LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 19, 2024 6:51 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 30 Powerstrike Zon
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject:  Lvl 30 Powerstrike Zon  

Did some tinkering around with this build and I see some major problems already:

Original gear planned:
Peace mage plate
2 pass helm (hopefully w/ias) or pcrown till I find one
angelic ammy + angelic ring
soj (possibly another angelic...depends on dex needs)
boots = sander
glvs = sander
belt = soe
Shield = Grim Rhyme
Wep = Matriarchal Jav (2 skills/hopefully some ias to give me more options)

IAS will be a problem and the BP's are 16/30/52. Sander will give 20 and hoping helm will give 10 for 2nd BP. That will give me 11 FPA or 2.2 attacks per second.

Dex req for 75 max block using a grim shield is 115!
FHR for zon sucks too...BP is 20 = 8, 32 = 7, 52 = 6 basically I'm hosed on FHR. I know there are items that add fhr like bfist...but even with that I'm still only at 7! Sucks.

I also have no cbf. Ideally I'd like to use skill stuff to pump up the passive side ie: pass glvs, pass ammy, etc. but with dex req...I think I'm stuck with angelics!

Skills:
1 prereq jav
20 powerstrike
1 critical strike
1 dodge
1 avoid
6 penetrate

AR will be very nice with powerstrike adding: +248% AR
Penetrate adds: +105% to AR For a total of +353% to AR!!!!!!!!!!!
Power strike also adds 1-646 lite damage. So, attack damage will be low (around 700-800) but the AR will make up for it allowing to hit more often (or at least that is the plan). Different shield like a Grim of Deflecting will allow me to add a couple of maxers but I don't think adding 30+ damage will make a huge difference so...not sure on that one.

Cons: obviously, SLOW attacker, SLOW FHR, LOW life (@800 or so) due to 115 dex reqs.
Pros: Gives 40+% chance to avoid hit AND 75% chance to block. Peace adds 4 to critical strike which also gives me close to 50% chance for double damage! Also, this will hopefully create a new char in the dueling pool vs all those godly zealots/conc barbs!

Trying to be different, but please let me know if this is doable and whether she stands a chance against the aforementioned godlies! Thx.

edit: forgot to add 2 skills from javs...also forgot to add in skills for quests...oops.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
lld_wanabee

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lvl 30 Powerstrike Zon  

wfg-dude wrote:
Dex req for 75 max block using a grim shield is 115!

That seems alot, is that with the 20% increased chance to block from rhyme?

And, you can't have ias on a helm, so if u want the next wp you'll have to get some ias on your javs.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:  

Didnt figure in ICB...just used block calc. I chose rhyme for icb/fbr but didn't do the math myself to see how the dex is affected. block calc says 115 tho...so if lower that is great! Can't imagine it lowering by more than 5-10 dex total tho so dex req is still in triple digits!

Forgot about no ias on helm...crapola! Death set/cow hooves then I guess or get lucky with ias javs.

I wanted to use Peace for +skills/+crit strike...but sounds like uppd twitch may be way to go! Hmmmm gonna ahve to do some playin around with the numbers.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
lld_wanabee

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:  

oh yeah also, rhyme will give cbf, give me a sec ill work out your dex.
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject:  

Is there a benefiet to using powerstrike?I'm just wondering why use it over other zon attacks, is it uninteruptible, itd, anything?

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject:  

Do people make high lvl bear sorcs to be the best duelers? It's just a different build i guess...
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

Powerstrike adds massive % to your AR. Also adds lite dmg to attack.

Other than that...no benefit to it! Just a different turn versus CS which has to fight ranged. Powerstrike could fight melee! If this build is viable it would be interesting to see how they hold up vs. the "usual" 29/30 duelers. With massive AR add ons I thought it might hit more and also hit some of the high defense builds as well.

zon has serious drawbacks, but also gets nice things like critical strike, penetrate, dodge, etc that make them unique! Normal AR with use of angelics multiplied x 350-400% (powestrike/penetrate together) and I'm thinking the ar would be very nice!

Making a bear sorc doesn't make any sense cuz its 2 diff classes. Raise your hand if you are tired of 29 zealot/ 29 conc barb/ 30 fb sorc/27 charger??? I know ppl have other builds out there, but lets face it...most champs at that lvl are chars listed above.

So............would a 30 PS zon be viable or crap vs the "usuals"? If crap...then I guess this build will never see the light of day Embarassed

xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject:  

PS zon is definitely a novel idea and you've found the major flaws already. Just an idea for you because I toyed with this build and still plan to make her eventually. Yes, her life will be a prob based on the amount of dex required for block. The answer!!!!!! Why not make her weild a 2 handed mass damage spear and forget the sheild altogether?? Then make her a tankazon with 1300+life and invest more heavily in her passives to counter the lack of block?Theres a unique low lvl zon spear( i forget the name but i have an eth one from last ladder season). The result will be an extremely high damage ( the slow attacking) tankazon. This zon type was popular in .08 but disappeared Sad
lld_wanabee

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject:  

I really don't think that would be a good idea, dodge basically capps of ast 50%, and zons have a low defecnce ratting so they would always be getting hit, and theie low fhr would just mean getting stuck in fhr lock. Also with a flow weapon u will most likely be interupted before u hit them.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject:  

Two-Hand Damage: (24-27) To (88-99) (56-63 Avg)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 25
Durability: 30
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
+140-170% Enhanced Damage (varies)
40% Chance Of Open Wounds
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target's Defense
+150 To Attack Rating
Prevent Monster Heal
+5 To Impale (Amazon Only)
+3 To Power Strike (Amazon Only)

This is spear you are thinking of (I think)...alas...look at lvl req Crying or Very sad

If I did make an all spear zon I would make an impaler not powerstrike. Impale does sick damage...but makes your weapon break very quickly! Even thought of making a fend zon (similar to zeal) but that skill doesn't work with a shield unfortunately!

Actually after doing the math...with powerstrike...the AR would only be around 2k which is not a big enough advantage over the zealot godlies since they all have 2k or more and do 1.5k plus per swing at 4 FPA!!! That is just too much to overcome with a bad melee char like zon! Maybe the reason blizz gave zons such a godly melee skill as CS is because they are such a terrible choice for melee so they countered that weakness and offered them a godly melee option!

Back to the drawing board...

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject:  

fenders are fun pvm but impale is so slow i dont think you ould ever get a hit off

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:
fenders are fun pvm but impale is so slow i dont think you ould ever get a hit off

hes not talking about impale hes talking about the skill just before cs Razz Power Strike

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject:  

Powerstrike is just as fast as CS...depends on your AR!

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
If I did make an all spear zon I would make an impaler not powerstrike. Impale does sick damage...but makes your weapon break very quickly! Even thought of making a fend zon (similar to zeal) but that skill doesn't work with a shield unfortunately!

Rolling Eyes

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:

Rolling Eyes

maybe if u had quoted that earlier we'd kno what your talkin about Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: