LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 5:32 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Ideas for a Posion Damage Character
Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

waramps got my vote for lvl 9 talon asn with envy jewels aar his one its really nice

that or....psn dmg bowadin lvl 15 your gear is perfect for it since you made a psn bow anyway

Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:  

Level nine poison bow/throwsin with the 20 psn damage envy jewels up the ying-yang. Max BoS, FRW boots, mebe some FHR if you can fit it in - check what breakpoints you hit with what, and see if you can use bloodfists over deaths.
Bow switch (unsure which bow, breakpoints again) and jav/shield switch for nasty cases. You'll be faster than most things out there, which should give you enough of an edge to prolong a battle indefinitely. (Throw on replenish gear if rich.) Your fast attack speed from BoS means you won't be caught mid-firing animation too often.

Alternatively, go 14 for 7% FRW grand charms. Faster than a speeding locomotive!

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:  

ok well heres sum info rode left out his very not good psn dmg gear is lvl 13 and 14 req so...it would have to be lvl 15 minimum unless he plans to make new gear

RodeKil

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rfw , *RK_Rfw , *Rfw_Lld
1.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:  

ghettoboyjmb wrote:
ok well heres sum info rode left out his very not good psn dmg gear is lvl 13 and 14 req so...it would have to be lvl 15 minimum unless he plans to make new gear

Yup he's right, but any lvl 9 builds can also be lvl 15 builds, so it all works out. Cool

skarfacex42

BNet Acct/Realm: Overtown / Miami
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:  

just make a lvl 15 zeal pally.. my friend did it and it actually worked!! just use holy fire as your aura

ExigeCorp.

BNet Acct/Realm: /w *Invicta USEast Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

Well I guess I'm gonna try the lvl 18 rabies druid.... cause I just found a 3 os 3 rabies antlers.. and p rubied it... before I realized how little dmg I will actually be doing...

grr, I guess he'll just have loads of life
RodeKil

1.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for all the neato ideas guys, I decided to make a lvl 15 posion dagger necro. Hes pretty cool.

Calculon

BNet Acct/Realm: Megaman_3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:  

IMO, the best build would be a bowsin. U could use a 4-5 socket bow based on your lvl of Bos, IAS, as to wheter to go -10wsm or 0wsm. You could socket this with 4-5 flawless emeralds at lvl 15. This adds 50 dmg per second and the duration is high at 6 seconds which helps keep the duration of the psn dmg high which is needed to really get good psn dmg. This is achieved through using dual modded poison small charms. At lvl 15 they can be around 42 dmg / 6 seconds or 60.2 dmg / 7 seconds. Grand charms can be added for more run/walk speed. Assuming perfect charms, you can add about 340 damage per second over 7 seconds. With 40 sources at 7 seconds and your 5 sources at 6 seconds, the duration will be about 6 and 8/9 seconds x 390 dmg per second which comes out to 2686 poison dmg over 6.9 seconds or so. AND you have room for survival gear that adds resists/life/replenish/stats. Only about 35 in 100,000 small charms of ilvl 35 will be dual modded with the highest psn dmg(60ish dmg / 7 sec) but about 129 in 100,000 will be dual psn modded of the lesser kind (42ish dmg / 6 sec). Basically 0.64% of lvl 35 small charms will be dual psn modded. I would either use CoS or use Nadir for CoS charges(if u can use at 15), and just hide in shadows firing and running until u hit them, cancelling the Cloak of Shadow....then run....recast CoS.....fire away.....run away.......Even with Deaths Gloves and max psn resist, you still do about 28 dmg....it would be a long duel, but if they cant hit you...they cant win Smile
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

JulesSmeets wrote:
Watch out not to use any jewels with a really low poison duration, it reduces poison durations from all sources to the shortest duration. But someone has explained this a lot better than I can:
http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-articles/taopoison.shtml

All poison jewels have the same duration length. And low poison duration can actually be beneficial if you hit enough.

Calculon

BNet Acct/Realm: Megaman_3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:  

Given further thought, i think the easiest way to get good poison damage on a bowsin would be to use 4sock armor with rare poison jewels, 3 sock helm, and a 5-6 socket bow with flawless emeralds. Both flawless and jewels add 10/second, but using 7 psn jewels in armor/helm adds 70/second and then you can use the 4-6 flawless in the bow + maybe 5 to 10 dual modded poison small charms that have 6/7 second durations. This way u don't need to find so many elusive 60 psn dmg small charms to still do good damage. With 7x jewels (2sec), 4x flawless (6sec), 5x 42psn small charms (6sec), and 5x 60psn small charms (7sec), you would do 70 + 40 + 35 + 42.85 = 188.35 per second and have a duration of about 5 seconds. This comes out to 941 psn dmg over about 5 seconds. If they had max psn resist and deaths gloves, it would only do 9 dmg over the 5 seconds which is pretty poor, but it might be good for pubbies. With 50% psn resist it would do 78 over 5 seconds.
RodeKil

1.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

Yea, I have a posion dagger necro. He has good ar, and seems to do well against any lld who doesnt use deaths, surprisingly (except zealers), and is also very fun. I keep a throwing spear on switch which helps a lot. He is lvl 15, btw.

Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: