LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
ISO mld trade forum
Page 4 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next

Should there be a MLD trade forum as well?
Yes, there should be a MLD trade forum.
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
No, there shouldn't be a MLD trade forum.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
I want to buy Dao a pony.
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 29

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
fine. w/e. if nobody wants to put in the effort of allowing people to ask for mld items in the open trades forum i guess ill just use jsp.
You can have a mld iso in the open trades forum. I've already posted this somewhere before, and I have just recently made a post about it in the staff forum. I'll say it loud and clear for everyone:

The trade rules state what you can't do.

If anyone doesn't understand, that's just too damn bad.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject:  

I know i can make a MLD iso, but you have to offer "LLD Stuff". I wanted to be able to trade runes or hld stuff as well as lld stuff for mld stuff.

krajee wrote:
I'll say it loud and clear for everyone:

The trade rules state what you can't do.

Quote:
Trading:
This is a LLD trade forum. You cannot trade high lvl stuff for high lvl stuff here. You must either be offering LLD stuff for LLD stuff, or offering LLD stuff for HLD stuff, or offering HLD stuff for LLD stuff. No mixing is allowed - one side of the trade must be entirely comprised of LLD stuff. "LLD stuff" is defined as anything with a level requirement of 30 or under. Organs and keys (hate, destruction and terror) are considered hld items on this site, despite the fact that they have no level requirements.

If you are trading any type of forum currency (jsp fg, d2xp xp) it must be done in the Open Trades forum. Outside forum currencies are not considered "LLD stuff".

Quote:
2. All the rules of our normal trade forums apply. This includes bumping, posting dupes, etc. When posting an item for trade/ISO, remember to include the realm and L/NL, since this forum is not subdivided by realm. I had thought this one was obvious, but just so it's stated: you cannot trade for real money here.

Theres nothing in the rules about not being able to trade HLD items for MLD items or MLD items for MLD items except that
Quote:
one side of the trade must be entirely comprised of LLD stuff.

THATS why i wanted a mld forum. Since its against the rules to trade mld stuff for mld stuff, or hld stuff for mld stuff.

Also Krajee, i looked around for a bit and didnt see any of your posts about mld.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes just give up, or you could be another bbz.

Leave LLD101, we don't want you trading here!

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject:  

Actually Wank - you're right. Many members don't want this site's focus to extend beyond LLD. Many members don't want people trying to trade high level items on an LLD site. Many members would suggest that you try DTrades, Battle.net, JSP, or any other trading board for your non-LLD needs; either that, or offer people the LLD gear that they're looking for in exchange for your MLD ISO.

But since you seem to think it's a good idea, let's just ignore everyone else's opinion on the matter and continue to bitch and moan about how intransigent the mods are.

yarly
Hong10

BNet Acct/Realm: *QuatroFun *HeLOL / East SC NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject:  

why not just help mld101 grow up instead of changing this site's rules?

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

No, actually I quit arguing Roy, I don't want to get to involved with it. I barely trade on D2 anymore, I just thought that it would be better for the site, sorry for having a different view (I guess?)

Maybe nobody should make any suggestions, that way theres no arguements at all. Heck, delete the Suggestions forum while your at it.

I never looked at this as a mod : user arguement, that idea came from Grim's useless posts. I was under the idea that if the vote turned out 2/3rds majority then the rule would change.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject:  

Just stealth trade mld for hld or w/e like everyone else on here does. Post your iso of lld items, and put a tag on the end to the effect of 'pm me if my iso does not fit your f/t and we can work something out'

Very simple process

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
Just stealth trade mld for hld or w/e like everyone else on here does. Post your iso of lld items, and put a tag on the end to the effect of 'pm me if my iso does not fit your f/t and we can work something out'

Very simple process

lol

Yeah i MLD a lot and theres no need for it here.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject:  

w/e. Im done trying to change the sight to increase traffic and usefulness. It was after all just a suggestion...thats what this forum is here for.
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
w/e. Im done trying to change the sight to increase traffic and usefulness. It was after all just a suggestion...thats what this forum is here for.

No silly, its where you throw your ideas out just to get bashed for your beliefs! What were you thinking.

Quote:

Very simple process

It would be simpler if it wasn't against the rules though. But I like this "w/e" response, so I'll use it.

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Mimes just give up, or you could be another bbz.

Leave LLD101, we don't want you trading here!

Wank wrote:
No silly, its where you throw your ideas out just to get bashed for your beliefs! What were you thinking.

Oh, fer Christ's sake, shut the holy fuck up, would you? Your high-pitched, self-involved complaining is giving me a headache. Sheesh... I don't know how you manage to LLD with your arms nailed to the cross like that. Rolling Eyes

You are so way overboard on your hysterical whining that I went from laughing, to frowning, back to laughing, and now sit somewhere between annoyance and disgust. You make it sound like every time someone suggests something we ban them. Grow up, okay? Seriously. Grow up. Or go away. If this site is such an onerous totalitarian monstrosity, I'm sure there are other LLD sites that will cater to your needs.

Mimes wrote:
w/e. Im done trying to change the sight to increase traffic and usefulness.

For yourself. You still haven't even begun to demonstrate how this would benefit the other users who do not MLD, or improve the quality of the site overall. Would it bring in more traffic? Offer a service wanted by a majority of the users? Include a much-needed service we don't currently offer, that results in the site not fulfilling its obligations to the LLD'ers that come here?

Do you think we just implement every idea that rolls down the pipe? It needs to add value, Mimes. And not just to one or two users. That's one of the reasons we never went with Forum Silver as a trade currency. We didn't see that it would add enough value to what we currently offer to be worth implementing.

Quote:
It was after all just a suggestion...thats what this forum is here for.

Of course, and you're always welcome to make suggestions. You made one, it was discussed. That we didn't immediately congratulate you and shower you with jewels and affection seems to have discombobulated you. Did you think we weren't allowed to disagree or something? Or argue against your position? It just doesn't seem like a service we really need to offer, and you haven't really made any argument to prove otherwise. Were you expecting us to do this just because you wanted us to? I'm confused. You suggest, we discuss, now you're acting defeatist as if the Evil Powers That Be are trying to hold you down.

Roy made the point a bit back that pretty much explains why we don't see the need for a mld section:

Roy wrote:
I'm confused on one point: why can't you post "MLD ISO" in the trade forums here? You just need to offer LLD items in exchange, but most of your audience is going to look for those anyway.

Do you REALLY need to trade MLD or HLD items for MLD items? You absolutely can't offer LLD stuff somewhere in there? See - by removing LLD items from the equation, you actually harm the trade forums, because you decrease the amount of LLD items available for trade. By requiring LLD items to be in a trade, we ensure that. - no matter what is being sought or sold - somehow an LLD item will be in the mix. If you trade MLD for MLD//HLD items, you automatically removing LLD from the equation, which in no way benefits our traders seeking LLD items.

[FYI - "Buy Dao a Pony" is currently winning. I expect my pony to come in the mail after this thread is done.]

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
[FYI - "(I want to) Buy Dao a Pony" is currently winning. I expect my pony to come in the mail after this thread is done.]

I hate to disappoint you, but there is a difference between want and will. I'd love to buy you a pony, so says my vote, but I'm not going to do it. Next time, to improve your chances of actually getting a pony, you might want to make the option "We will buy Dao a pony." (It's cheaper for everyone when you split the costs) Wink

P.S. I'd need your mailing address too.

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
w/e. Im done trying to change the sight to increase traffic and usefulness.

Yes, adding a MLD forum could potentially increase site traffic - thus bringing in people who do not care about LLD to an LLD forum. Do you see why that could be a problem?

I'm always amused at people who play the "site traffic" card here, as though it's the end-all rhetorical instrument. There are plenty of other ways that we could increase site traffic: expand this forum to games outside Diablo 2; bring back the Fire Pit to generate immediate site traffic; restore banned members who are interested in LLD.

Unfortunately, none of these methods furthers the explicit purpose of this site: provide a constructive atmosphere for LLD's to interact with other LLD's. Having a place for MLD's to trade FG for MLD items doesn't serve that purpose either.

Mimes wrote:
It was after all just a suggestion...thats what this forum is here for.

Perhaps if you could get more than three people to agree with you, we'd implement your suggestion. But do you think we're insulting you by not immediately kowtowing to your every wish? We appreciate the fact that you want to improve this site. But that doesn't mean we're going to incorporate every single suggestion that passes through here, especially when the crux of the argument is "I want it so give it to me."

yarly
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject:  

Aqua wrote:
I hate to disappoint you, but there is a difference between want and will.

Dammit! Defeated by semantics again! *shakes fist at English language*

Aqua wrote:
P.S. I'd need your mailing address too.

Stalker. Stay outta my trash cans.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:

Very simple process

Seems like Imp's the only one who realizes this is how trades get done frequently for stuff involving mld/hld items on this site.

Don't get bitchy because you didnt get what you want, find a way to get around it.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Page 4 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: