LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
[30] Druid Summoner
Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject:  [30] Druid Summoner
Subject description: --> The Real Deal <--

I'm not in too much of a mood for writing a large guide, so consider this a mini-guide. The level 30 druid summoner is something I worked on last season, and got working fairly well. This builds on the "Shockbear" idea of 1.09, but with the realization that spirit wolves deal more damage then grizzly bears at this level. Hence, this is a spirit wolf/shockwave build, and Can and will compete toe to toe with other level 30 builds. This is a very competent character, and will handle its own surprisingly well; you can actually duke it out with many casters and melees, but certain builds like level 30ish zealers will have the upper hand on you. It is also fairly mana-intensive for re-summoning, and silly rules in several tournaments will disqualify you (resummoning wolves, mana pots, ect).

I recommend this more as a pub build.

#1: What it is.

A level 30 druid who summons 5 spirit wolves and a HOW, and spams shockwave on you as his wolves tear you apart. They pack very decent damage for what you would expect, and will annihilate interuptible melee builds, and stunlock casters if they get in range. This is played as a purely caster build, with absolutely no melee attacking to be done. All damage comes from the wolves, be it in the form of their attack, or returned damage.

#2: What it uses.

Spirit Wolf: 20
Heart of Wolverine*: 3+
Grizzly: 1
Lycanthropy: 1
Shockwave: 1
Spirit of Barbs: 1
(and obviously the pre-req's)

*3 for a non-rushed build

#3: What it wears.

Helm:
Exclamation Rare Pelt:
There is no other option here. You should not attempt this build if you can't get an at least +3 skills helm. I personally use a +2 summons, +3 grizzly helm with various rare mods. You should aim for +grizzly over +spirit wolves, as the damage synergy will give you more then points in wolves would. Add Sol runes in available sockets.
Idealy:
+2 Summons
+3 Grizzly
+3 Spirit Wolf
+2 HOW
+ 2 sockets for sol runes, and whatever mods float your boat.

Armor:
Exclamation Vipermagi. (Sol)
This is the #1 choice. The low req's coupled with high MDR and +1 skills, make it a solid option. The FCR is quite needed with shockwave.

Exclamation Spirit Shroud.
Simply not as good as vipermagi. The cannot be frozen is not needed, as this is not a running-intensive build. The regen is nice, but not nearly as much as the higher MDR and FCR.

Exclamation Stealth
Extremely foolish. Vipermagi is better in all respects, since you don't need to run or really worry about FHR.

Weapon:
Exclamation Spirit Sword
There is no other option here.

Shield:
Exclamation Sigons
With either ELD or SOL, this is my best recommendation. You NEED the +1 skills, and you NEED max blocking. The high str requirement is the toughie, but its worth the HP loss. Don't forget that as a tank build, you absolutely must have 75% blocking. Don't be afraid to ELD it instead of SOL.

Exclamation Whitstans Guard
A solid alternative, the strength requirement isn't actually that much lower, but it saves you alot of dex points and lets you use a SOL over an ELD. However, I personally do not believe thats worth the -1 to all skills.

Gloves:
Exclamation Magefists
Highly recommended

Exclamation Frostburns
Only use these if you REALLY aren't allowed to use mana potions.

Belt:
Exclamation String of Ears
Its that simple

Boots:
Exclamation Cow Kings
The 20 stat points is the top here, and the 5 more stats is worth well more then the 10% extra FRW on sanders.

Exclamation Sanders
The 15 stat points all help you, and the 40% FRW isn't all that great here, but doesn't hurt.

Exclamation Rare Boots with +stats
If they top CK boots, don't be afraid to use them.

Rings:
Exclamation 2x Sojs
If you're a cheapskate, don't build this build.

Amulet:
Exclamation Rare +2 summoning ammy
Look for the best 2nd mods you can; FCR, HP, ect.

Exclamation Blue +2 summoning ammy
I haven't found a good rare yet, so I'm stuck with this.

On switch:
Exclamation Edge Bow
This is ENTIRELY worth it. Build in a hunters bow, so it has low requirements; use this against high damage meleer's if you need to.

Charms:
Exclamation +Lifers
As many as you can get.

#4: How to duel with it.

Its pretty damned simple. You summon 5 spirit wolves, you summon a HOW, and shockwave anyone silly enough to get close to you. If you must chase a caster, do it in diagonal patterns, and recast your wolves whenever you have less then 5. If you are up against a bowazon, summon wolves next to them. If you face a melee character who is leeching more then he takes damage, switch to barbs/edge, and summon a BEAR instead of wolves. The bear has more HP, and can therefore deal more thorns damage back then they can leech off it.
Whenever you get down to 1 HP, immediately RECAST werebear. This will save you for 1 more hit. Against FOHers and other slow-hitting builds, this will make you nigh-impossible to kill. Learn to walk away as your opponent name-locks you, dragging them through your minions.

Its not exactly rocket science.

#5: An example:
Pugna
USEast, Softcore Ladder
Level 30 Spirit Wolf
Level 14 Grizzly
Level 12 HOW (not hellrushed)
890 HP- very very few charms Sad
261 Mana
Spirit Wolf Damage:
252 each without HOW (1260 per volley)
312 each with HOW (1560 per volley)

Last edited by clan_iraq on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

cow kings boots for 20 stats instead of 15 on sanders would be better if youre not using a melee attack for ar. this is an awesome idea btw.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

Oh yeah, being a bit hasty.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject:  

quite original.

Except i dont think this is viable for much more then killing pubs.

Most casters would kill this char with relative ease.
WW barbs / zealers / Chargers would all beat this fairly easily if their good.

If u played very defensively you might be able to kill smiters.

Also i have a few questions.

Is Shockwave blockable? I know War Cry is blockable and that makes me really angry when im trying to duel with my wcer.

Does shockwave speed increase with fcr?

How much shockwave damage are you doing?

EDIT: forgot to tell you its a pretty nice guide Smile
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
WW barbs / zealers / Chargers would all beat this fairly easily if their good.

For WWbarbs, it depends. If they are dual bloodletter or Honor, their %leech will be high enough they will win. If they are not, the %thorns will utterly tear them apart. Don't underestimate how much damage that deals to someone who doesn't leech back. The same is true of zealers; if they leech more then they take, you won't win. However, weaker ones will simply die either way. The spirit wolves, after all, pack out 1500+ damage per volley. Thats alot of damage.

Chargers, on the other hand, are an easy affair. Shockwave/minions simply floor pure chargers. Without zeal, they could not be much easier. The same is true of smiters; you should be wiping the floor with them. If they are the walk/max block/defiance sort, your minions, despite their *very* high AR, will have trouble hitting them. For these, it can be easily done by walking away. They die eventually. If they have to run to catch up to you, the wolves tear them apart.

Quote:
Is Shockwave blockable? I know War Cry is blockable and that makes me really angry when im trying to duel with my wcer.
Does shockwave speed increase with fcr?

Yes and yes. This is why %FCR is key. It can and will be blocked, but as you are using it for STUN, not damage, this isn't that hefty a burden. For a WC barb this knocks out 75% of his effectiveness, but here only a single shockwave needs to make it through.

Quote:
How much shockwave damage are you doing?

I'm not.

Quote:
EDIT: forgot to tell you its a pretty nice guide Smile

<3
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject:  

i was not aware most of your dmg came from thorns.

If their a max block charger (i should have been more specific) then they would def destroy this char. hard to deal with 5k+ phys dmg and max block :/

I know that its for stun, not dmg, i was just wondering what the damage your actually doing is.
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:  

The damage I'm doing is ~315 per wolf. Thats alot more then a max block charger can handle when hes stunlocked and its coming from 5 units at once. Chargers aren't a hard duel. The hard duels are things like wind druids and other strong AOE builds surrounding themselves; hammerdins can be a pain, but aren't quite as tough.
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject:  

Another thing I should make clear; even a single point of poison creeper is NOT worth it.

In a 1v1 situation, with full (+9) summoning skills, it will only do 33-34 damage / 4 seconds. Thats ~1 DPS, assuming your opponent has no resists. With deaths sets or such, it will deal 0 damage.

However, it can prove useful in *certain* duels, where the enemies present multiple tightly clumped targets; its damage rises almost exponentially when it attacks several foes at once; due to quirks in the programming a creeper attacking 5 enemies will deal more then 5x the damage to each one of them.

However, outside of PVM, this will not occur. Unless you are facing another summoner, it will not deal any noticable damage. And even if you are, it will only be the tiniest fraction of what your real summons can do. Its not even worth the measly 1% overall damage gain from 1 more point HOW.

Also, to anyone doubting the damage output; I just dueled the bowazon Laffz, as well as 2 of her cohorts (at the same time, they were quite BM off the bat), and took her down in just 2 volleys.
MiKTeX

BNet Acct/Realm: HAHA JK MY GOOD ACCS GOT BANNED
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:  

Very original. Good idea, too.

I like the fact that it's the first (druid) summoning build I've seen that doesn't recommend/require sitting in town. Lol.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject:  

MiKTeX wrote:
Very original. Good idea, too.

I like the fact that it's the first (druid) summoning build I've seen that doesn't recommend/require sitting in town. Lol.

2nd for me, my friend has a hld tele-grizzly druid haha. its pretty rad.

also, i had an ideal circlet for this build last ladder, but i think i charsi'd it, or gave it away to a friend. 2 summoning, 20 fcr, 30 frw, life and mana...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

very nice origional build..

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject:  

A friend of mine told me about this built like a month ago.. I am planing to make a grizzly one.
sounds like a tight built tho. Smile

baboontilt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject:  

Helm:
Exclamation Rare Pelt:
There is no other option here. You should not attempt this build if you can't get an at least +3 skills helm. I personally use a +2 summons, +3 grizzly helm with various rare mods. You should aim for +grizzly over +spirit wolves, as the damage synergy will give you more then points in wolves would. Add Sol runes in available sockets.
Idealy:
+2 Summons
+3 Grizzly
+3 Spirit Wolf
+2 HOW
+ 2 sockets for sol runes, and whatever mods float your boat.

I thought that +Grizzly from a pelt doesn't add to synergies? Doesn't it have to be base points?
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject:  

Yes you are correct. Having a helm with +grizzly will not raise your spirit wolf damage.

mungloid

BNet Acct/Realm: mungloid--wscl
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject:  

i got a question for over all best damage since shockwave stuns anyway would 3 dire wolves or 1 grizzly be better¿
Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: