LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
battle grounds
Page 2 of 3 [33 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Which is not to say, I assume, that people can't disagree outside of the FF.

I disagree. Please note the irony. However, we don't have a Flame Forum yet so I guess it's not ironic yet...

Dao Jones wrote:
I think we could split the whole OT subsection into several different forums:

1. Alt. Games
2. General Discussion
3. Tech Support
4. Flames & Rants (Should have a cooler name though)

Where items #1 and #2 are basically the current forums, #3 is self-explanatory, and #4 is the "I'm pissed off about something/someone and I want to b*tch about it" section. Personally, I'd like the FF to contain room for ranting, because I'm a guy that likes to rant about crap.

I think it's a good suggestion. In reality, you're only splitting one section worth of material away from the current OT section which would be Tech Support. This can include all realms of tech support, ranging from PCs to PC games to PDAs to anything running on electricity.

[Important Links]
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:  

yeah, on some other sites i go to, you can't say 1 word that is not directly related to the subject of the post without it being considered spam, and you can't say 1 word posts like lol or owned and ect .. but in the battle grounds you can say whatever you want, except for racism, nude pictures, excessivley offensive/gross pictures... you can pretty much do whatever else you want. they get pretty harsh in there too. one guy sometimes makes fun of a girl for her inability to have children due to her cancer or some disease and i think that goes a little too far and i dont really know why she would let anyone know that on a flaming forum anyways. but you could tighten up on spam and flaming anywhere else, maybe for the first week or so instead of putting them on t hin ice or whatever, just tell them to keep flames to the battle ground, and then after the week or so they have to get used to it be more strict about it. it's just kinda fun to be able to agrue and stuff.. i dont even mean anything i say in the battle grounds on other sites, i dont even know anythign about any of the members... but i flame them as hard as i can to see their reaction cause its funny
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:  

Once we have BG's I wont be able to go "Bel you nubcake" anywhere eles ^_^

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

so am i right to say we all generally think it's a good thing to do? i wouldn't mind the rules being stricter elsewhere on the site... it's kinda nice when posts stay on their original topic anyways. it makes looking up info and certain posts a lot easier. just like a week long grace period where you remind people about the new forum instead of being strict right away would be nice is all. as long as people know that i will probably say mean things about you in that forum, and 99% of the time i won't mean a word i say lol. i just like arguing like that cause it's fun
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:  

Sure you do.. nubcake.. but yeh lets get the Battle Grounds started ^_^

and make the word censors worse.. so we practically cant say any bad words at all.. that would be even better :] = more fun / more of a diffuclty

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:  

Or we can make them into really fruity words so you all sound like kids when you post.

"You stupid poopy brain head butt!"

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

MeshinLLD wrote:
Sure you do.. nubcake.. but yeh lets get the Battle Grounds started ^_^

and make the word censors worse.. so we practically cant say any bad words at all.. that would be even better :] = more fun / more of a diffuclty

This is being heavily discussed amongst the powers that be. Realize, however, if we do make a FF then we're gonna *really* crack down on stupidity on the rest of the site. No more flames/arguing outside of the FF (normal disagreement on a given subject is okay, as long as the thread doesn't become about the argument instead of the original topic), the word censor will possibly become more strict, and we're going to expect much better conduct from everyone. The FF will be the "garbage can" of LLD101 - take trash there, and leave it the hell off the rest of the site.

Plus, it's possible I might be the mod tapped to supervise a Flame Forum; if it ends up being me, then God help anyone who pisses me off there. No free rides, you Martha Fockers. Twisted Evil
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:  

i actually like theidea of no more arguements elsewhere on the site,.. nand even if arguments do start the people can just take itfromthere and continue in the flame part. i realllly thinkthe word censor shouldnt be on in the flame forum .. flaming people wouldnt be as fun! i thinkthe difference should be, debating/disagreeing should be allowed anywhere, arguing/flaming should only bein the flame section. no racism or nudity/gross stuff ect... umm whjatever else but those are the main ones ... and posts shouldnt have tobe about flames only.. like if you just want to post something tosee who flamesyou! like on the other site i would just post a stupid video of me and see what people do .. and uhhh you cant get warned for flamingmods and admins! theyre themost fun to poke at
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
and uhhh you cant get warned for flamingmods and admins! theyre themost fun to poke at

Agreed.

[Important Links]
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:  

Within the flame forums we should amek sure there should only be the exchange of malicious words, and not malicious bug, trojans, viruses, remote controlers :](my personal favorite), HDK's, or anything eles of the such.

Unless you want a sub-section post for "hacking eachother" because that could always be fun as well.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
good idea there is a few things i'd like to say to card-sultan

ditto
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:  

so did this idea get accepted? the mods have ok'd it but i don't think the big man has said anything approvingly yet
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
so did this idea get accepted? the mods have ok'd it but i don't think the big man has said anything approvingly yet

We're still working out the details. It'll happen when it happens.

J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:  

it should be like jsp's pvp section

where ppl post s/s's and talk smack!

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:  

Well, the little outburst we had with twisted in OT, we almost got over our most users online #. At one point we had 35, maybe the battle grounds will make more users come on more often?
Page 2 of 3 [33 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: