LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:46 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Suggestion (West NL mainly)
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject:  Suggestion (West NL mainly)  

I've ben noticing quite a few people starting lld (which is great), then they duel a few times, run into an actual good lld and bam, instant ownage and turnoff to lld. This suggestion isnt an obligation, but rather something you should think about..

If everyone dropped off all of their near perfect gear (13 life lc, 8 maxers, 14 maxers, etc for example) onto one mule account,and a mutual person that is a beginger (or newb w/e you like) that is found worthy of improvement, gets all the items free.

Just a thought...

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject:  

The question is, who would be that lucky person and how would they be found worthy of improvement?

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion (West NL mainly)  

Imp wrote:
(13 life lc, 8 maxers, 14 maxers, etc for example)
I have characters who use 10life lcs, 8maxers, and even 12maxers. Am I worthy enough to recieve improvements to my characters?
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject:  

i have nothing anymore, if i make a crappy west lld and act all nice and stuff do i get all kinds of free stuff?
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject:  

The problem with this idea is implementation and regulation. If everyone has access to the account, what's to prevent someone from just looting it? Yeah, they may seem like sub-par items to you, but chances are someone will steal anything even remotely usable from it within hours.

Second, even if it isn't just flat-out looted, who decides which players "rate" gaining the items from this mule? Many people on here currently don't play D2 - if they decide to get back in will they get first crack at the items? What about these "new" people we're talking about. What if they're really experienced, but new to the forum? Do they qualify?

It's a noble idea, but I think it works better on an individual level. If you and a few rich friends want to start a pool mule that you can personally use to give newbies starter items, then this would work much better than a LLD101 forum-wide concept.

Your heart's in the right place, though. I just think you trust people on this forum way more than you probably should. Wink

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject:  

I trust pretty much everyone to some extent on my flist. (Probably why I've been jacked ample times) But I always bounce back.

The idea was to get more people that have an interest in LLD but dont have any gear. Just a thought.

Quote:
The question is, who would be that lucky person and how would they be found worthy of improvement?

My personmal preferance would be someone that is active and has a good attitude.

Quote:
If everyone has access to the account

One mutual person that is highly trustable (such as a mod) would hold the pw to the account.

Quote:
Yeah, they may seem like sub-par items to you

I dont really think of them as sub-par, I think of them as begginer items. When you first start, you use whatever you can to throw a decent char together. Or if you have 20 chars such as Gheed.

Quote:
who decides which players "rate" gaining the items from this mule?

One of the few questions that I have no answer to.

Quote:
If you and a few rich friends want to start a pool mule that you can personally use to give newbies starter items, then this would work much better than a LLD101 forum-wide concept.

Think thats what I'll do.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

Imp wrote:
Or if you have 20 chars such as Gheed.
As of yesterday night, I think I hit 30. The point of making characters with "beginner" items is so that I don't exactly discourage newer low level duelers by killing them in seconds. I've seen a lot of people give up just because they don't stand up to people who have already established good characters. That said, there aren't a lot of open minded people floating around.

You don't really have to make an entire account with stuff just for someone new. Whenever I see someone who seems to have their mind in the right place, I'll offer some pointers and some items.

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject:  

I do the, duel, gear show, suggestions, advertise lld101 method.

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Balmung

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject:  

Although it is a really good idea, And I hate to be the one to dim the idea "Lightglobe" but... There is really no way to tell if the recipiant is worthy, guessing is all you can really do, I mean yeah, there -are- people out there that are deserving, and if you find them, congrats to both you and them. But I hate to say it, but most of the people you will find are more likly to be, 1) People begging for items/equipment. 2) People posing as a new/poor/ect for the same reason. I know everyone would like to think that there are more nice then not nice people out there (I know I do), But sadly it's not.

Eaither way, I hope the idea goes well and that you don't run into too many people that are just greedy.
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject:  

yea recently i owned some palidin with my 18 bone nec and he wanted one immediatly so i showed him the build and i had lots of extra stuff, he was rich in hld so he traded some stuff on jsp and gave me what i wanted for my extras on that character then i told him the build and refered him to 101. i think this is a great idea btw.
Jukie
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Boston, MA. East[NL] /w *Pseudo.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:  

i would say just give out spare items where you see fit, rather then having a pool mule

************Signature Courtesy Of Dave************

Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject:  

Jukie wrote:
i would say just give out spare items where you see fit, rather then having a pool mule

In a perfect world, your idea might work. But I'll roll with Jukie on this one.

Bakaraver

BNet Acct/Realm: BISH LAND.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject:  

noble idea. . .

but most of the little pubbie lld's. .(Which im basically one. . since i suck) when they get pwned or owned or killed or whatever, not many of themn leave right away. most of them call you a hacker and then ask what you use. most times ill oblige o show them if arent total assholes or something and i help critque their gear or what not (with my litmited knowledge)

so . a pooled mule sounds great, but advice > items. . .
and + whats so hard about getthings things for a cleggy 18 zealers ; )

id post my necs stuff i knew how to ss.

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: