LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 1:18 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Shopping NPC Questions
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:  Shopping NPC Questions  

As I understand it shopping needs to be within +5/-5 clvls of the affix mod you are looking for.

I'm looking for visionary (alvl 25) crown of the sun (alvl 17). So shopping with a 25-30 char will produce optimum results (I hope Rolling Eyes ).

Question is: Does the NPC matter? It seems the most crowns show up in A4 and A5. But, other NPC's sell crowns also. If I get bonehelm or circlet or some other helmet I wouldn't care...just want the mods. Anyone know which NPC is best results?

Thanks.

Edit: I think I need to be lvl 21 so I can find both mods on the same helm... educated guess here...anyone confirm?

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:  

OK...alvl +5/-5 is crap for figuring out Mad

affix calc says lvl 36 for bonehelms and lvl 39 for crowns as far as I can tell anyway. There has to be an easier way to figure this stuff out... Evil or Very Mad

Does anyone know why clvls are so hi for an alvl of 25??? qlvl of crown = 29 I didn't check bonehelms but I'm guessing its lower than 29. But, why is clvl 39 when qlvl crown = 29 and alvl visionary = 25??

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VisMaior

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe ladder only.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject:  

This should help you out:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcarson/shopcalc.html

/straight from the sticky thread too!/
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject:  

If you had clicked on that link, you would have realized how much it actually helped him.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:  

where are you getting this alvl +/- 5 thing?

c'mon wfg, i thought you mastered this already. shopping makes it ilvl = clvl + 5. if you are trying with a level 21, you will never get it.

stick in crown/magical/ivl 99 in the affix calculator. find visionary and sun. find the higher level (alvl 25 in this case). keeping lowering level until alvl = 25. happends to be at ilvl 39. subtract 5 to get your clvl. use the link that vismaior provided to find which npc to use. put clvl 34. shows ilvl as 39 (which matches our own find). click helms, choose crown, and it makes a nice fatty list of vendors.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject:  

Knifer wrote:
where are you getting this alvl +/- 5 thing?

c'mon wfg, i thought you mastered this already. shopping makes it ilvl = clvl + 5. if you are trying with a level 21, you will never get it.

stick in crown/magical/ivl 99 in the affix calculator. find visionary and sun. find the higher level (alvl 25 in this case). keeping lowering level until alvl = 25. happends to be at ilvl 39. subtract 5 to get your clvl. use the link that vismaior provided to find which npc to use. put clvl 34. shows ilvl as 39 (which matches our own find). click helms, choose crown, and it makes a nice fatty list of vendors.

I didn't say alvl i said clvl. I was asking why a affix with level of 25 and a crown with a qlvl of 29 need a char lvl of 39 to shop? There are 10 levels of difference between the qlvl and 14 between the alvl. How did I get 39? I kept putting lvls in that calculator till I saw the vis mod and 39 was the minimum for a vis mod on a crown and 36 was the min lvl for a vis mod on a bonehelm.

As far as the NPC's go I know who sells what so it's not like I can't find crowns or bonehelms what I didn't know was if there was a difference between them as far as % chance to find those mods. What I found by just shopping for hours was that Halbu and Larzuk show the most crowns and Jamella shows a crown now and then. Bone helms have always been at Drognan so I didn't even look at any others although I'm sure I could find them on other npc's.

Another thing I couldn't figure out using that calc is the highest % chance for any char from 34-39 shopping a crown. The calc only gives chances on finding those mods at lvl 39 if I put in any lvl from 34-38 vis mod won't show so I don't know which level gives the highest % of shopping. So, the +5/-5 clvl thing might work but it's hard to figure out an optimum level. So, I've just been using a lvl 39 char Rolling Eyes

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping NPC Questions  

wfg-dude wrote:
Question is: Does the NPC matter?

wfg-dude wrote:
As far as the NPC's go I know who sells what

wfg-dude wrote:

yea..

if you can find a crown on the npc, you can find the alvls for your clvl. not any difference in chance. shopping an actual item (crown, bone helm, etc) is just luck. i believe larzuk has the most crowns and anya the most bone helms.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping NPC Questions  

Knifer wrote:

wfg-dude wrote:

yea..

if you can find a crown on the npc, you can find the alvls for your clvl. not any difference in chance. shopping an actual item (crown, bone helm, etc) is just luck. i believe larzuk has the most crowns and anya the most bone helms.

Guess I did say alvl..woops...meant clvl. Either way math is the same. Affix lvl of visionary = 25. qlvl of crown = 29. I thought it was clvl = +/- 5 lvls of the affix or qlvl item...not true.

Larzuk/Halbu have the same amount of crowns (based on experience and the calculator), Drog shows between 2 and 6 bonehelms..I'll have to check out Anya Ithought all she sold was boots, gloves, and armor cuz that's all I've seen the few times I've shopped her. Thanks for the heads up!

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

your confusing with gambling

ilvl is generated between -5 up to +4 for the gamble screen

qlvl is used IF ilvl < qlvl then alvl = 1/2 qlvl
[all items get alvl = 1/2 qlvl minimum]

u must raise the ilvl beyond the Qlvl to raise the alvl above 1/2 Qlvl

so a 30 qlvl means u must have ilvl +30 before the alvl will even raise above 15

make sence?

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
your confusing with gambling
ilvl is generated between -5 up to +4 for the gamble screen

ok that makes more sense now. ilvl for this crown = 18 so I can "gamble" at 13-23 right? Plz tell me I got it...lol

Niceguyazoid wrote:

qlvl is used IF ilvl < qlvl then alvl = 1/2 qlvl
[all items get alvl = 1/2 qlvl minimum

OK ilvl = 18 qlvl = 29. Isn't alvl the "affix" lvl? ... lost me on this one.

DiabloEncyclopedia-azoid wrote:

u must raise the ilvl beyond the Qlvl to raise the alvl above 1/2 Qlvl

so a 30 qlvl means u must have ilvl +30 before the alvl will even raise above 15
How do u raise the ilvl? Maybe I would understand better if u used this example for me...cuz I'm lost now.

qlvl crown = 29
alvl vis mod = 25
alvl sun mod = 17
ilvl (clvl) crown = 18

make sence?[/quote]

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

affix level is described on both mods and items
both are called alvl

alvl on the item referes to the Affix's level it can have.
and when u see an affix listed <"Of pwnage"....lvl 45>
it means u need the item to spawn with alvl 45 or higher to have the chance at that mod

if an item has ilvl = 18 and qlvl = 28
the alvl is spawned based on the minimum allowed which is 1/2 qlvl

so a qlvl 28 item will always have an alvl set at 14 minimum and therefore can always get UP TO alvl 14 mods (those are approximatly as high as req lvl 10)

in summary
qlvl X item MUST have ilvl's above X before its alvl will start to raise above the .5X value
remeber qlvl is UNCHANGED, ilvl changes and alvl is based on qlvl and ilvl {and Magiclvl when availible}

u raise the ilvl many ways in teh game..

1) shop with a high level char ....or goto an act that doesnt have a maximum ilvl cap (acts in normal diff have caps im pretty sure)
2) gamble with a higher level char
3) reroll a rare with skulls (this is a bit more tricky bc of the formulas)
4) craft with higher ilvl items and a higher lvl char

in your example u goto the affix calc and choose Crown. u type in ilvl 18 and choose "none (monster drop magic item)"
you hit "generate" and ull notice in the read-out the alvl was set at 15.. this is bc the math said ilvl < qlvl so alvl = 1/2qlvl
{PS crowns are qlvl 29 on the affix calc and i trust that, and it rounds up for alvl}

untill u can make the crown have an ilvl above 29 you will only get upto alvl 15 mods..
since u need alvl 25 i just enter in an arbitraty number like ilvl 40 and check to see what alvl it spawns.
ill ask you so i know your doing it for urself what alvl does ilvl 40 make on the crown?

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:  

coolmod-azoid wrote:

untill u can make the crown have an ilvl above 29 you will only get upto alvl 15 mods..
since u need alvl 25 i just enter in an arbitraty number like ilvl 40 and check to see what alvl it spawns.
ill ask you so i know your doing it for urself what alvl does ilvl 40 make on the crown

Alvl = 26 on the calc

Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: