LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 17, 2024 6:22 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Xthe_Gx LVl 14 Hybrid Hammer/Bowa Sin
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
xthe_gx

BNet Acct/Realm: UGA
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:  Xthe_Gx LVl 14 Hybrid Hammer/Bowa Sin
Subject description: Sticky this mods :P

Xthe_gx lvl 14 Hyrbid Sin

Guide Assumes that you have been grushed. My opioinon if your not wanting to take the time to Grush your vlld-lld, your not looking to make the best possible dueler, and that is not what this is intended.

Skill Placement

14 Physic Hammer

1 Claw Mastery

9 Bos

1 Cloak of shadow

Gear: The Nuts and Bolts of the guide:

Although its hybrid, you do have to make a stash switch out to use alternative attacks

Hammer Set up:
(Goal 65 fcr..yes its posssible)

Weapon : Malestorm wand, socketed with 6 dex jewel
There is rather no choice on weapon the 30fcr..is nessarry

Jewerly:
Fcr/Replen/moded Rings, any ammy... this gets you to 60 fcr

Belt: Lvl 14 crafted fcr belt, you just need 5 more fcr to make bp

Boots: Cow kings, The 30frw, and 20 dex makes this the best choice

Gloves: Bfirsts, 30fhr, 10ias, 40 life..best option

Sheild: 17fhr/30/20//mana Shield

Armor: BlinkBat With a ruby inside: 4ofhr, 10frw

Charms: 10x 10life/mod scs.. and 9x frw//ar/mana gcs
5 strengh charm, 1-2 cold sc.

Reason you want to use a strengh lc, and 1-2 cold sc is because
when you strengh gltich your bow, your arrows are invisible making it harder to dodge, and the 1-2 cold sc freezes non death belt users, to slow them down.

This Set up works well against most llds, because of the frw, and decent damage, however people with mdr your goign to have a probelm with thus the reasion for the bow set up!!!

Bow Set up:

Weapon : 5os Short War bow
(30 strengh requirement, 40 dex)
ONly make sure to get 25 strengh, and use a 5 strengh lc
Place 5 emearlds here (2oo posion damage)

Armor: 3os breast plate, with 3x 20 posion jewels.

Helm : 3os mask with 3x 20 posion jewels

jewlery: Anglics rings, and ammy (Ar,dex,life)

Death glove, and belt...can nont be frozen 3oias..

The great thing about this build is you hav around

Goals To reach:
85 Fhr
600 life
1k Ar using bow set up
150 frw

You will find that this builds is very fun to play..Enjoy
Xthe_gx
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject:  

not too many ppl have crazy mdr at that lvl so i would say fearin mdr is just waste of time..

VexSoul

BNet Acct/Realm: *cashback ESCL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject:  

I think too many people will be using deaths to make a good use out of the poison- you might need more AR to hit with the bow, and more max damage.
I love the psy hammer part. Very Happy

tsr

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast SC Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject:  

Let's see what happens to 200 poison damage in PvP.

200 * 1/10 (PvP reduction) * 1/4 (max psn resists) * 1/4 (75% poison reduction from deaths) = 1.25 damage.

Also, Level 14 Psychic Hammer does only 18-21 damage. That's only 3-3.5 damage in pvp. So really anyone with like 2 mdr, which isn't uncommon, will give you a hard time. Even without mdr, you'll be fighting people with 300-350 life. That's 100 psychic hammers, which is well 720 mana. And I just dont see how this build could support that amount for that long.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see how you'll ever finish someone off with this.
wOOt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject:  

18-21 magic damage & 18-21 damage mdr makes u hit 1-1.5magic pvp dmg and 3-3.5 damage which is 4-5pvp dmg..
learn bit about the game be4 u post sumten like that?
anyways.. hammersin hardly works in lvl 18 so i wouldnt make it 14..

tsr

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:  

Oh my bad on forgetting to mention the aspect of normal damage reduction. I was only stating the effects of the magical damage and it's effects with mdr. As far as physical damage is concerned, same thing.

You deal 3-3.5 physical and 3-3.5 magic. If someone has 3 mdr and 3 dr, you simply won't kill them. If they have only 3 mdr or 3 dr, you won't kill them. If they don't have any mdr or dr, you won't kill them.

Reasoning behind that being that you deal 6-7 damage total. Against someone with 400 life (easy to do by lvl 14), you would need to hit on average 62 times to kill them. And that's assuming they don't have any dr, mdr or life replenish. 62 psychic hammers is the equivalent of 446 mana. There is no way you're level 14 will be able to have that much mana or enough mana regen to maintain that cost.

Most likely, you'd get off 10 hammers before burning your mana. Dealing on average 65 damage. Then you're out of mana and most likely (as it seems this build is intended to do), you'll run. And you'll keep running until you can get enough mana to toss a few more hammers around that will deal negligible damage.

So really, I just don't see the point. You can run and run and run, but no one wants to chase the same person for an hour. Needless to say that a charger or ranged attacker will have his way with you.
xthe_gx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:  

I have dueld serveral llds, and I don't find the problem in wining, I do decent enough damage, that only often takes 3 or less mana pots to finish them off. The posion aspect was AS mentioned above, for pubs that use sigon sets, that gives the mdr bonus.

Fact most sigon users are pubs with low life, almost no resistance to posion, and often can take them out with 1-3 arrows..which they can not see.

Furthermore, you keep calculating 200 posion damage..but your failing to see that i have an alterative switch out gear, that grants up to 400 posion damage, so the damage is double with which you say.

Second your math is wrong, because of the cast glitch the damage of phyic hammer is APPLIED twice...Doing 50-60 damage...Just for your fyi
I can easily test this

Nor was i suggesting that this builds was for a lvl 18 open tournement, if anything it woud obviously fall under 15..
If you have a 15 and wish to challange my character, Lets see if your math on pvp pentalies truely adds up.

The Intention of this Guide...Is to create a character that is not another simple cookie cutter...If you want to stick to cookie cutter builds, then this is not your build!!!! And go write the 1000x guide to the Ts sin, or scardin..
Bakaraver

BNet Acct/Realm: BISH LAND.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject:  

i have a 15 and challenge your character. west NL?

id post my necs stuff i knew how to ss.

xthe_gx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:  

forgot to say Nonladder EAST
Bakaraver

BNet Acct/Realm: BISH LAND.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:  

BOOOOOOOOOOO.

And what is this glitch you speak of about PsyHammer?

id post my necs stuff i knew how to ss.

crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject:  

when a buddy of mine quit he gave me a 15 sin set up i didnt know what the hell he was doing with a ravenclaw but i belive his sin may have been a similar build. is there any way to mesh the gear together so you dont have to do a stash swap? i know there's probably not since you'd need ar from angelics for bow and fcr for hammer, but i do so hate stash swapping. especially in pub games where you'll get most char types coming at you.

just wondering why didnt you go to 15? dont you have access to +1tree stuff at that level? which would let you get some +skills to hammer.

tsr

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Fact most sigon users are pubs with low life, almost no resistance to posion, and often can take them out with 1-3 arrows..which they can not see.
Well alright, so you might do ~40 damage to sigons user. But to any serious lld with an idea what they're doing, you'd still only be doing 2.5 damage.
Quote:
Furthermore, you keep calculating 200 posion damage..but your failing to see that i have an alterative switch out gear, that grants up to 400 posion damage, so the damage is double with which you say.
Good call, let me correct myself. 1.25*2=2.5. Much better
Quote:
Second your math is wrong, because of the cast glitch the damage of phyic hammer is APPLIED twice...Doing 50-60 damage...Just for your fyi
I can easily test this
I will honestly admit that I don't know anything about this. I know psychic hammer does physical and magic damage, but I don't know anything about both those being doubled.
Quote:
Nor was i suggesting that this builds was for a lvl 18 open tournement, if anything it woud obviously fall under 15..
If you have a 15 and wish to challange my character, Lets see if your math on pvp pentalies truely adds up.
If I was on NL, I would probably use a charger or a smiter with 1 rank charge or a double throw barb and they'd simply plow through you. Sadly, I'm not on NL.
Quote:
The Intention of this Guide...Is to create a character that is not another simple cookie cutter...If you want to stick to cookie cutter builds, then this is not your build!!!! And go write the 1000x guide to the Ts sin, or scardin..
To me it seems like the only success of this build is something that can run really fast and maybe. . .maybe kill a very unexperienced LLD or a pubbie noob.

But on the topic of being creative and imaginative, I think I'm gonna write up a build for a telekenesis sorc. Bah, nevermind. Some things just aren't met to be. . . There's a reason people use "cookie cutters." It's because they're optimal builds and you win duels by having the best build, not by being the most creative.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. If you want, and I would appreciate this a lot. Post a video of you dueling and illustrating this double cast glitch. I'd apprecaite also knowing what your opponent is using.
wOOt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject:  

actually funny thing about this build is if u make it lvl 18.. get 102fcr bp and just mass mana gcs / energy so u can spam hammers almost all day.. u can notice that with 102fcr charge gets stunned back quite nicely.. and if the opponent is gm he wont pot mana and u dont need to pot it either.. and no need to compare hammersin to cookie cutter builds.. wheres all da fun if all just build these powerbuilds such as zealot or jabber at lvl 18.. me myself wont ever build 29 hammerpala.. 18zealot or 30fb sorc just for teh reason that their just too easy to play Wink

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: