LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
How should FS (Forum Silver) be earned??
Page 6 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject:  

thats the thing tho. they dont want to sell for FS for real money. thats what this topic is about.
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

Then that limits alot of options. You dont want to give so few out that no one has any. At the same time you dont want to hand out so much that it becomes worthless.

But Im not a admin, so its not like Im going to be changing anything lol.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:  

Giving it only to tournament winners is a bad idea because not enough people will have access to it and there will be too little FS to spread around.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject:  

i was thinking about it and i think this could work...
we should just come up with an initial value for it like 5 fs = 1 soj, and then nobody has any, and if you want any, you have to trade items to an admin for it, and then those items go into a sort of lld101 FS store.

people can only buy items from the store using fs, and people can only initially get fs by selling items to the store. the admins get no personal gain off it (although maybe they should get a little cause it sounds like a nice bit of work Razz) and it's a fair way to let everyone get some fs. how much you get depends on how much you sell to the store!

it would give fs a value right away since if someone wants something from the stor they can ONLY get it through fs. the only thing is youd have to have a limit on items.. like say hotspurs wer worth 1 fs, someone could farm like 50 hotspurs easily and just sell them all to the store... maybe like one the store gets 10 of a certain item they will stop accepting that item until they are low on stocks again or something... and some items wont be worth anything.. only useful stuff
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject:  

Whos going to manage this store bela?
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

the admins obviously!
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject:  

Well it would prob be given to like the top 3 Tournament winners. There would be other ways to get FS ( i think) but that would give many people a reason to make lld chars that follow the rules to compete in tournaments. that would be one way to get some FS into the market. but there havent been many other feasable suggestions. there have been other ways suggested to get FS such as

Channel Trivia(answer questions right to get FS)

Post count-wont work unless it is scaled to like 25 posts = 1 FS. Then there would be a ton of spam posts making a lot more work for the mods...

Also a lld shop- 2 much work for mods as well

Everyone was going to be given a small amount of FS if the mods do start the FS system...

Then theres always buying it with cash. Most people here are against using cash for imaginary currency.(i know i am)

There was like a 1 mil gold for 1 FS idea. dont know how that would work because mules can hold like 100k and a lvl 99 can hold like 4 mil...

There was the trade in Idea... i suggested just do it for a short amount of time but even then it would be a lot of work for mods Sad

Other then that i think the only other way suggested was giving FS to tournament winners.
Mimes

34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject:  

I suggested something like that b4 but it was rejected because it would be a lot of work for the mods. Then i suggested there should be like a 1 week trade in period. Those items would then go to a lld101 store(also suggested earlier). That was also rejected. That would still be a lot of work for the mods and there would be a lot of full mules or currency. Also people who duped something like say 15 lifers would trade in tons of them, getting more FS then everyone else, and causing inflation. Inflation would be a disaster considering most people have very little FS making it not worth anything causing the system to fail. Also someone said that a diablo store is a pain to run. I guess they run one for a smaller community and its still a big pain.
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject:  

i've run a d2 store before and it's easy. we only had 2 people doing it too... this site would have a lot more than 2. i really cant think of a better way to get it started.. getting started is the hardest part.. after about a month or so things will level themselves out.
giving it out based on tournaments is a bad idea. and if you giv it out based on post count i would only suggest about 0.1 fs per post or so.
if there are a few people willing to give up some time to run it the way i suggested then i really think it could work
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

giev all silver to waramp! he can will know what to do with its! problem is now shall be solved.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject:  

I still think a slow increase in fs is alot better than a shop.
Along with the large amount of work needed, the required conversion rate and the need for a ridiculous amount of mules/moderators (there is 24 realms possible to play, with a store are you going to be singling out the use of fs to those users that the admins mules arn't on?) Also what is to stop an unscrupulous player to trade in say unpermed soj's at the start? It would be extremely time consuming figuring out if they are real etc...

When I said 1 = FS should be at a constatnt value of 1 million coins I'm not saying someone should make a bank to trade in FS. But as a flat value for it. Heck if I Had FS I would prolly buy 1million gold, thats hard to dupe.

The only problem at the momment, is that FS needs to provide a service for it to be worth something.

I still think a bracketed post count per month for low amount of FS increase with deductions for spam would be the way forward. Ie possibly only helpfull posts in D2 discussions count. Topic starters shouldn't get it included unless its a guide, and repliers should be over a 10 word sentence. Again I'm not sure about the programming of such things. But say a person makes 5 spam messages in the d2 discussion board they recieve no FS for that month. This should hopefully increase activity and participation while holding back the spam.

Then to make the FS worth gaining, make it a minimum of FS needed to play in certain tourneys, Heck, the tourneys could be extremely odd ball and thus equal the playing field.. Ie. Tourneys like set Items only, or White Items only. etc. etc.

After that you would need a way to make FS a trade-able currency. Which again would best be done with a shop which isn't much of an option at all. Damn these loops.
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject:  

Your not going to get a working economy without a large amount of work for atleast somebody. If the admins/mods dont want to work hard at it then the idea is worthless.

I like bela's idea, but I also want to conduct Person to person trades. They might have something I want that they wont sell in the shop, so I could spend my currency on it even if it isnt in the shop.
Thc-Matt

BNet Acct/Realm: *xzerox7 east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject:  

I agree with bels idea it sounds pretty good to me Laughing

D2JSP ID:OMGFossil

bobofuzzlymunky

BNet Acct/Realm: *bobofuzzlymunky (useastladder)
5.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject:  

bel, to clarify, this wont be .1 for every past post, only ones after? because if past then people will start with over 500fs. o_o
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

Post count will just encourage more spam, and alot of the spam here is flaming. And we all know who likes to flame and who doesnt.

I think the store idea is fine for a start, because it will start a flow in the economy. However people will like to p2p trade and stuff. And post count will just encourage more spam. Its going to take awhile to figure out. But I would really like a LLD trade thing going on. It makes buying items alot easier.
Page 6 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: