LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Steven's Whereabouts
Page 2 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:  

Get well soon man, you got the support of lld101 rootin for you.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:  

Any updates on Steven's health? I just had to check in and see if things have gotten better since April.

I don't know your last name so I hope you don't mind that I offered a prayer in our church in your name: Steven Zharous sorry if that is totally wierd but I couldn't just say Steven. Very Happy Anyway, 500+ ppl said a prayer for you so I hope it helped.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:  

Steven i belive his name is.

But yeah, any update on your condition? Hope youve gotten a lot better since march.
swirsz
Site Admin

BNet Acct/Realm: no longer active / US West
200.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:  

Well there are good times and there are bad times. Since I've recovered from most of the problems I've experienced over the last few months I'm not even bother to mention them here, other than to say if you do a little research on C4 spinal cord injuries (look up Christopher Reeves since his injury was very similar to mine, before he died from it) you'll be very surprised by the number of severe problems they experience. Simply breathing, swallowing, speaking, or sitting up for more than five minutes at a time took months of rehab. Two 8-hour surgeries, one from the front of my neck and another one from the back of my neck removed quite a number of bone fragments from my spinal column and now three of my vertebrae are steel plated together.

Again thank you for the kind words of support, as you can tell from the nice changes I got set up on these forums under categories 2.1.4 before the upgrade to 2.1.6 wiped them out, I'm definitely not just sitting around. I don't ever stay in bed, and I do not even watch any TV these days.

Most individuals with spinal cord injuries must be turned in bed every three hours throughout the whole night. They have complications with every aspect of life, so let me list simply what I'm able to do now that I couldn't do three months ago:

Independent finger control with my right hand, instead of using a trackball with the back of my hand I'm actually holding a real mouse and using my fingers to click. My arm control has been great at least for the last four months, but now my fingers move enough to actually pick up something as light as a piece of paper, but not much above that. On my left hand I have control of my thumb and second finger, but that's about it I can peck type slowly with it

I'd been running old games to get practice controlling and coordinating my hands and have recently beaten fallout 2, Master of Orion 2, and now Ultima underworld 2.

As of last week I started actually playing Diablo 2 online again, as some of you may tell from the new announcements on http://www.pvpwest.com/ Dueling with a sorc is still nearly impossible but I'm getting there, and pvm is never too difficult.

I recovered decent trunk control, can shift my legs around while laying in bed, and I can hold myself if someone stands me up for a few seconds. Besides California's extremely substandard health care, I have two $400 electronic stimulation machines which electrocuted me for an hour each night simultaneously, and I plan to buy some equipment and get my brother to give me pool therapy.

Basically nerve sensation and control below my neck is like patchwork, some things work well, other things were partially or with much effort, and the lot still does not work at all, but I've already recovered a lot and typically patients will recover up to two years after their injury.
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:  

So you're sort of like a cyborg now?

All humour aside I hope the therapy goes well for you.

Good luck, God with you.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject:  

Zharous wrote:

As of last week I started actually playing Diablo 2 online again, as some of you may tell from the new announcements on http://www.pvpwest.com/ Dueling with a sorc is still nearly impossible but I'm getting there, and pvm is never too difficult.

I guess I never thought of Diablo as therapy Very Happy

I can see the headlines now... "Man teaches fellow patients to recover from life threatening injuries using RPG's" Razz

I'm glad things are looking up. We are all pulling for you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
fu8ar

BNet Acct/Realm: RestInPieces W/Sc/L AgelessWanderer E/Sc/L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:  

Damn, man thats a shitty thing to happen to anyone. I'm glad you are making a recovery of sorts and hope things get better for you. Atleast, you are able to get more functions than Christopher Reeves ever recovered.

RETIRED FROM D2LOD

Otto von Bismark wrote:
Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.

swirsz
Site Admin

BNet Acct/Realm: no longer active / US West
200.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

More than you want to know about spinal cord injuries:

http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=21446
Sasuke-LLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Dacche@USEastLadder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:  

Hope he gets better soon, it could be worse.
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:  

damn after i saw this(I'd been running old games beaten fallout 2, Master of Orion 2, and0 you win up 20 cool points:)

my fav games of all time right there bro i cant seem to get a multi player game going on moo2 any more i think it has to do with xp but if u find a way im dieing to play some one in moo 2 and i just wana know on falluot 2 wich way did u go good or evil:) it gets pritty easy =once u jack the guess rifle but the last boss is stil a bisnich
Page 2 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Jump to: