LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
[9] SACAZON
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:  [9] SACAZON
Subject description: Because why not?

Everyone has sacrifice necros, now im seeing sacrifice barbs, but a zon would be better than both because of stronger passive skills.

The problem with sacrifice is, exactly that, sacrificing life for damage. But LIFE REP can counter this well enough.

As far as I can tell, sacrifice does NOT cost mana, so that is one less thing we will have to worry about. vulpine mods on items and dtm jewels are USELESS. LIFE REP is the key here. As for most competent vLLD builds, getting a lot of life rep with a limited selection of gear is EXPENSIVE, so if youre me, dont make this.

But before the gear, there are still stats and skills to worry about. Stats should be like any other guide out there, and repeating this makes me feel like an idiot, but...

Strength: Enough for gear
Dexterity: Enough for max block
Vitality: The rest
Energy: NONE YOU ASSHOLES (thought id shake it up a little bit.)

Now for skills. With a hell rush, this character will have 20 points to divide between 3 key skills: Critical Strike, Inner Sight, and Dodge. CS and IS can receive 9 points, and Dodge can receive 4. The reason to use a zon for this skill instead of a necro or barb is mostly the dodge, so you will want all 4 points possible here. That leaves 16 to be divided between CS and IS. Here is an example skill set:

7 Inner Sight
9 Critical Strike
4 Dodge

And thats 20. The above placement is what i would suggest over any, because at level 9, not many characters' defenses will be high enough to be a problem after losing 190% of it. Your attack rating should also be high due to gear and the bonus from sacrifice. This level also lasts over 30 seconds and costs 5 mana, which will not be a problem for a character whose main attack skill costs no mana.

Now for the GEAR.

Helm:

3os Crown/Great Helm/Mask
Try to get a superior Crown (52 defense is maximum) and socket with damage jewels. 9 max is the usual; if youre uberrichsauce then go for 10+ max or 8 min or whatever.
DEFENSE. MATTERS!!! A LOT!!! With lvl 4 dodge you already have a 34% chance to dodge along with a 75% chance to block. A small amount of defense really helps with this. In the end, with the right gear, about 500 defense should be your goal.

Armor:

4 socket Gothic/Ancient
The best you can aim for is a 269 def superior ancient. This, however, gives you a 100 str req. If you can afford 2 max/-req jewels (to equal 70 str, the max youll want to have), this is a much better choice than a gothic plate. but if you cant get your hands on the jewels, go with the gothic.

Gloves:

Sigon's Gloves
Combined with sig belt/boots, you get a 100 def bonus, which is quite detrimental to your opponent's chance to hit. 30 ias as well with another piece.

Death's Gloves
Use these with Death's Sash for 30 ias and cbf mods. If you dont use sigs gloves then your strength should only be at 55. In this case, youll want to make sure your armor is also at 55 str req for more points into vit.

With either choice, you get a 10 frame attack.

Belt:

Sigon's Belt
See above

Death's Belt
See above

Boots:

Sigon's Boots
See above

Gorefoot/Hotspurs/Hsarus/Rare fhr, dex boots
Use any of these if youre not using sigons trio.

Amulet:

5 or 10 stat ammy with LIFE REP
5 str/5 dex with attack rating and 3-5 life rep is the best you can hope for. dtm is not an issue. if you cant get one of these, use a plain 5 str or 5 dex ammy.

Rings:

75+ attack rating 2 str/2 dex rings w/ 3-5 life rep (if possible)
the best rings are hard to find. Try to get the life rep, because all of your life rep will come from jewelery (or a scepter if youre lucky).

Weapon:

Sacrifice charged war scepter
Life rep and ctc amp are useful mods on these. Inherent pali skills arent an issue because youre not a pali (fancy that). Hope for 2 sockets on a magic shopped one or get a good rare with 2 sockets and put in min/max damage jewels.

Shield:

Blessed Bone Shield of Deflecting
With 2 sockets again, socket with damage jewels. If you can find a rare with 2 sockets and deflecting mod + others, even better.

Pelta Luna

FBR Frames
0% 17
4% 16
6% 15
11% 14
15% 13
23% 12
29% 11
40% 10
56% 9
80% 8
120% 7
200% 6

You can hit 11 frame block with a 30/20 bone shield, or 10 frame with pelta. I'd stick with the bone shield for the extra socket because you have a low chance to be hit as it is. This is only my opinion; many would probably use pelta.

3 Socket Tower/Gothic

For pure damage instead of defense/blocking. Youll need dmg/-req jewels for the tower, and for gothic if youre not using sigons. A kite shield could be used as well, but it has a very low blocking mod, forcing you to waste more points in dex.

Charms: Since youre using a normal attack, youll want fhr. 7 frame can be achieved by using 3x12 fhr gcs. The rest of your charms should be 15 life lcs, and stat scs to fit with the fhr gcs.

Weapon damage calculator gives this 50-670 damage with all plain 9 maxers and 70 strength, and 77-1031 average with lvl 9 critical strike.
As for strategy...always walk, blah blah, this isnt my forte.

EDITS:

Amazon FHR Frames
0% 11
6% 10
13% 9
20% 8
32% 7
52% 6
86% 5
174% 4

Getting a high fhr frame on this character is a bit unreasonable. You do want fhr because normal attack is interruptible, but then again, with opponents' slow attack speeds and your high chance to block/dodge with ~500 defense, you wont be gettign pummeled by anything other than smiters, who will attack at a maximum of 8 frames at your level.

I advised 7 frame fhr to get the upper hand on smiters. If youre facing a kicker, you might want to add more fhr charms because of their very fast attack rate.

As for attack speeds, you need at least 25 ias to hit 10 frames, which is as fast a speed as you can hope to acheive before using items like twitch. I cant really find the table for normal attack speeds, i just used the Weapon Speed Calculator.

Thanks to diablo2.com for the tables.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)

Last edited by Torrent on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:  

I made one of these at level 15, it did alright at that level, I wonder how it would do at level 9.
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject:  

Try adding IAS/FHR breakpoints that should be met. You will defenitely want a shield with a good block speed because Sac is interruptible.
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject:  

Dream wrote:
Try adding IAS/FHR breakpoints that should be met. You will defenitely want a shield with a good block speed because Sac is interruptible.

pelta is the best choice here i'd think

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

ty for comments/suggestions, updated a little.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

i believe his has been done before but not with so much inner sight. nice add. i believe the one i saw was a sac/jab hybrid.

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:
i believe his has been done before but not with so much inner sight. nice add. i believe the one i saw was a sac/jab hybrid.

I agree why you drop a very dominant uninterruptable skill for sac charges?

isn't jab already strong as hell at lvl9?

I'm %99 sure an avarage jabber would burst this built.. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by fuh on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:  

fuh wrote:
ATOMICMAN wrote:

I agree why you chose a very dominant uninterruptable skill for sac charges?

isn't jab already strong as hell at lvl9?

I'm %99 sure an avarage jabber would burst this built.. Rolling Eyes

jabbers >> sacadins

but sacadins are different atleast.

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

Deadly strike does not work with sacrifice. I doubt Critical strike would work with sac but I can't be sure.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:
Deadly strike does not work with sacrifice. I doubt Critical strike would work with sac but I can't be sure.

You sure about that?
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:

Actually I am pretty sure CS does not work with sac either, I think I did the test too.
ste91

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject:  

I'm pretty sure Critical Strike works with Sac, but really, I wouldn't bother with a Sac Zon.

Sac Necros work because Amp gives you as much damage as a regular Sac Paladin, aswell as letting you have Bone Armor/Clay Golem/Skeles.

Sac Barbs work because of the bonuses from Mastery, and huge defence.

The downside to Sac Necros is the low attack rating.

The downside to Sac Barbs is the slightly lower damage (compared to Necs/Paladins).

Sacrifice Amazons are probably one of the worst "Sac chars" because of the terrible FHR they get when using a 1-handed swinging weapon. Sure you get Dodge and Inner Sight, but it just doesn't make up for it. And Critical Strike isn't enough to give them any sort of amazing damage, either.
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: