LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Who/What Dictates the "Type" of Duelers
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
Some ppl get an idea for a build they havent seen before and since its unseen/unused when it gets built it goes on a rape spree so ppl start to mimic it, and build to counter it.

I remember when trappers started dominating the scene nearly no one used dual claws. It was all hoto+ss or hoto+sanc. Now you never see them anymore

ohhhh 1.10 lol
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
lld_newb wrote:
Zeiris-lld wrote:
A lot of it is probably someone seeing an awesome character they liked and making their own. I built my ES/FB sorc after one tanked my liberator's charge, my HLD fissure town camper after I saw little-cheeze, etc...

Only the really really good guides create an influx of duelers imho. And it doesn't always happen, some (imo) good guides go under the radar. Take poison zons for example.

good example Smile
ya i wanna remake mine... well I gotta give props to food ranger for building it and his friend (my brain won't work) for letting me in on "the build secret"... but ya she is super fun. On remake she'll be much more evil and more deadly. ATM she is my "annoy-a-zon".

My HLD Psn zon is basically invincible 1v1 in a gm duel

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject:  

OutlawHeaven wrote:

My HLD Psn zon is basically invincible 1v1 in a gm duel

Ya before remake she's alreadyhard to beat... but I royally screwed up the hybrid skill allocation. Anyway if I remember correctly she has 45% dr, 75% block, 60'ish chance to dodge, evade, all that jazz, does 120k-134k psn dmg depending on plague or poison jav skill. And I think I gave her like 140'ish frw. So, basically not only can I outrun most everyone, but you have to get past my dodging, evading, and dr to do anything to me... RAWR!

Once I remake and start owning pubs I'll think of a cool name and become famous! While giving credit where credit is due ... of course.

Favorite duel was a ww barb that kept talking shit while I psn'd and ran... I found out he was using antidote pots and ran out... so when i won he was major mad but I had his gold so what could he say lmao.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
lld_newb wrote:
Zeiris-lld wrote:
A lot of it is probably someone seeing an awesome character they liked and making their own. I built my ES/FB sorc after one tanked my liberator's charge, my HLD fissure town camper after I saw little-cheeze, etc...

Only the really really good guides create an influx of duelers imho. And it doesn't always happen, some (imo) good guides go under the radar. Take poison zons for example.

good example Smile
ya i wanna remake mine... well I gotta give props to food ranger for building it and his friend (my brain won't work) for letting me in on "the build secret"... but ya she is super fun. On remake she'll be much more evil and more deadly. ATM she is my "annoy-a-zon".

Thanks for remembering me steve -.-

Anyway, my favorite fun and newish/uniqish build is/was my lovely "Skorm"

Also, concerning the boom of certain kinds of characters, on US East Ladder, last season, after I had made my smiter, there was a large wave of copies of him running around, anyone else from that realm/time remember?

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject:  

Weaj wrote:

Thanks for remembering me steve -.-

Sorry bro... I was tired and on my 4th beer... Embarassed

Besides, you deserted your Western Bretheren and went yelping back to East so can you blame me for forgetting you? ROFL Laughing

Come back to West so I can remember you more... kk thx.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, after Faith there was a crazy amount of smiters for a while...i think Vann is the only one left too, lol

Also, before your bowa I can only remember KC's as being good, and he used a runebow...then Whisk after you. There were plenty more that got made after Jell-O did though, lol. None had the right build for it though, imo

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
Yeah, after Faith there was a crazy amount of smiters for a while...i think Vann is the only one left too, lol

Also, before your bowa I can only remember KC's as being good, and he used a runebow...then Whisk after you. There were plenty more that got made after Jell-O did though, lol. None had the right build for it though, imo

That bolded word there, that just made me realize something, I gave KC that bow, converted it from classic. Its funny how long a small thing like that can last, I don't help a huge deal, but a small thing here or there, I suppose people remember those sort of things.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

Actually, people just ask me. I am the determining factor in the new "type" of dueler.
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject:  

"120k-134k psn dmg" <- Is that with bramble? I guess thorns would be fun with decoy+valk, but doesn't enigma offer too much to ignore?
Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject:  

Zeiris-lld wrote:
"120k-134k psn dmg" <- Is that with bramble? I guess thorns would be fun with decoy+valk, but doesn't enigma offer too much to ignore?
yes that is with bramble. on remake I'll use nig sometimes to "outrun" ppl.

OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

My zon is built around Engima. Mobility outwieghs the damage, in my opinion.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

my cs zon used nigma as well

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject:  

I had a poison barb build I made on a private server. Only one other person before me had one (A really good friend) and he didnt even play it and NO one else had one.. I made one and once I got used to the way he worked I became quite good (Killed smiters, hdins, zons, and sorces easily).

Sure enough a week later after 20 or so had Mh my build their were TONS of posion bow barbs. Every single last one of them sucked because instead of taking time to get used to how the build worked they just used them, died all the time and said 'screw this".

In my opinion its not people who steal your build that piss me off... Its people who steal your build, and suck with it then claim its theirs. Like if a pub took waramps build, sucked horrible balls with it, and them claimed they made it.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:  

Im sure a ton of people on east had a psn multi-shot bowa b4 me, but i made one and was doing somewhere need 11k. ofc ~7-8k of it was psn dmg...But i would pwn Z vs Z (i had high dodge and while we didnt hit eachother, my psn lowered their life) and Z vs S i would just spam multi shot, and when i hit them my psn would bypass their ES and lower then to very little life.

just thought i would share this.

BTW what was "skorm"? ive heard of it b4 (i believe here) but i never really learned what it was.
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: