LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
The level 12 vLLD Fissure!!
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject:  The level 12 vLLD Fissure!!
Subject description: *The vLLD fissure druids bible*

Kay, saw someone elses guid to a level 12 fissure druid and it reminded me of this guide I made. I think the other guy was all wrong (sorry not to be rude just honest Confused) so I dug through the forums and found my guide. It never made it to this thread. Please give your honest feedback.

Ok I was looking in "The sticky" and to my surprise there is absolutley no level 12 druid guides. So I wanted to make one to fill the hole. I thought about the gear, the stats, the skills for quite some time now, and I think I have figured out a somewhat good fissure druid build.

Ok this build is a Replenish Fissure Druid. Ive been thinking about it and this seems like the best druid that you can get.

Skill points:

Hell rushed you should have 23 points. Giving you more then enough space for max fissure damage.

12 firestorm
7 moulten boulder
1 fissure
3 Oak sage

This gave me the maximum damage for both firestorm and fissure. However if you would rather invest into life rather then damage then go 7 oak sage and 3 moulten boulder.

Synergies

I know that some of the newer players might ask themselves "what are synergies". To put it in stupid, its a skill that when you invest your skill points into it, it benifits another skill.

The things in the red box are synergies. Fissure is a synergie for firestorm because If I put a point into fissure then firestorm will also get a benifit. So If I put a point into one of the things in the red box they will benifit firestorm. It works with alot of diffrent things. Look on the skill tree and try it yourself.

Just wanted to clarify that Wink for anyone who was wondering.

Firestorm

Aside from being a synergie for fissure it is also your second attack. This is your close range combat attack. And if made right can be vicious. Espeacilly with the lower resistance of vLLD.

Fissure

Your Main attack. The Fissure Druid is nothing without.. Well fissure. Fissure is a random fire attack. You have no control over it except for the general area. It works best when your opponent is running around. It is also a synergie for Firestorm

Moulten Boulder

A synergie for Firestrom. It is very slow and moves in a strait path and is easily avoidable. It is suggested that you dont use it for anything other then making firestorm stonger. When hit by it it will knock your opponent back hitting them over and over again until the boulder reaches its end point (which isnt to far) and explodes causing fire damage withing a certain radius.

Oak Sage

A great way to increase life. If you would rather have life then damage then spend your points more into Oak sage rather then moulten boulder. It starts out at increasing 35% of your total life and increases your life every 5%. It is also a great distraction for minions. Use it to your advantage.

Stats:

Hell rushed you should have 70 stat points. This isnt alot but we will have to make due with what he have.

Base Stats:

15 Strength
20 Dexterity
25 Vitality
20 Energy

This leaves a base of
55 life
20 mana

Finished Stats:

61 Strength <------ Give or take (depends on your jewelery etc.)
37 Dexterity <----Max block with sigs shield (if you use gear I suggest)
25 Vitality
20 Energy

Rest of the points be placed into either vitality or energy (depending if your mana challenged)

Gear: This didnt take very long to figure out. Mainly the weapon was the hardest part.

Shield: Sigons Tower Shield socketed with a -15 req jewel and try to find one with damage to mana (dtm) mod (it will help) Str req: 75 With -15 req: 64

Boots: Again Sigons, 20 frw and 40 cold resist Str req: 70

Gloves: Bloodfists are the best choice here. 30% fhr with 40 life is not good. Str req: 0

Weapon: Warscepter of Regrowth- +10 life replenish war scepter, socket it with dtm jewels. Life/Mana rep: 10/0 Str req: 55

Ammy: I would say go with a ammy with +5 str/+5 dex life replenish, We will go with +3 life replenish. Life/Mana rep: 3/0

Rings: Go with +2 str/+2 dex + life replenish. We will go with +2 life replenish on each rings. The greatest part of a fissure/fire druider is you dont need fcr. Life/Mana rep: 4/0

Note: Another option on rings/ammy is angelics combo. If you are planning on making a public fire druid and not a tourney druid then I suggest angelics. (be warned, you will not be considerd vLLD if you use angelics combo)

Helm: Your main goal is to go for a +3 firestorm/+3 fissure helm with 3 sockets socket it with 3x skulls. Since these are insanly hard to find try and find a +3 fissure first, always 3 sockets aswell, each socket is crucial to a vLLD. Life/Mana rep: 12/36 Str req: Depends on pelt

Belt: Deaths sash, You want the "cannot be frozen" mod.

Armor: 4 socketed gothic with 4x regular skulls in it. Life/Mana rep: 15/48 Str req: 70

On switch have another Scepter of regrowth with +10 life replenish and a 2 socket boneshield with 30/20 mod and 17 fhr with 2 sockets. Socket with 2x dtm jewels.

Charms

You have exactly 40 spaces in your inventory. Here is what I think is the best choice of charms:

14-16 +15 life large charms. If they have mods like mana that is also a bonus
2-3 Faster hit recovery Mana Gcs- Along with giving you some faster hit recovery you will also need mana, and although you can regenerate mana preety quickly it is always a good idea to still have a good solid amount.

The reason I said put your points into str and dex is because your real life actually comes from the gear and charms. You will get alot more life in charms then you will having alot of strength charms and putting skill points into vitality.

Note: You may take points off in a stat if you have more +str gear then my guide suggests

Total Life/Mana Replenish:

Life- 44
Mana- 84% (not to mention the dtm jewels)

Ive noticed that gennarly vLLD duels are small quick damage fights. The fissure druid is constantly running, so at 44 life regen any damage you have should heal up fairly quickly. Giving you a large advantage over your opponent.

Total Damage: Using the skill tree I gave you plus a +3 fissure/+3 firestorm helm I got this damage

Firestorm: 212-249 fire damage
Fissure: 95-119 fire damage

Even though it looks like fissure is a waste compared to firestorm I have noticed that it seems to hit alot more.

Strategies:

Casters:

For casters its pretty simple. Keep your sigon on at all times, Keep your distance somewhat close. Lay out fissures in random spots so that its always a true guessing game. If they start getting confused they will run all over the place, which in turn makes them run strait into alot of fissures (laying out a pattern of fissures, say infront of them all the time, will give them a clue that once a old fissure stops they should turn aroun to avoid the new fissure). If they get close enough start barraging them with firestorms.

Smiters/Zealots/Melee:

Always try to keep your distance from these guys. Try and run and lay out a fissure and do this over and over. If you do not wish to keep running then lay out a fissure switch to your 17 fhr bone shield (espeacially when they are zealots) and run around in and around it. Once they get really close then barrage them with firestorm.

Chargers:

TURN ON WALK! This is important. Lay out a fissure and walk around it. DO NOT LAY A FISSURE OUT TO THEM. The fissure is your damage sheild from them. Make sure you keep it where you are. If you throw one at them then your left helpless once they charge away from it. If they think they are smart by waiting for the fissure to dissapear then just recast it where you stand and always keep moving. Use the time they wont attack to replenish your life. If they still wont move then get closer to them and cast a fissure at them then try your best to get as close to the fissure as you can.

Summon Necros:

Lay a fissure into the bulk of the minions. Fissures will slaughter necro minions which gives to a huge advantage. Just keep casting fissures and let the minions follow you (but not attack you). Once they are gone then finish off the necro. (99% of the time they are helpless at this stage)

Remember that fissure is strongest when people are moving. Try and confuse your opponent and make them run in circles. The more they move the more they are gonna get hit.

Disclaimer
This guide was written by Mega Moose for use only at LLD101. Do not copy this guide without my explicit permission, or you will face the consequences.

That is all I have right now, I will post more If need be. Feedback always wanted Wink.

Last edited by AmishSpeedGoat on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry, I never knew that you made a level 12 Fissure Druid guide xP. Maybe I was wrong on some of the parts of my guide. Shocked
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:
Sorry, I never knew that you made a level 12 Fissure Druid guide xP. Maybe I was wrong on some of the parts of my guide. Shocked

Lol dont be sorry! Its not like I want it all for myself. Its great to make guides (even if someone else made them) and I salute you for making a odd build guide!

I disagree with some of your build items but thats me. It doesnt mean you where wrong in yours. Mines a healer build yours is more of a brute build. Nothing wrong with that Smile.
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

Great guide. Although I suggest going all stat points into Vitality, always.

Get that dancing fat man out of your avatar please.
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

Lol thanks. The reason I didnt is because you would probobly get more life from life charms then you would if you used str/dex charms and put points into vitality.

Hey, its not like that one guys avatar. You know, the one with White goodman being a fatass and rubbing himself. But ive been thinking of a avatar change anyways :p.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry to disappoint you, but Sigon's Sabot (Sigon Boots) requires 70 strength to use xP. Also, nice strategies on how to duel different kinds of characters. Do you suggest to use Molten Boulder as an skill to be used in a duel for the "knock back"?
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

Edit: Ooh I see what you mean. Thanks

And no, moulten boulder would take to long in a real duel and is so slow that it would be almost worthless. Its just a synergy.

Last edited by AmishSpeedGoat on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The level 12 vLLD Fissure!!

Quote:
Weapon: Warscepter of Regrowth- +10 life replenish war scepter, socket it with +str jewels. Life/Mana rep: 10/0 Str req: 55

At lvl 12 you still can't get +str jewels

AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The level 12 vLLD Fissure!!

Visual Tactics wrote:
Quote:
Weapon: Warscepter of Regrowth- +10 life replenish war scepter, socket it with +str jewels. Life/Mana rep: 10/0 Str req: 55

At lvl 12 you still can't get +str jewels

Opps... I had the scepter made for a 15 druid, so str and dex jewels where possible. I put that down without thinking. Thanks for catching that.
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:  

Other things I just noticed:

1) You cant get +10rep life on the war scepter, you want 'of Regeneration' (+5 life rep)
So in that case, maybe Skewer of Krintiz (Sabre) +10str +10dex or a 6s crystal with jewels might be a better choice? I'm not sure

2) Sigs shield has a base of 75str, sigs boots 70 base str

I'm not sure dtm would be the best choice for your helm/shield, especially if this is for the arena since you would be dueling all elemental chars and the smiter. Dtm only gives you mana when you are hit by a meele attack so you wont gain anything. I'd suggest anything close to: +5energy/+5life/+10mana jewel.

Other than that, it looks pretty good Smile

AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject:  

Visual Tactics wrote:
Other things I just noticed:

1) You cant get +10rep life on the war scepter, you want 'of Regeneration' (+5 life rep)
So in that case, maybe Skewer of Krintiz (Sabre) +10str +10dex or a 6s crystal with jewels might be a better choice? I'm not sure

2) Sigs shield has a base of 75str, sigs boots 70 base str

I'm not sure dtm would be the best choice for your helm/shield, especially if this is for the arena since you would be dueling all elemental chars and the smiter. Dtm only gives you mana when you are hit by a meele attack so you wont gain anything. I'd suggest anything close to: +5energy/+5life/+10mana jewel.

Other than that, it looks pretty good Smile

Im fairly certain you can get +10 rep on a ws at level 12. I havent played in awhile but ill check. Maybe its just the bot I have downloaded (It ignores some mods for some reason, so the level is lower then it should be) but Ill check.. And I got the boots base str confused with the gloves base str, as for the sigons shield thats the req after a -req jewel was put into it. Smile

Edit: I went shopping and found 2x scepters both with the last mod "Regrowth" they had +9 rep and +10 rep both level 12 req.

Lol thanks for proof reading and finding my typos Smile.
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

ah ok i guess affix calc is a bit off.

Quote:
Shield: Sigons Tower Shield Str req: 70 With -15 req: 64

Shield: Sigons Tower Shield Str req: 75 With -15 req: 64 Wink

AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject:  

Touche salesman.

Lol time to fix :p
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:  

in the shield you could toss a hel rune. -20% reqs...but i guess since u need 70 str neways 4 boots it wouldn't matter.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject:  

hel is only 20% in weapons

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: