LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 30, 2024 10:49 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Help me with my lvl 59 wwsin
Page 3 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
yelos_back

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:  

wOOt wrote:
well mld wwsins dont have those usual extra 2x points free that u have on a higher wwsin..

Yeah, I realize that.

So my recommendation would be fade too. At later levels, its like 3 points per % for Claw Block, so I don't think that is efficient.
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:  

ye.. fade for teh win <3

Meathead

BNet Acct/Realm: Clearlake, CA
0.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:  

yelos_back wrote:
Oh, btw, a point in DTalon is beautiful against casters such as sorcs, windies, etc. Fast application of OW and Venom is deadly. It also helps keep them stunned.

i have +dtalon on my claw.

R.I.P. Meathead-WtG - ex-#1 lvl 30 ww barb on west lad. and NL(when lad. reset i beat the #1 nl barb)

/w *Meathead *WtG-Kill

Gheed wrote:
Yea, I'm anal like that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject:  

Guills is a MANDATORY item for all mld'ers bro. As an mld forget about maxing your dr cuz it only helps your build marginally. Go for more dmg and all the cb/ds that helm offers. It's ugly... but effective.

I gots your 3trap/30frw switch helm when u build her Wink

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Guills is a MANDATORY item for all mld'ers bro. As an mld forget about maxing your dr cuz it only helps your build marginally. Go for more dmg and all the cb/ds that helm offers. It's ugly... but effective.

not true.

i used a guillames and a +3 shadow/2 socket life circlet on my mld wwsin. the circlet did much better. but the rarity of them hurts. and if you dont have dr% elsewhere. a gaze (08 preferably) is extremely useful.

they only time guillames was better was vs. very high life builds (some barbs/druids) the circlet was better for the rest.

and vs. melee if you dont have high-max dr% your not going to do well.

yelos_back

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject:  

Kill. wrote:
yelos_back wrote:
Oh, btw, a point in DTalon is beautiful against casters such as sorcs, windies, etc. Fast application of OW and Venom is deadly. It also helps keep them stunned.

i have +dtalon on my claw.

That works too Cool
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:  

Sad wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:

not true.

i used a guillames and a +3 shadow/2 socket life circlet on my mld wwsin. the circlet did much better. but the rarity of them hurts. and if you dont have dr% elsewhere. a gaze (08 preferably) is extremely useful.

they only time guillames was better was vs. very high life builds (some barbs/druids) the circlet was better for the rest.

If dr is that critical why not shaft armor + one of the great helms you suggested?

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject:  

shaft is slow as hell.. and duress > it anyday..
dr comes from fade anyways..

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Sad wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:

not true.

the only time guillames was better was vs. very high life builds (some barbs/druids) the circlet was better for the rest.

If dr is that critical why not shaft armor + one of the great helms you suggested?

Sin's should use fade which covers the majority of their dr% issues. usually a fade build + string yields 45-50% dr.

dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:  

Okay. Misinformation about venom and prebuffing going on here.

You CAN prebuff with facets. You also benefit more from the facets if you wear them both when you cast venom and when you attack with it.

Venom is one of the five skills (Enchant, Venom, Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, Holy Shock) which recieve a double-mastery effect. Now, masteries (which the +% damage on facets counts as) increases the damage of that element... obviously. Now, it increases the damage when you cast the spell, and also when you attack with it (NOTE: only works for melee attacks. An HLD using a widowmaker won't benefit from the double application). An example to illustrate:

We have 1,000 venom damage, and a 50% boost to venom damage.

The 1,000 damage is increased by 50% when you cast venom, giving 1500 damage.

We then attack, and that 1500 damage is multiplied by 1.5 again, giving 2250 damage. That's a 125% increase in damage, from 50% poison mastery, and why bramble gives ridiculous venom damage on a pvp sin.

The good thing about this is that it gets better, the more mastery you have. If we have +100%, we end up dealing 4x the damage we would otherwise, for a +300% gain.

Now, when we're prebuffing with facets. Let's say we have 1k venom damage, prebuff with a 100% bonus, but only attack with a 50% bonus. We cast with the bonus, giving us 2k damage, and then attack, increasing the 2k damage by 50%, to 3k damage.

-------------------------

As for the build itself; Well, this'll obviously change depending whether you're going for level 58 or 59 (Note this advice is for <59). Use either crow caw or duress for your armour - crow caw has fantastic mods, but unfortunately is in an utterly shithouse base armour, duress gives mass OW and FHR in a base of your choice. Unless you have an awesome rare claw, Um'd tucs and chaos (in a GT) make a decent enough pair of claws. Trang gloves for the massive venom boost and fcr. I'll be different here, and advocate a caster craft for a belt, because you desperately need it unless you want to wear a vipermagi for your armour (which is a strong build, though more suited to ww/trappers IMO), plus a rare/crafted belt can be a very good source of resistances, fhr and life/stats. Gores on your feet for what should be obvious reasons. One fcr ring and a ravenfrost, and use a +3 shadow/10 fcr amulet to hit the 42% fcr breakpoint. The helm... IMO a shadow/life circlet is superior to a gaze, for the extra venom, claw mastery, claw block, and socket.

With a duress, you'll need a 15 IAS jewel somewhere for decent kick and trap laying speed. Crow Caw has IAS on it already, so it gives an extra 10% bonus to venom (not 5) over duress - keep that in mind. IMO it's a far more offensive armour than duress, giving more venom damage, and more OW, but sacrificing some FHR and your run speed.

Also... don't go to level 59. You REALLY don't want to have to compete with grief and fort. Keep in mind your own whirlwind will be a low level, and so will have the massive phys damage nerf on it that level 1-7 whirlwinds get.

As far as damage... With a crow caw and bartucs, no prebuff, you should be knocking on 2k applied venom damage and 70% OW. With a prebuff (2x +3 shadow/2 facets only, not a full prebuff kit), you can hit 2.8k venom damage.

With 20 venom/20 CM/7 Weapon Block/2 MB/1 Shadow Master/1 WoF (with above setup) (you said you had LS, DF and DT on your chaos...?), you get 60% claw block, 2-2.8k venom damage, 32-28% DR (from fade only, dependant on prebuff), 6 second swirly duration on MB, and 2 kicks on talon (I doubt talon will be worth it anyway. Your WW will have a higher AR thanks to maxed CM and extensive +shadow, and be faster, and you move while in it).

Lock 'em down with traps and MB, then DF in and whirl.
Page 3 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: