LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
life after D2 lld --2-- World of Warcraft
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject:  life after D2 lld --2-- World of Warcraft  

Wow, its been a while since i've been here. lol. Some of you may know i used to lld like well, u guys do now. hahaha. But of course i realize that everything good must come to an end. The future of d2 seems kinda bleek since WoW is comming out soon. As usual i was playing war3:tft and when stress test beta came out for just a few days, i jumped at the chance (was in stress test beta, i think now beta if they ever get the server up).

This seem a good move for me from d2 --> WoW since the game is kinda like d2 and war3 combined and played online. But more options then getting bored with your character and making lld.... *this might happen but i doubt it since they probly will release big patches w/ more quest/ blah blah*

Since the making of guilds in WoW, there will be something more organized/meaningfull then d2 in term of clans (and usefullness since there is a pvp server for clan wars,ect instead of competiting vs your own clan members). So im wondering if any of you are going to play World of Warcraft when it comes out. And if lld101 is going to be a "clan"

And what will happen to d2 in 3-6 months since open beta of wow will be up soon for business/war. Just a thought for u guys to ponder on since the clan im in, a War3 guild will be a WoW guild when it comes out. And if so, maybe we can ally for clan wars and such. Possibilities are endless Twisted Evil

but i guess your going to have to be organized b4 hand since a clan on WoW can consist of 100+ people or so i might think. So im bringing this topic now (spoke to one of lld guys yesturday about this and he gave me this idea)

comment ppl.

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
we don't need a post linking to another post on the same site. if your topic is worthy of attention, it will get it no matter where you post it. people come here for v/lld information (hopefully), if they don't visit the off-topic discussion area, that's perfectly fine as well.

im sure since it also talks about lld so that would be in the general lld discussion.

and there's only so much repeated regergitation of info for lld if u havent noticed. Unless u have some new build i havent tried, plz. Dont act all high and mighty cuz i post it twice.

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject:  

acting all high and mighty? i was just saying that we don't need anoter thread linking to a thread on the same site.
if you want me (or some other mod) to unlock the post in the LLD Discussion and lock this one instead, that's fine with me. the reason i locked the other one was because this one contained the important information.
matic_random

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast -usWest [NL] Unknown Legends Crew
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject:  

ok,i might get wow just to c how it is,and dont take me wrong,but never played sc or wc,so no idea how wow is gonna bee,but sounds like fun,so i will get it,about clans?ummm im solo person if i'm in clan i always tell leaders i want to be mutual,i dont like to be controled or take control,so thats about it from me

nationalsigleague.com
retired lvl18 palie
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

lemme see
you gotta pay $50 to get addicted to another game... but this time blizzard is smart and makes it so you gotta flush more money down the toilet every month to feed your addiction...

that monthly charge sealed the deal for me, i'd much rather just play d2 and not have to give money every month... or else

hero

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

ppffttt..
www.guildwars.com
Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
ok,i might get wow just to c how it is,and dont take me wrong,but never played sc or wc,so no idea how wow is gonna bee,but sounds like fun,so i will get it,about clans?ummm im solo person if i'm in clan i always tell leaders i want to be mutual,i dont like to be controled or take control,so thats about it from me

Clans dont tell you what to do or order you around. Its more like a community. Like if you had a quest you need help on, yea some people in your clan might help you out, quest with you since they might be doing the same quest, ect. Sure you can play solo all you want but for some quest, solo wont do. Vs leet quests, its going to take least 5 people, some even up to 40+.

lol control is all up to you. but in clan raids , everyone is part of a team ;P and when your pvping and someone is ganging up on you 2:1 , yea your gonna want your peeps to help you lol

Quote:
lemme see
you gotta pay $50 to get addicted to another game... but this time blizzard is smart and makes it so you gotta flush more money down the toilet every month to feed your addiction...

that monthly charge sealed the deal for me, i'd much rather just play d2 and not have to give money every month... or else

yes, you paid 50+ for diablo2, then the xpansion. yea, it cost money to run these server. They are a buisness of making games. Lets clear that up right now. If they werent, they woudlnt charge a penny for the game. And the different thing about d2 is that a max game in d2 is 8 people.... this one, there is only one game. One big game simutanously. sure you can play d2 but i doubt you will get the enjoyment as you did when you first bought it. Its time for something new and Better. Im sure each month you eat a pizza/burger/movie that is over 10-15 dollars a month. But yea, their all forms of entertainment.

Quote:
ppffttt..
www.guildwars.com

nice graphix but all i see for each "class" or "race" is like 5 skills for each..

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
Death-Strider

BNet Acct/Realm: Death)strider Fury)strider
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject:  

Hi vudoo ^^
Yea I'm the barb you dueld a while back heh.

Apparently "fuh" is short for "fuhking studmonkey". I think I'll borrow his pics, and create an account on one of those online dating websites. With his smouldering good looks and my winning charm and personality, no woman alive will be able to resist me... err.. us.

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:  

nah i didn't pay anything for d2...
but umm i can name plenty of big games like wow that are hosted on servers but don't have monthly charges... that guildwars game for example

Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject:  

sup death Very Happy

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject:  

Maybe the fact that we pay for it will make them more inclined to deal with hackers/cheaters and such Smile
Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject:  

they probly will. everything is online and no offline play so it will be harder for hackers to hack it. and every accnt is linked to a credit card.. ahem.

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: