LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
[30] Fissure Druid Guide
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:  [30] Fissure Druid Guide
Subject description: Woot!

As Dao is now calling for new guides, and we have only had a few partial lvl 30 Fissure Druid guides, so i have decided to make one.

I have and have had a lvl 30 fissure druid for quite a while, and i have been very successful with him. I find that fissure druids are VERY under rated builds, and when built and played well, can be very powerful.

There are five main parts of this guide.
1) Gear
2) Charms
3) Skills
4) Stats
5) Strategy

Gear

For gear there will be multiple options based on various reasons, such as who you are dueling, how much you are willing to spend, and what you prefer.

There a few requirements you must reach.
- You MUST have max block and
- you should hit 86% fhr.

Helm: Your best option would be a 2ele skills 3 fissure pelt with 2 sockets+fhr+cyclone armor/oak sage. Any pelt that gives 4-5 fissure is great.
Option 2: Peasant crown. Skills + f w/r + life + mana + rep. pretty sweet.
Option 3: 3 fissure + other helpful skill 'Lore'. Try to get + oak sage or cyclone armor as well. (note: if you use lore, u will need to socket your armor with a shael)
---Socket your helm with one Shael. I will explain this later.

Armor: You could go for the +resistance of Vipermagi (which i prefer) or the life rep of Spirit Shroud. It really comes up preference for this one. Life rep or resistance. - Socket this with a P skull, as even a little bit of life rep will help you.

Weapon: Only one choice for this. Spirit Crystal Sword. Eth is good, but not needed, since you need the str for your gloves. It just looks cooler Smile. FCR DOES NOT MATTER ON YOUR SPIRIT! Fcr does not help with fissure, so any fcr will due. Try to get high mana and high mdr on it although those aren't very important.

Weapon (switch): Insight staff. The lower the reqs and the higher the med the better.

Shield: For your Shield its up to you. I personally use a 15% ed 'Rhyme' Grim shield. You could save yourself some str and use a 'Rhyme' Bone shield (less reqs and less defense). Rhyme is your best option. 25 Resistances, Cannon be frozen, 40% faster block rate, and 20% increases chance of blocking (saves you dex Smile )

Belt: You could try for a Rare fhr/str/life belt. The better option IMO is a 15/15 String of ears. The DR and MDR will help you tank melee and magic dmg.

Gloves: Magefists hands down. You get +1 fire skills (VERY helpful) and replenish mana (not too helpful.) You could try for some bloodfists, but you would lose damage which is very bad.

Boots: Sanders boots. The 40% f w/r and 15 stats will help you greatly. Another option is Cowking boots. 20 stats but less f w/r.

Rings: 2xSoJs. They add a ton more mana, enabling you to get by without adding any stat points into mana. They also add +2 all skills which will help you greatly.

Amulet: 2 ele skills +life + res + life rep or as many of those as possible. FCR IS NOT NEEDED. Another option is a 1 druid skills ammy with similar secondary mods.

Charms

You should have a mix of charms. And depending on preference you can alter my suggestions.

With spirit you have 55% fhr. With a shael in your helm you have 75% fhr.
You need 3x 5%fhr scs to hit the 86% fhr bp. If you can get them with a good secondary mod (res/def) its even better.

You should use about 10x F w/r scs. Once again with res their better.

The remaining 27x scs should be 15 lifers. One more time try to get Resistances or defense on them. Every little bit helps.

Skills

These skills are for a level 30 hell rushed druid.
With hell rush you have 41 skills.

Place them as follows.

Summoning Skills:
1 into oak sage (skills from gear will boost this).

Shape Shifting Skills:
none

Elemental Skills
:
17 Firestorm
1 Molten Boulder
19 Fissure
1 Volcano
1 Arctic blast
1 Cyclone armor.

You may choose not to get a point into cyclone armor, and if you do not, just move the points from arctic blast and cyclone armor into firestorm.

Stats

Strength: Depending on if you use 'Rhyme' Grim shield or boneshield your base str will be different. With grim shield it will be 53 str. With bone shield you will need 40 base str so you can use Magefists.

Dexterity: If you use sanders You will need 80 base dex to hit max block. If you use cowkings it will be 75 dex.

Vitality: The rest. It should end up somewhere as either 87 or 100.

Energy: None

Strategy

Your toughest competition will be vs High dmg WW barbs, Hammerdins who are very good at desynching, High dmg bowas who play defensively, and defensive fire sorcs.

Basically Vs Melee walk. This keeps your block rate up.

Vs bowas, walk when arrows are coming, and run when they are not.

If someone is playing defensively, play defensively back. They will be forced onto the offensive. If someone is chasing you, cast fissure IN FRONT OF WHERE THEY ARE GOING! They will run across it and take multiple hits.

Vs melee you should play defensively. You can have 2 full fissures and 1 ending at all times. Keep 1 fissure over you, cast one out at the person you are dueling, and cast another one on top of you. You can make a path of Fissure for you to walk on.

Vs hammerdins, always be running. With desynch, you wont know where they are, and if you are running, they will have a harder time catching/hitting you. Cast a fissure in a spot, run to it, cast where you THINK they will end up, and then repeat. These are long duels.

Vs chargers, Its easy. Cast fissure over yourself and WALK. Keep on the far end of the fissure away from them. Move as they do so to get to you, they need to charge across your fissure. Unless they can 1 hit you or have massive stacked res, you should always win in a duel vs a charger.

Vs fire sorcs, if u have a Vipermagi in stash, nows your time to use it. If they don't tele, cast fissure right where they are running. They stop to avoid running through it, and it hits them 1-2 times. Dodge their Fbs and repeat. This is where Life rep and Cyclone armor comes in handy (especially if you recast).

Vs WW barbs, Walk at all times. Stay in your fissure at all times. keep a fissure over yourself, and cast one at them until they come in. Step to the side, but stay in your fissure. They will move through your fissure and take damage while you come out unscathed! If they do high damage, you might only be able to take a few hits though.

REMEMBER! Practice makes perfect, so get out and duel. I got to the point last ladder where i would duel and beat lvl 90+ h dins. They couldn't hit me, and i would wear them down until they died.

I didn't proof read it, so lmk if i made any mistakes (as i'm sure i did).

EDIT: Heres the stats of my druid.
Rift
75 all res
Max block
815 life (without oak) (missing 2x lifers that i traded)
1278 life (with oak)
347 mana
1336-1396 fissure damage
hits the 86% fhr bp.

I hope you liked my guide Smile

1,000th post on 12/12/07

Last edited by Mimes on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject:  

putting any points into cyclone armor is a waste...put them into firestorm for more fissure damage.

Since fissure druids need to play defensively 90% of the time, lots of rep life and rw is your best friend. For this reason, spirit shroud is definitely the way to go. The only benefit you get from vmagi is the resists. To solve this problem vs casters, I have an artisans kite shield of regen on switch (3x pdiamond) which tops off my resists vs any caster.

Also, I disagree with your choice of SoE. Chances are that if you do get hit by a melee attack, it will deal you some pretty devastating damage, and SoE really isn't going to help much here. An fhr/life/life rep belt is a much better choice for several reasons:

a) allows you to put another skull in your pelt, instead of the shael, thereby giving you more rep (which like i said is your best friend)
b) fissure druids have relatively low base life (oak sage gets killed pretty easily), so every bit helps
c) more life rep

Finally, the shield choice. If you are using spirit shroud, which every fissure druid should be, then you've already got a source of CBF. This pretty much renders using Rhyme useless because:

a) resists can be easily acquired vs casters by switching to an artisans kite of regen (and if you cant find this, then just get a magic kite shield of regen and socket it with 2 pdiamonds...this is easily shopped at Fara in A2 Norm)
b) whitstans is the obvious choice here vs any melee chars that would require you to have max block....it gives far better increased blocking percentage and the same faster block rate speed. With a 9dex jewel'd Whitstans + Sanders, you only need 48 base dexterity.

Last edited by FudGe on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject:  

+3fissure 3 socketed helm isn't bad (it's what I use) - you can even have a few for different duels. Prubies, Pskulls are good in different situations.

I personally use spirit shroud at all times, and have a few different shields I swap out for different duels.

Shael'd Whistans
Crafted 17fhr 2 socket magic resist 9% shield - pdiamonds socketed for fire/light resist.
100%cold res +5rep life kite shield

Those are what I use, and others I would suggest are artisan's kite shield of xxx (17fhr, or +5rep life).

I use frw/resist charms to make up where I am lacking.
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

@fudge well if you put a p skull in your pelt instead of a shael, you will need 4x more 5% fhr scs. Thats - 60 life. Since the mana regen wont help you much, the only bonus to the skulls is +5 life rep. Personally i prefer 60 life over 5% life rep.

I prefer not to have to switch gear, hence no Whitstans for melee and AKSoX for casters. Never considered the AKSoX (x being whatever other mod you want).

Since i went for the v-magi, i needed a rhyme for the CBF. The stacked res and ICoB and FBR are also bonuses. As i stated multiple times it comes to preference. I feel i can beat melees fairly easily, and my original fissure druid (some may know him as Rift) had 0% life rep. He lost maybe 2-3 times total last ladder (and i used to duel with him A LOT), although i haven't dueled him nl hardly at all, and havent upgraded his charms (in fact i traded some of the life/manas and life/ def ones away).

Also before i ran into technical difficulties, i was going to post my stats. Ill edit those in in a bit.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
@fudge well if you put a p skull in your pelt instead of a shael, you will need 4x more 5% fhr scs. Thats - 60 life. Since the mana regen wont help you much, the only bonus to the skulls is +5 life rep. Personally i prefer 60 life over 5% life rep.

24fhr/life/life rep belt > SoE

55fhr + 24fhr = 79fhr. You only require 2x 5fhr scs. You have 10more rep life, and you have 60more life from belt.

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject:  

but you lose all your DR and some of your MDR to gain a decent amount of life and a bit of life rep.

I did mention a rare belt similar to that as an option originally, and you could switch them on and off according to who you are dueling. String is much more common and inexpensive though.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject:  

i only ran out of mana once in all my duels with my fissure druid, and it was in a drawn-out duel vs a high regen hdin who kept killing my oak. so instead of insight on switch, i had a spirit sword and -req/9dex whistan on one side for max block, and a spirit and (i wish) similar shield to fudge's vs casters on the other switch.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:  

I prefer an insight for team duels/ when i kill noobs with my 1 point into arctic blast, or am being mean with a constant cyclone armor recast. I agree though. Mana isn't really an issue.

I considered just using life rep gear on switch, but there wasn't very much of it. You could have a bit of life rep on a scepter, but no life rep on your shield, or on jewels (i believe life rep on a jewel makes it level 40 or so req).

1,000th post on 12/12/07
xxx-baba-xxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

nice guide ive been thinking about building 1 of these for a while.
Quote:

24fhr/life/life rep belt > SoE

55fhr + 24fhr = 79fhr. You only require 2x 5fhr scs. You have 10more rep life, and you have 60more life from belt.

wouldnt you need another 4 scs in order to hit the 99 breakpoint? or are you getting 10 fhr from a pelt or boots? couldnt you also use 1 shael?
JokerMWX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject:  

OK....I just made one of these. I have had good success w/ a windy, and don't have the items for a BvA Barb. I found a pelt w/ +2 ele/+3 Geddon.
I thought it would be cool , and not have to put all the pre req pts in. I soc'd the helm w/ 2 P.skulls.
My Gear:
Helm-See above, and it came w/ 10% FHR
Wep- Spirit
Shield-Rhyme for caster(no max block)/Whitstan's for melee(max block w/ eld)
Armor-Viper(2)1 w/ shael, 1 w/ 6dex,6 str, 3life, CR 18( trying to get Dshroud)
Gloves-MageF
Ammy-+2 ele/All R10/6dex/10fcr(i know fcr means nothing)
Rings-2 SOJs
Boots-Sanders
Belt-SOE/Bladebuckle(30 FHR & 5str/10dex)
Charms-24 lifers/2 str(5x2 LG)/2ResA w/ str/Rest 3-5%FRW

1-Oak
19-F.Storm
1-M.Boulder
19-Fissure
1-Remaining pt.
This is one of my concerns. In the guide it called for 1 in Volcano & 2 to pts to get Cyc.Armor. I took the advice against Cyc Armor, because it seemed low to waiste 2 pts. I would like to know why 1 pt in volcano if you can use it in F.Storm to help fissure? Volcano is a syng too, but will you ever use it?

Stats(15 pts left) are not great, but hope to improve with better gear and charms:
F.storm-1384-1548
Fissure-1243-1298
Geddon-936-1207
Life-764/1294 w/ oak
mana-346
Resist-75 all
FHR-95

I have dueled a little w/ him. I just finished last night. I have no cure for trappers(never did really-any help on how to get out of MB lock??). Dueled in the pubs(mainly built for) and beat some lost some. Defensive and staionary charcs were problems, but a lot of fun. Geddon lasted a long time, but took to long to use other skills when recasted.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: