LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 19 Bear Druid -- hipii
Page 1 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:  Level 19 Bear Druid -- hipii  

So anyway, I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but I'm hipii. He's not perfect but I figured I'd show hiz itemz on da forum dawg.

Just for a little backstory, rjg had a life replen throwsmiter that couldn't be defeated by any of the level 18's at the time. However, I made a level 18 life replen fissure druid that could beat him sometimes, or at the very least draw.

Anyway, rjg being the power hungry greedy mod-position usurper he is, got jealous and cried and rebuilt his level 18 to consistently slay my little fissure druid. I joked with him that I was going to just build another fissure druid with all the points in oaksage so that we would just draw again and he could never beat me.

For some reason, I kept toying with the idea and realized I could take it a bit further. I ended up deciding to make some sort of bear druid, and for whatever reason, be it my or rjg's idea, I made it on a seperate account with a seperate uh, "identity".

Now, there was this one type of player that me and rjg always had a great love and reverence for. You know, the type that was really nice and innocent to everyone. That guy that would seem to act genuinely afraid when people hostiled him. He always asked people to party with him, but not in an annoying sort of way, in a cute "please help me plz" kind of way. This type of player normally never did say much, be it because they were foreign or perhaps suffered from autism, but when they did it was always something displaying some sort of childlike innocense.

One of these players we ran into was named "hippi". One time rjg chased him all the way to like the stony field or something and the guy just kept running. The story is funnier if I could remember it. Also if you're me. Then it's pretty funny. He was a special person. I hope we meet again someday. Godspeed hippi.

So yeah, I paid homage to hippi by naming this new character "hipii".

Anyway, yeah. I really can't express the story of hipii without sort of sounding like a douchebag. It just doesn't make sense unless you've played with him. One interesting thing to note is that hipii was like the battle.net Rorschach Test. The people who were decent cool guys always loved hipii. The people who were douches (butters, hayhaywild, cbk_zeal) all despised him. I'm not sure why. Those people are inherently horrible people, it would seem.

Anyway, basically I just ran around going "hi palas 8)" to people, asking them to party with me. I'd make town portals in front of town and say things like "hey baba take potal is yo body i halp you". I normally tried to be as innocent as possible, I never really hostiled anyone, normally when I was hostiled I'd either try to run around or beat them with my 3 damage fist. They'd think I was some sort of big noob and laugh when I was like "how u so strong??", and get all confused when their level 30 hammerdins couldn't kill me. I'd end up tanking straight hammers for 30 seconds, s/e'ing right when I went into human form (most people were convinced I had that mod that automatically makes you leave. I didn't actually!), and coming back with some excuse like "sry palals i spillt milk on my keybode".

So yeah, hipii evolved into this 8 year old kid who was charmingly sweet. He had a brother (chad, played by rick) who would always pick on him and get him to do dishes midgame and threaten to beat him up. Chad had a thorns pally for fun against level 18 zealots. Good times.

Eventually I got bored and made a level 45 enchant sorc with +45 enchant (originally supposed to be named "dA_iCe_OwNeR" but I rushed the wrong character. Currently named fooIishness) as a compliment for hipii when douchebag LLD's were being douchebags. For some reason most people never really made the connection. I was normally real good about that though and only used it on BM 18's who thought their 18 zealots were a gift to battle.net.

Anyway, since I'm sure the only people who would bother reading this are the people who actually "knew" hipii, I figure many more specific stories aren't too important. You can include your own if you have any! It's just one of those things that you had to be in game to really get a feel for the whole experience. Since I don't play anymore, hipii is pretty much dead. So yeah.

I never completely finished him. I still need maxed resists (from life SC's or better +8 life jewels or something). I need a +3 lycanthropy prebuff and +3 oak sage 3os helm (currently both +2), and a +1 summoning and +1 shapeshifting club (for more prebuffing goodness). With all of those things I'm sure I could break 5K life, but who knows.

Stats and stuff:

Uh-oh!:

Yay!

Anyway, that's all I guess. I assure all of you that he's a much more interesting and multi-dimensional character than I can really portray in this thread. ok bibi.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:  

schizophrenic much?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:  

pala halp babas is bein meen to hipii 8(
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:  

lol
Ras

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rasmaren / EscNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:  

Oh my god. I know I was subject to Goky's shennanegans once when I was in a game with CBK_zeal and hipii and I was dueling CBK with Poo_Flinger I think (hammerdin) and Goky was in Ventrilo and his "obvious" character had just left the game.

Then Goky started laughing when hipii started talking hilariously as he always did. I got really confused and asked him in utter stupidity: "Are you CBK?" And his quick slip-up "Haha, no" told me he was hipii. I think I was the 3rd to know it was Goky. I felt such a dumbass I had asked him if he was CBK. So funny though.

One other time that was hysterical was when last year Tim and I had rooms next to each other connected by a bathroom and I was in the same LLD game with Objectivist and he was on his wind druid. Hipii comes into the game and Tim says hi. Hipii and he get to talking, Hipii talking as if he is missing his frontal lobe. The other people in the game start saying that hipii has a disgusting amount of life or that he is hacking, so Tim hostiles him just to tickle the tyke with his hurricane. The hurricane does nothing and Tim throws a couple of tornados hipii's way and this does an infintesimal amount of damage. Tim asks him laughingly how much life hipii has and hipii responds:

"Wind dun hurt bear, bear hav fur." The hipii invites Tim to his party and asks: "Yuo bruther bear, we stik tugetfer." Or something equally moronic. I knew it was Goky and was crying I was laughing so hard, then Tim figured it out because he is much more intelligent and aware than I.

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
"Wind dun hurt bear, bear hav fur."

That is awsome Very Happy
I must have that in my sig. Laughing

GohanSSJ

BNet Acct/Realm: The Netherlands - Europe Ladder/East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:  

Damn that's some sick life...
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject:  

So, all this time I thought hipii was someone with a huge diablo 2 exploit who kept it to himself. And always 1 shot all my llds. But he is just a druid that's chanted?

And I read that whole essay and a half. ^^

Why is he dead!!! Wouldn't it be wrong not to continue on the legend of hippi?

Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:  

I knew I had succeeded in some way when Ras actually considered the idea that I was CBK_Zeal before thinking I was hipii. I'm not sure what that way is yet. I will figure it out.

Also, hipii doesn't use capital letters because his pinky can't reach the shift key. He's 8.

hipiii wrote:
hehe srry pala wind don hurt hipii cus bear hav fur keep him form cold 8)

There you go.

Spikes hurt hipii though. 8(
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:  

Good f'n game.

i ran into hipii more than once and i thought he was great.

Fallen Angels

BNet Acct/Realm: Cape May, NJ
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:  

i knew hipii was you eventually, but rick being chad took me much longer to figure out, still cant stand that lil ... anyway, good games bud, i miss jo0.

ras loves me
Ras wrote:
You're stupid, really stupid sometimes.

Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:  

I guess Graham was forgotten?

Fallen Angels

BNet Acct/Realm: Cape May, NJ
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:  

was that your alter egos name? i think everyone would be more familiar with alexisonfire

ras loves me
Ras wrote:
You're stupid, really stupid sometimes.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

rjg told me a long time ago haha, it made me really want to do the same thing on NL but I didn't want to just be a copycatter! im currently making a good chanter though
Page 1 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: