LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Help compile lesser known bugs/unseen benefits from skills
Page 1 of 8 [106 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8 Next
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:  Help compile lesser known bugs/unseen benefits from skills
Subject description: Please name and discuss all the unknown mechanics of this game that are not listed

i would like to have a thread on all the things that the game itself never explains or is unknown to most d2 players, to help the overall community.

The only ones that come to mind off the top of my head are as fallows:

Miscellaneous:

Anya: When your character dies, you will lose the extra resist gained from the completed quests, but will not be displayed.

Glitching Baal: gget someone who can get quest and kill baal while you and him are partied to advance to the next difficulty

Ethereal armor +50% Def: Any eth unsocketed armor (that is NOT superior) socketed with the Horadric Cube Recipe will get 50% more def

Strength Glich: If a player is able to equip items due to charms that gives stats but would otherwise not be able to due to low base str or dex, makes items equiped in this way to be invisible to other players.
-There is no "second weapon attack" fist animation, so attacking while str glitched and dual-wielding (assassin, barbarian dswing/dthrow) makes you blink in and out of sight. On the downside, no shield.
-Normal ranged attacks don't show while str glitched. GA/magic arrow does.

Andy bug: Progress though Act 1 in order. Upon killing andarial goto any NPC in act 1 and talk to them (warriv is normal bc he takes you to act2) andarial will now always quest drop in that difficulty.

As long as you "Cannot Complete Quest" for a boss, that boss will quest-drop if you deliver the killing blow.

Luna Shield: Cold sorb is not calculated correctly, requires testing to confirm.

Horadric Axe Resist: If you have on a str helm and the Horadric Axe, your cold resist will shoot up to 75. Still testing for more info.
Up'd horadric staff = hand axe

If you are holding any item on your mouse (open inventory and pick up an item)you are unable to be knocked back.

+Damage bug
-The +X Damage items such as "Grief" Runeword and "The Redeemer" (Unique Mightly Scepter) Are not subject to the pvp reduction, thus everytime you strike a player with it removes exactly the +X Damage amount from the targets life EX. You greif says +380 Damage, if you hit a player it removes 380 life

Some areas of the map arent closed like they should be. (Ex: Tower cellars, maggot lair and frigid highlands and arreat plateu) You can teleport into uncharted areas.

Posion damage's animation coveres up Deadly Strike animations.

While running, your blocking is one third, and your defense is zero.

Standing over a corpse of an enemy player so the X of the corpse matches up with your X on the minimap PRECICELY, then having the player grab the corpse, that makes you invulnerable to ranged attacks.

Managing to create a Cow Portal/Uber Tristram outside of the Rogue Encampment/Harrogath, alters the name of the portal.

Games may appear to be full when joining, although it is actually not.

If an attack (elemental/physical) does atleast (1/12) of a person's health, then a fhr check is made.

+3% Faster run/walk charms may be inferior to +5% Faster run/walk charms

Paladins:

Blessed Aim: Gives a 5% passive bonus to ar per lvl

Passive max resist bonus: Resist auras give 0.5% max resist per level when passive. Resist Auras gives 1.0% max resist per level when active.

Charge lock: If you die when charging while you have holy shield on, you will no longer be able to charge without rejoining or joining another game.

If you switch attacks during/straight after charging and try to attack with it, it will lock your char up and you have to either take a weapon off and re-equip it or switch weapons

When holyshield wears off while charging, you will get charge locked

Deadly strike does not work with smite.

Enhanced Damage From Items with smite: ED from items such as your shield or Fort runeword will increase smite damage although it is not displayed

Multiple prayer auras stack.

Conviction Levels
-If a player has a higher level conviction active, your lower level aura will not lower their resistances, however if both players have the same level aura both will lose resistances

Aura when equiped items
Auras gained from the "Dragon" or "Dream" or "Hand of Justice" or "Doom" runewords are not subject to a pvp reduction, but subject to resistances

Sorceress:

Telekinesis and Energy shield: Only each hard skill point in telekinesis makes energy shield more effective. So, having higher than level 20 telekinesis has no effect on energy shield

Fcr breakpoints: Lightning and chain lightning has different faster cast rate breakpoints than normal sorc spells.

If you prebuff thunderstorm, without having a real point in it, and then take off the prebuff item, the lightning around your char will remain but it will have no effect

Assasins:

Fade dr%: Fade gives +1% dr for whatever level it is when active (Treachery gives ctc lvl 15 fade, therefore 15% dr)

Kickers: Max dmg jewels or charms does not affect kick damage.
Enhanced damage will.

Kicker boots bug: If you remove str and make your boots go red the Display lists your dmg as if they were still on.

Dr/Mdr bug: When the game computes DR or MDR, they can become negative. This results in the possibilty of small sources of dmg negating the other source. Best seen when a 30 kicker with spirit sword attacks someone with about 30MDR.

Items with Procing spells normally dont work with Blade shield because most are 'on striking' but items with 'on attack' will work.
Another Blade 'feature' is Your Shadow warriors Blade sentinal recieves its damage from your gear and charms

Barbarians:

Whirlwinding over a teammate grants the target invulnerablity to projectiles, if the target does not move.

If you gain a level while whirlwinding, you may not use skills/stats/items

Amazons:

Defense Negation using Inner Sight:

Godz and myself tested this numerous times on open with my lvl 18 jabber setup. When my opponent had -ve defense, I hit them noticeably less than when they had positive defense (we're talking like 9-10defense here).

My 18 jabber has 3.2K AR as well, totally duplicated my items and setup identically for open. Though there is debate about this, I firmly believe (and I think i have proof enough) that this is indeed a bug.[/b]

Last edited by Chronotrigger on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:45 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:  

the blessed aim thing is 5% for every level or just the 1st point? and to add here:

glitching baal: get someone who can get quest and kill baal while you and him are partied

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

for every 2 points into resist auras, you get a passive +1 max resist for that element even when the aura isnt active.

more well-known: fade gives +1% dr for whatever level it is when active (treachery gives ctc lvl 15 fade, therefore 15% dr)

and kody, i just tested it and its 5% per lvl (so its like a hidden AR synergy for pally skills, good to know)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:  

ok thanks war im just to lazy to test it lol

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:  

Only each hard skill point in telekinesis makes energy shield more effective.
So, having higher than level 20 telekinesis has no effect on energy shield.

Lightning and chain lightning has different faster cast rate breakpoints than normal sorc spells.

Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

-Remote players can't see your charms, so they don't know how much +str/+dex you get from them. As such, to them it might seem like you don't have enough str/dex to wear a piece of equipment, leading to the (in)famous str glitch.
-There is no "second weapon attack" fist animation, so attacking while str glitched and dual-wielding (assassin, barbarian dswing/dthrow) makes you blink in and out of sight. On teh downside, no shield.
-Normal ranged attacks don't show while str glitched. GA/magic arrow does, dunno about multishot/other skills.

This is a cool idea, although I'm betting the best, most useful exploits aren't gonna be mentioned Smile

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject:  

Charge lock:
If you die when charging while you have holy shield on, you will no longer be able to charge without rejoining or joining another game.
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject:  

Another charge bug, if you switch attacks during/straight after charging and try to attack with it, it will lock your char up and you have to either take a weapon off and re-equip it or switch weps.

Also #4 isnt a bug, its supposed to do that, just like all the other synergies.
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:  

ubermoose wrote:
Another charge bug, if you switch attacks during/straight after charging and try to attack with it, it will lock your char up and you have to either take a weapon off and re-equip it or switch weps.

Also #4 isnt a bug, its supposed to do that, just like all the other synergies.

that kills me all the time on my paladins when i try to switch between charge and zeal or smite (depending on the char im using)

just gotta get quick on the w button. also, if you take dmg, it releases you from being stuck.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:  

I hate charge bug Sad and blizz even knows about it Sad
(when charge breaks) or when u freeze couse skill/attack switch (for some reson, smite does not cause pause as much as switching to zeal dos.)
Bastards at Blizz wrote:
Sometimes Charge skill may stun yourself (you cannot attack and move but can drink potions) when attacking. This may continue very long until to your death. You can fix this by pressing the "W" key to swap weapons which should exit you from the stun.

Thats not stun you idiots, its your shity coding skills!

Zeiris-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:  

To avoid the charge-smite-switch bug you need to re-namelock the target, methinks.
Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:  

Youthink? can you test for us?

Zeiris-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:  

It's one of those things that I do by feel rather than by actually thinking it through. It works for me, but because it's an automatic thing I may be missing info.
NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:  

Does it lock when charge/vengence or charge/bezerk (im gona try that with a passion i think.)

why does it happen more often when using zeal/vs smite.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:  

there is a german skill calc that lists the hidden bonuses in skills.
beileve its stickied. if not,, im sure a search will find it

andy bug
DR/MDR bug
glitch quest-drop on all bosses (its not just baal btw)
kicker boot exploit
tier 1 +skill on claws trick

Page 1 of 8 [106 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: