LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
How should FS (Forum Silver) be earned??
Page 3 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject:  

During start up (if trades for fs is considered) trading items to the forum for fs will be a huge undertaking for the mods..I can see massive numbers of accts full of trade items..(sojs,hrs,15lifers,9lifers,15life scs-lcs,10life scs and w/e)...whos gonna keep these accts permed and what will the forum do with them?? sell them? use as arena prizes? raffels?..other uses?..food for thought..
I can see the whole process getting outta hand real easy..these mods are volunters and are gonna be under tremendous pressure during startup..I can only imagine the number of conversations the've had about this forum modification..

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

Well seeing how you sell them for FS, cant you pay FS for an item that is sold, kind of like an LLD store? This whole idea reeps of way toooo much work for mods.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject:  

skulls wrote:

I can see the whole process getting outta hand real easy..these mods are volunters and are gonna be under tremendous pressure during startup..I can only imagine the number of conversations the've had about this forum modification..

Yes. This is all absolutely correct.

Start-up is the key, and I am also against posts increasing your total score, unless we can figure out/program some sort of sliding scale. Maybe posts are worth very, very little FS each, which would discourage spam while still encouraging posting. Alternately, maybe only the first 5-10 posts per day would count toward FS. It'll still create spam, but believe me when I tell you that if you think we mods are tough on your spammy posts now, wait until they begin to count toward trade currency. I'll bet that a good 30% of the crap that flies around here will get tossed.

The other problem with our own currency is assigning "value" to it. One American dollar in theory purchases a given amount of gold. (Mind you, this hasn't been true for decades in practice.) How do we decide how much one Forum Silver is? Does one FS = one SoJ? Or one FS = one 15 lifer? We could nominally assign a 1 FS = 1 SoJ standard, but then we'd technically need to be able to "back" that at first with actual SoJs. Since we won't be assigning any real world monetary value to the site currency, we'll probably have to find a workaround.

When breakbeatz gets back from his Ball 2 banning, I'm sure he'll have something to offer on the issue. I believe he works in finance in real life. Wfg-dude (whever he's gone to) also handles money as part of his daily life, so he might also have some good insight. I, sadly, am only smart enough to know what problems exist, but not necessarily how to best solve them.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

If fs was to be intruduced for *example* today, perhaps releasing a small amount to each user and basing it on the amount of posts that were made say, 1 week or even 1 month ago (is it even possible to possible to work out how many posts a user had at a certain date? it would sure stop people spamming for fs.) This would mean that the the people who contribute (used loosly Very Happy) most to the site would get a decent share however anybody new to the site woud not get any fs... it would eventually filter through to them though. Then once the origional fs has gained value, tornaments and raffles etc with prizes of fs to increase the amount in circulation and availability to new users.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject:  

Just to point out, 1 fs should NOT equal 1x 15 life sc, mainly because it's easier to trade for things like angelic rings or low runes, thus making it easier for people w/o fs to get fs, and people with fs to trade it with poor people.
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject:  

I dont think 1 FS should = 1x 15 lifer.

And I don't think posts should determine FS.

I still think the best way to get FS out there is to have a game up for 30 minutes every two weeks or something, select one common used lld item (I would say 15 lifers) and anyone that joins the game, provides an account along with the amout of 15 lifers being deposited and then the mod once he recieves the list can add that much FS to that account....and then have the 15 lifers as a prize in a tournament.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:  

No, they should keep the 15 lifers instead of having prizes.

Maybe we could buy back the 15s at a reduced cost? If the mods get rid of the 15s by giving them away in tournaments (pretty much too the same people over and over) then it'll lower the value of fs.
Chibi

BNet Acct/Realm: Lou Ky, UsEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject:  

I don't like the post count idea mainly because I only post once in a blue moon. And I don't want kids that post 39128490 times a day to snag items that I'm more deserving of. =]
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject:  

Irritable Bowel Syndrome wrote:
I say do it on post count and be very strict with spam.

no ty

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject:  

This may sound silly, but I have a hard time believing that this FS system will EVER have a good start. I'm thinking, why not just give every member a base amount of FS to start off with, and go from there?

As for making FS, I see a reputation system as a good method, but unfortunately that can be abused. I'm sure certain guidelines can be established such as:

-Must have more than 100 posts
-Must not have 'negative' reputation (yes you can de-rep someone)
-Must spread around rep before giving it to a similar person
-Rep will affect FS made and rep increased (IE someone with HUGE rep +repping someone with low rep will increase the low person's rep by quite a bit, whereas vice versa will not do as much if anything). There should be a mathematical formula determing this.
-Mods will have to moniter rep and FG transactions to watch for abuse. If abuse is shown, the admins have the right to lock FS, or ban you from dealing with FS entirely.

That's what I think, although I did not put too much thought into this.

sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:  

I think needing a higher post count wouldn't help because it would just increase spam.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:  

I said that you need over 100 posts for rep to count. Avoids people making new accounts and rep spamming, and encourages people to stay and contribute more.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject:  

But then you get situations where people agree to rep someone if they rep them. That ruins the reputation system.

Also since there's less of an incentive to rep people if they have a large post count, wouldn't that just cause people with high post counts to rep less often?
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:  

Mabey there could be a small weekly allowance given to all the active members of the community for few weeks.

also it would be a lot of work 4 the mods but mabey just have like one week where u can come to set games and trade in currency for FS. Then the mods could use those items to set up a shop. For example just set up a game called LLD101-1/1 this game could be where u trade in 15 life charms. LLD101-2/2 would be 15 max dmg jewels and so on.

there would def have to be some way to watch out for multi accounts. Def keep an eye out for a new kid with LOTS of Fg. also watch for massive trades from a new poster to a not so new poster who is just trying to transfer his FS to his main account.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject:  

i don't think the reputation system is good becuase its too much of a personal opinion than anything.

example?

the mods here dislike me, i have a bad reputation with them.
on bnet just about everybody likes me, i help just about everybody i can and im a gm dueler.

but the mods will outweight the bnet. probably 1000000x 1. and im sure it would be the same with many people.
Page 3 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: