LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
ISO mld trade forum
Page 3 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next

Should there be a MLD trade forum as well?
Yes, there should be a MLD trade forum.
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
No, there shouldn't be a MLD trade forum.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
I want to buy Dao a pony.
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 29

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:

I'm going to go out on a whim and say atleast 90% of our current members were once retard hld pubs who made generic llds. Who are you to turn them away? IMO attitudes like this don't help the site grow.

We're turning them away because they can't trade MLD or HLD stuff for MLD or HLD stuff? They can come here, chat on our boards, read our guides, and trade their MLD, HLD or d2jp FG for LLD items here. I'd say that's pretty welcoming. The only thing they can't do is trade exclusively in MLD or HLD, and why is that? Because we are not about MLD or HLD. We are about facilitating low level dueling. Hence the name of the site. What you're asking for has nothing whatsoever to do with low level dueling.

There's a site: mld101.com, and set it up for mid-level duelers. It's pretty quiet, but why not go try to change that, hmm? You could likely get a trade forum set up there.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
IMO attitudes like this don't help the site grow.

Neither do attitudes that think standing up to the mods on a forum is a good thing to do Rolling Eyes.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject:  

hes not really standing up against mods... hes just voicing his opinion which happens to be on the opposite side of the mods.

this site would still be mainly for llds...but would having a few more mlds join the site really hurt it?

If you dont want to make a forum exclusively for mld will you allow mld trading in the open forum? hld 4 mld/mld 4 mld/ lld 4 mld?

we dont need hl trading.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject:  

I'm confused on one point: why can't you post "MLD ISO" in the trade forums here? You just need to offer LLD items in exchange, but most of your audience is going to look for those anyway.

yarly
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:  

well being able to offer runes helps a lot... and you cant offer them unless their lower then amn.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject:  

* Lower than Dol.

So offer SoJ's. What's the problem?

yarly
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Wank wrote:
IMO attitudes like this don't help the site grow.

Neither do attitudes that think standing up to the mods on a forum is a good thing to do Rolling Eyes.

Standing up to the mods? I've not taken anything personal nor have I made any personal attacks, it just so happens that most mods aren't in favor of this, so of course thats who the debate goes to. Sue me for not being afraid to voice an opinion.

Dao Jones wrote:
The only thing they can't do is trade exclusively in MLD or HLD

Why not just tackle LLD and MLD together. Pretty much every mlder is a member here, and mld101 isnt very popular. I don't understand why this is such a problem.

Maybe HLD is a little out there, but MLD? Where else can you go? The only MLD site I know of I had a full char ft there and got 0 offers, I put a few of my gcs on here and got 3 people that needed.

Dao Jones wrote:
It's pretty quiet, but why not go try to change that, hmm? You could likely get a trade forum set up there.

Easy for you to say since you don't play d2, but go try and do a few trades on MLD101 and tell me how it goes.

Roy wrote:
So offer SoJ's. What's the problem?

The problem with soj's is if they aren't perm, they're worthless (atleast on west, I can't speak for other realms)

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
The problem with soj's is if they aren't perm, they're worthless (atleast on west, I can't speak for other realms)

Unperm sojs might not be worth anything on these forums, but I know for a fact that people are still buying/selling them on forums like jsp.

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject:  

Not everyone likes dealing with/in sojs. I for one do not. Thats why i scarcely play nonladder any more.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject:  

It's no different than dealing in HR's though. If you want to trade currency for MLD items, both 15 life SC's and SoJ's work. And you can always offer LLD items for your MLD ISO.

yarly
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
mld101 isnt very popular.

Quote:
I don't understand why this is such a problem.

You answered #2 with #1. And while I wouldn't say it's a "problem", what I would say is that the basic consensus is that there just isn't enough interest to warrant the adjustment. Again, the point should be remade that this is LLD101.com, which, as far as Diablo 2 goes, involved dueling level 30 and below.

Honestly, if we allow MLD-MLD trades, then why not HLD-HLD? And if we allow HLD, then why not duped items? People trade dupes everywhere but here. Know why we don't trade dupes here? Not because people don't ask for it (because they definitely ask for it), but because we have decided that our mission statement precludes such trades being allowed.

Likewise, our mission statement is to cater to low level dueling. Technically, the minute you express interest in, or begin to trade for mid or high level items, we no longer have any expectation to assist you. We have no current plans to expand to include mid-level dueling. It's not what we are about, and it's not what the site was implemented for. We allow discussion outside of LLD talk in General and Off-Topic, because there's really no reason to prevent it. But we do have reasons to keep trade centered around LLD, which have already been stated.

On a side note: can we all try to NOT frame every goddamn issue on this board as "Some Side versus the Mods"? We're not "a side", people. We just maintain the board. Many suggestions are implemented, and even those we don't all like (forum gold, for example), have been implemented if we determine there's a good enough reason to do so. But we're not "against" anyone. We are technically neutral.

Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:  

all you mods generally seem to be against change tho :/

...and i would certainly not say you and Roy are neutral as far as a mld trade forum.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
all you mods generally seem to be against change tho :/

Because we're the ones that actually have to do the work. Also, we're not against change. We're against unnecessary change. Your first post was basically this:

Mimes wrote:
I know it might not get as much traffic as other forums, but i think it would be a huge help to those of us who also mld.

See, this was the same problem Breakbeatz2 had. He just assumed that if HE wanted something, it must therefore follow that it would be a HUGE benefit to every single member of this site. To respond to the text in the bolded section above:

Dao Jones wrote:
Technically, the minute you express interest in, or begin to trade for mid or high level items, we no longer have any expectation to assist you.

Mimes wrote:
...and i would certainly not say you and Roy are neutral as far as a mld trade forum.

Actually, you'll find nowhere I've said I will not agree to this suggestion. But I generally argue one or another side until I feel that the issue has been adequately discussed. I was actually on both sides of the forum gold argument, and ultimately only came down on the "for" side when I decided it would be good for the site. When I said "we are neutral", I did not mean to imply "we do not have an opinion on any given subject". I meant to imply we act without bias or prejudice in regard to decisions made for the good of the site. The site's overall quality is our only concern. (Well, mine at least. I won't speak for anyone else.)

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
hes not really standing up against mods... hes just voicing his opinion which happens to be on the opposite side of the mods.

You obviously haven't read Imp's other posts...

Wank wrote:
Break had the balls to question authority, something most people on this site don't have.

Rolling Eyes
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject:  

fine. w/e. if nobody wants to put in the effort of allowing people to ask for mld items in the open trades forum i guess ill just use jsp.
Page 3 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: