LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Making your own diablo 2 video
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject:  Making your own diablo 2 video  

first get the two programs fraps and virtualdub, both in the useful programs sticky and install both.

load up fraps and click the movies tab. change the destination folder to whatever you want, its where the videos will be saved. change to half-size, and configure the fps to what suites you best. the higher the fps, the higher the quality of the video, but the bigger it will be file-wise. personally, i have mine at 100 fps. change the video capture hotkey to whatever is comfortable to you, i think its default F9.

keep fraps on and load diablo in full mode not window. you should see a changing yellow number on the bottom left. this is your fps, but dont worry if its not what you expect it to be. join a game with your guy and you should see the yellow number again, but this time much higher.

when you want to start recording, hit F9 and the yellow number should turn red, this indicates that it is recording. note that the number will max out at what you set your max fps to in fraps. also note that if you have itunes or something running, it will record the sound from that as well. when you are done hit F9 again and the number will change back to yellow. keep in mind youtube only supports up to 10 minutes.

go to the destination file you set it to and you should see a file. dont worry if vlc doesnt play it right away. open up virtualdub and drag the video in there. click on video-->compression. select ffdshow codec and click ok. after that, go to file-->save as AVI. name it whatever you want and it will start to compress the file.

log on to youtube and click on upload videos on the top right. give it a title/desc/tags/whatever and click on "go upload a file". click on browse and find where you put the compress file and click on upload. youtube takes a little while until it uploads and is finally ready to be shown. copy and paste the link to whoever you want.

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Is there away of editing the video to cut out time wasteing scenes? BTW <3 the guide Very Happy I might post some of my today's duels if they fit >.<

EDIT: This was an enjoyable duel game Very Happy
39 baba + 31 medic... vs a lvl 54 druid, vs a lvl 77 pala (botd/exile/lifetap gloves xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faScLgIC3lo
J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject:  

does fraps lag u while dueling? dont have d2 atm so i can't test

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:  

mine lags abit, but thats probably due to only 512mb ram or some other thing like that.
J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject:  

can u select any other ones other than fddshow video codec? i dont have fddshow for sum reason Sad

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject:  

i havent tried with others, but youtube likes ffdshow so i just use that. if you want it its in the useful programs sticky.

Immortal_Daemon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

If I may... I'd like to add a bit, seeing as I've made quite a few Diablo 2 videos.

The Fraps you can download from their site only records in 30-second clips because it is the trial version. Obviously that can be a problem. If it's not against the rules, I will post a link to a pirated copy of Fraps that I use, which records indefinitely.

In regards to lag: Your framerate will subtract whatever speed Fraps is recording at. IE, if you play the game at 60fps, and use Fraps running at 30fps, then your game will be running at 30fps. You can check your FPS rate either by typing "/fps" into Diablo 2, or by using the FPS counter that is included with Fraps.

In regards to editing video: Fraps will record raw data, meaning it is absolutely massive. Roughly 1 minute of recording = a gig of data on your hard drive. Obviously you should keep track of time when recording. Windows Media Player (comes with Windows) is a good way to edit video if you're a beginner. If you're not a beginner then I don't have to tell you which programs are the best, because you already know. Wink

Hopefully that answers some questions. If you have any more, just ask me.

Oh... and no you can't see my videos. I've taken them down because I didn't like my editing work. Laughing
Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject:  

Immortal_Daemon wrote:
The Fraps you can download from their site only records in 30-second clips because it is the trial version. Obviously that can be a problem. If it's not against the rules, I will post a link to a pirated copy of Fraps that I use, which records indefinitely.

its in the sticky

Immortal_Daemon wrote:

In regards to editing video: Fraps will record raw data, meaning it is absolutely massive. Roughly 1 minute of recording = a gig of data on your hard drive.

when you convert to ffdshow, it compresses it. i have one that is 3 minutes and its ~50 MBs. youtube wont let you go over a certain file size anyway.

sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

If you want to really get into this try editing your duels in Vegas 7.0 it's a really fun program to learn to use and lots of sweet stuff you can do with it.

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: