LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Cash mod installed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:  

i vouch on virtuous's idea, i like it
Zod-1337

BNet Acct/Realm: (Not activily on bnet)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Quote=Zod-1337 @ 1:26am
-Setup a lld101 mule, that collects good or better lld gear, that can be given away on tournies to winners.
those who donate to the mules, will be given fg for it

Quote:
Quote=Virtuous @ 12:20pm
As to an getting the forum gold circulated, I say:

1. Take a standard currency item such as a 15 lifer.
2. Set an amount of FG for it.
3. Make a Bank account, with 1 treasurer, whom knows the password, someone inconspicuous (like me).
4. Then for every 15 lifer that is donated into the system (the mule account) give them "x" amount of FG.
5. This should be refundable at any time, thus keeping the value.

Just an idea. . .

sir_cyclops, thank you for thinking I have such great ideas... Rolling Eyes

Either way if I honestly.. thanks to those who stated it first!

Best way is give them out for tournies winners
say first place recieved 2, second recieved 1, third + gets none.
in tournies were there is atleast 3+ people...

then for the lld101 ranking thing.
if you challange someone to take there spot, you have to bet 1 that you win.
the other person who you challange will also have to bet 1.
if you win you take there 1, and the spot.
if you loose you give them one.

therfor this will keep people active in tournies, such as Ironman tournies, RebelGames tourny and all the other tournies.

so to be ranked #1 on the LLD101 official list, they have to pay, so to speak to be ranked.

This also shows the lvl of skill the duel has, since if you win, you gain, if you loose you don't have any.

let me know your feed back.

Also if people really wanted after they gain they could trade, for instance say someone wanted into the lld101 rankings.
they could trade off a item(s) to someone who has some fg, to beable to pay for the bet.

http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?p=335548
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:  

no matter how its done this puts greater obligation on the admin/Mods which i dont like to see.

by implementing currency it is 1 more thing that needs to be watched anyway.. so im trying to think of something that only temporarily requires adim/mod attention and can then become much more self-sufficient without being a burden to the site.

ubermoose wrote:
Price fixing NEVER works, you need to let the price be determined by supply/demand.

What we need is somthing to increase the demand for fg and a way of dishing it out.

i disagree on part1 atm only bc "salary" and distribution has not been determined yet
i do aggree that the demand needs to be created and distribution needs to be handled wisley and id want to stress ubermooses statement

im worried about the site trying to implement spontaneous creation. IMO currency cannot simply generate from nothing.

[edit] re-reading, virtous had the right idea imo. i agree with him

i imagine lld101 has a coffer of 10,000p (arbitrary numbers, and i say "p" as short for penny)
this coffer is to back up say
100 15lifers,
100 15max's
and 100 9 max'rs..... this would make each cost about 33?

for the first 2-3 months in order to get the currency working and legitamate the lld101 coffer (basically the admins) would then need to be called upon to buy and sell each of these items from a set lld101 acount/mule. this is what will distribute, create credibility and trust with the currency. the lld101 coffer spending would have a bank of substance to which give value.

eventually lld101 should have the full amount of maxers,lifers and be BROKE.... it is at this point the users for the most part distribute the currency amoungst eachother with all sorts of items. supply and demand will began to take hold in the long run but since people know lld101 coffers have the items to back up the currency at 33 a piece it sets a market value by which other items can be related too based on amounts players have in the game.

the lld101 coffer Probably should expand with the lld101 site slowly, always buying and selling just a few of the items a week (a little bit of mod attention) just to keep a handle on things...i would imagine the amount the coffer generates should never exceed 5%base a year.. so maybe it spawns 10p per week and that is set in stone.

Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
im worried about the site trying to implement spontaneous creation. IMO currency cannot simply generate from nothing.
[edit] re-reading, virtous had the right idea imo. i agree with him

I agree with Jerkazoid, if someone is designated as the, "mule," I am willing to pay into the system immediately. And I think we are going to need quite a few people to do this.

Pennies on post count:

That would be just plain ignorant.

Pennies for tournaments/guides:

Could be an option but would have to be moderated very, very closely.

If we do the pennies backed up in "gold." Let's not let this end up like the United States government whom has no gold to back our dollars up and us being 10 trillion dollars in debt.

Very Happy

Fallen Angels
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Cape May, NJ
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:  

I dont have much, but ill trade in items for the fg at the start

I think that trading into the site and by giving prizes for tournaments would probably be the best ideas for distribution

If its made that you can buy fg from the site and enough people go for it, that money could possibly used to set up a private ventrillo site or some other chat program?

ras loves me
Ras wrote:
You're stupid, really stupid sometimes.

LordPat

BNet Acct/Realm: Tristram
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

Pfew, sorry about what I posted last night. I still agree with 90% of what I said now that I am sober but I think I can word it better today.

Forum gold: Why do we need it? whats wrong with the trading methods we use now wich include each person putting a visable item in a trade screen and clicking the check symbol (that blizzard themself invented to complete trades). This gives each person a chance to see what they are trading for and no one get's ripped off. That's my biggest reason I am so against the lld101 FG is that people are going to get scammed. Good low lvl dueling items are so hard to come across because the amount of people that know what is good and actually search for it is so low. For example I have geared up my high lvl barb in the last 2 day's. It took me no time to get a 196/6 eth arreats 410 etbotd, 15sup 30 res archon fort ,38/15 dungo, 199 gores, 11x modded 20 lifers, 16/18 anni, 20/17 barb torch, angelic's, SS, 3 bo cta and 1x +3 wc stick. All i need now is 9x modded wc lifer's. That is a fully equipped char in about 4 day's total. Now my lvl 9 amazon (Valumptious) has taken me about 6 months to gear up, and cost me about 2x as much. Why? BECAUSE the items are not available. If I were to lose a single item on my lld I would be devestated.

I realy ment to keep this short, sorry.

Quote:
I am hereby starting the LLD101 FG RESISTANCE!!
Code:
 Im still sticking to this and in honor of invader zim we shall be called The Resisty's!!!

Iso:15 life/ar lcs,15life/mana lc's!!!!!(REaly need these!!!), +3 stat vlld rings(2/1 etc..70+ AR), 15+ ed/25+ar/dtm or mana jewels, 9+max/(One of the following) Dtm, ar or mana/-req jewels. All of this must be lvl 9 req or under.
Accounts:
*LordPat.<<<Dont forget that period!
*LordPat

Rjg said:Did you know 83% of statistics are made up?
Fallen Angels

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

doing fg will create a way for people to do trades anywhere, the europe guy wants to come to america, he can trade europe items for fg and fg for american items, it would just make life alot simpler than having to trade europe items for american items, and it would not benefit anyone nearly as much.

ras loves me
Ras wrote:

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

NextGeneration_LLD wrote:
doing fg will create a way for people to do trades anywhere, the europe guy wants to come to america, he can trade europe items for fg and fg for american items, it would just make life alot simpler than having to trade europe items for american items, and it would not benefit anyone nearly as much.

yes, but I doubt there would be very many people trying to to realm trades if FG is implemented. And for Europe... there are very few players so FG would definately not work there for normal trading and stuff.

Fallen Angels

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

i was just using europe as an example, could be west to east or anything, and maybe people have stuff on a west acc and want to cash it out, then they can trade it to other west people for fg and just use that fg on east.

ras loves me
Ras wrote:

Supreme1012

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder *Supreme1012 *BSPwndu
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:  

NextGeneration_LLD wrote:
i was just using europe as an example, could be west to east or anything, and maybe people have stuff on a west acc and want to cash it out, then they can trade it to other west people for fg and just use that fg on east.

Very good point for a reason to keep the fg and implement it into the system. The question is "Should we set up a fg system?" and answering how we will do it is a moot point until that gets decided. I think it would help B[x] if everyone posted whether they were in favor of the fg mod or against it and post there reasoning why they were so inclined. Is there already a poll where we can vote? If not there should be, and if there is Ill look for it right after I post this.

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:  

if you don't find it, it's the post above this one

Supreme1012

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder *Supreme1012 *BSPwndu
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:  

Visual Tactics wrote:
if you don't find it, it's the post above this one

Yea I found it, thanx. I voted yes for implementing the fg mod, and I did so bc I believe it will help tremendously with inter realm trading(non-ladder and ladder should be taken into consideration) and also bring lld101 together more and give it more prestige in the D2 community.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:  

Let's move all the discussion to this thread. Thanks.

[Important Links]
Page 3 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Jump to: