harder on that sense. Depending on your character, you're gonna try to intercept in the air, or during the landing after a dodge (since chars are vulnerable upon landing/shielding, just like in melee). The timing is stricter.

Of course spacing is important while doing so. You need a lot of talent to predict an air dodge to accordingly punish it. In other words, air chasing replaced tech chasing. When they announced the game, they said that they wanted to create a game that was more orientated towards aerial battles. They did a good job in accomplishing that, when I look at the edgeguarding dimension of Brawl. It's hard to punish an airdodge with Snake's fair to spike, but one day we'll get better and we'll be able to do so. For now we stick with bairs, and fast moves, but the more you understand the game, and the more possibilities you unlock.

----------------------------

En réponse à l'argument "50% melee fox combo vs trashkill in brawl", you can trashkill, but it's harder. All characters can, others have more weapons for it, but it's possible, depending on the recoveries of the 2 parties at play, and the skill of the edgeguarder. Not all characters have crazy recoveries, but out of a cast of like 35 some characters, we can allow 4-5 crazy recoveries like Pit or something. Trashkill requires timing and rapid execution, and calculations. I can shine lucas when he recovers but I have to be precise, and I have to predict the start of his second up+b when I double jump for the second shine. AFTER, I have to time my recovery on the edge to get the kill. It's hard and gratifying to kill someone at low percentage.

Also, spikes are strong in this game, spikes are what makes ganon and falcon good characters for those who are melee orientated. Spike characters are excellent vs snake for give an obvious example, but you have to set him up for it. Apply pressure, for a retaliation or a dodge so that he loses his cypher, get him low and spike him. The game isn't stupid, it's about forcing your opponent into a disadvantageous situation.

With all that being said, and taking into account tripping, loss of certain techs, and possible advantages of certain characters, I believe that brawl is a balanced game with depth. Brawl is not as technically demanding as Melee, but it has a different gameplay that requires different strategies, and it has to be taken on with a different approach. The more I play, and the more I see that's it's not the same game at all. Now to say that Brawl is a bad game is hasty.

Yeah, sorry about some of the french, I'm just too lazy to translate it. But I agree a lot and I'm also enjoying playing Brawl, and the more I play it, the more I want to play it.

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject:  

Where was it quoted from?

Quote:
The tripping it is the only thing in the game which stimulates me muscles. I stumble more often than the others, but vwins says to me that he thought that the more your % are high, the more have you of chances to fall. It was cool there time which I have trip in a fsmash of snake / metaknight, worse that this cost me the game, but it is situational, worse you make not too often burst because of this. In other words, yes this can influence match, but fair if you *tilt* in reason that fell you in one

Translated #1 for you guys

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

ROFL, great translation...for the record, the last sentence actually means that yes, tripping will affect the game for you if you actually let it affect you when it happens. Otherwise, it's pretty legible.

It was taken from the Montreal thread on Smashboards, where some debates have been arising based on Melee vs. Brawl, but I digress. I just thought it was a good post, and chet is a pretty smart guy and a very talented player.

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
It was taken from the Montreal thread on Smashboards, where some debates have been arising based on Melee vs. Brawl, but I digress. I just thought it was a good post, and chet is a pretty smart guy and a very talented player.

I've tried keeping away from smashboards lately. It's pretty aggravating to even see all of the new posters who swear they are hardcore even though they've only had the game for a couple of months. I wish they would actually ban people, cause theres a loooong list, imo.

I want to play you though Smile

Edit:
Quote:
ROFL, great translation...for the record, the last sentence actually means that yes, tripping will affect the game for you if you actually let it affect you when it happens. Otherwise, it's pretty legible.

I'm only in French 3, and we don't really learn anything anyways. The general belief where i live is "all other languages are inferior, so no need to learn foreign jibberjabbers"

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Torrent

13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
It's pretty aggravating to even see all of the new posters who swear they are hardcore even though they've only had the game for a couple of months.

Oh? How pro are you then?

Page 7 of 9 [125 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: